So, I've tried buying old used cars from private sellers but there is always so much drama involved...

So, I've tried buying old used cars from private sellers but there is always so much drama involved, I wasn't able to register my '81 VW Rabbit. So I'm deciding to just be an adult and finance my first new car, Im looking at the 2017 fiat 124 spider ( Lusso, Classica, Elabrionze ) and was wondering what Veeky Forums thought of this vehicle, Ive heard the body design is the same as the new mx5 mazda miata, but i don't want a meme car because im a special snowflake. Everyone i know has one of those.

I also only buy new cars. Buying used is always doing detective work, and it's fucking dumb. I can't be bothered to do that.

it absolutely absurd what are you driving right now

Buy it. It'll be a pretty good car. It's like a unique Miata.

Awesome I'm glad you think so! totally stoked

The 124 is brreddy good but the Miata has a better transmission and drives better. If you can get over the stigma, you'll see why miatas are so popualr.

Has anyone even bought one of these things? It's been out for a minute and it has a shit engine, can any one do a review? Who has one?

You got it confused. The new Miata transmissions are having more issues since it was made to be lighter. Fiat 124 got the last gen Miata transmission to handle the higher torque specs.

Another new car fag here.
Once you start buying new cars, you never go back. Only poor idiots buy anything second hand.

you're way better off buying it one year used, which is virtually identical to buying new in terms of lack of hassle.

also fiats depreciate like nuts, a 32k fiat 124 abarth will be worth 24k in one year

>also fiats depreciate like nuts, a 32k fiat 124 abarth will be worth 24k in one year

That's bullshit.

look at the 500 abarth
and before you say "this will depreciate differently relative to the rest of the brand", that almost never happens

>I wasn't able to register my '81 VW Rabbit.
Why not?

People like you make for a good used market so keep it up! Thanks

Because millennial

> go to dmv
> you need to bring proof of insurance
> "this is fucking impossible!"

Are the people encouraging this dumb cunt meming? Sure man go ahead and pay 30k for a fiat when you can get an e90 m3 for the same price. Youre really smart buddy! :^)

M3 is a shit car. Neck yourself, cunt.

T. Miata spic

Implying a 160hp "miata" is better than a 414hp M3. Fuck off Ricer

Why not abarth?

Also I hear the handling is worse than the miata

Be sure to sit in one with the top up first - especially in the AM when your spine is longer. And drive it so you can be sure your knees won't bash stuff.

They're still quite snug inside for anyone over 5'10" and/or 180lb.

Not worse but not as hard than the Miata EXCEPT the Abarth-version which is indeed razorsharp.