2017 Renault ZOE Z.E.40. (41kWh)

The all electric cute little monster from Renault.

>Does 300-400kms on a full charge.
>Battery and power train were co-developed with LG.
>Give it a 30 min charge and it will give you 80kms of range.
>the battery uses high-energy density lithium-ion technology.

Other urls found in this thread:

eauto.si/en/metron7-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Sorry this is only for the Europeans.

Maximum Torque rated at 225Nm.

>0-50 in under 4 seconds.

I think I'll pass on this cuckmobile.

So what you think?

And South America pretty soon. (Soon = 2020).
I don't liked. Green shit all in plastic and expensive.
I'll stick to some used 206 SW.

0-50kmh?

Yes. That's what was written in the spec sheet.

This is a vegan car

> automatic

fucking dropped

I think its cute

is there any manual electric car ?

>Peugeot driver

Thank you for your valuable opinion.

what is the 0-100 ?

That's why I love it.
Renault did good starting early with their research in electric vehicles even though it took them long to go Z.E. on a broader spectrum.
And now after its update the Zoé has actually become one of the best european competitors in terms of electric mobility.

I'd prefer it over a Tesla any day of the week.

I drove one and it was really great.

>t. Renault PR team

>that
>cute
No

I'm pretty sure there are no manual electric cars. Though I read it somewhere that one company is already developing one. I'll link it up if I get the news article.

Probably 7 seconds. It's an economy car and not as quick as a Tesla.

Patents own one. Constantly broken, real life range is 50% of what was advertised, accelerates well up to 50 km, then at a normal rate. Plus general Renault issues like infotainment system being shit, steering way too light etc
Also very expensive at about 320€

Reliability is the main issue though, so the Zoe will be replaced by an old 2nd gen impreza 1.5 in January. Will probably be a lot nicer to drive than the Renault as well

Renault shills(Y THO) btfo kek

But Veeky Forums told me electric cars never break down :(

meh
we're getting to the point where electric cars dont need to be cute or dopey to sell

chevy bolt chassis in a coupe body style with proper suspension tuning and power delivery tuned for maximum torque whennnnn

is the chebby volt known for it's fantastic chassis

do you still have to rent the battery?

I don't really see the point of a manual electric car, frankly I don't even see the point of coupling an electic motor with any sort of transmission.

That's actually one of the main advantages.

They do. There is just less to go wrong, at least on the mechanical side.

Normally when people call a car a monster it is usually incredibly fast or a Frankenstein of a car

Youd probably find that if a fully electric dump truck comes along it will have to have selectable ratios to assist with hills

LOL

>>the battery uses high-energy density lithium-ion technology.
So the same battery technology we've had for years

Battery energy density hasn't gotten much better in a long time

Correct me if I'm wrong, but uphill driving requires torque and electric motors generate all the torque instantly.
So as I see it you just need an engine that packs enough punch.

The whole "maximum torque at 0 rpm" thing is a meme.
Also torque multiplication. Gearboxes are still useful on electric vehicles if you want decent performance without super expensive motors.

Yeah, okay. There is no ideal electic engine.

Still, I don't see the point. Transmissions always reduce overall efficiency since some of the power will inevitably dissipate. And for an electric vehicle efficiency is what you want, not to mention the added weight.
I also don't think that a smaller engine and a gearbox is cheaper to produce than a larger electric engine.

It just makes that garbage truck mentioned earlier heavier, more complex, less efficient, and adds another part that requires maintenance.

i dont care how good electric cars get. i drive a COMBUSTION ENGINE car just to piss off green earth fags

Yeah you're just making a bunch of assumptions while engineers actually do tests to get meaningful answers.

this looks so fucking trash
literal cuckmobile like other user said

You have to admit though those assumptions are not baseless, and you're welcome to prove me wrong.

>electric
kys

There's actually one guy in Slovenia that converts regular cars to electric power,and also keeps them manual,because according to him,it makes the range a lot better.

He managed to drive over 700km (420+ miles) with a fucking Mazda 5
>pic related

320 eurobills is considered expensive for a car? Do you live in eastern Europe?

>cute

The FUCK is wrong with you.

Haha I know but I added it because this car will have certainly more punch in accelatrion due to that instant torque-on-demand than a regular small hatchback.

I thought it was cute!

That is actually really nice! Thanks for sharing this piece of info!

You're welcome to explain why electric car manufacturers use torque multipliers for no reason.

Is this sarcasm i'm seeing?

Looked at one today, it is a Joke for every grown man

No, I really thanked him for giving the info.

Who does?

If you mean that electric Mazda 5 the gearbox has little to go with the actual range. If you look at the specs it's got double the battery power of the Renault and goes roughly double the distance at an average speed of 70 km/h. No magic involved there.

I also just talked to 4 mechanical engineering students and an actual engineer who used to work for Mercedes Benz. They all affirm my theory.
An electric vehicle does not need a gearbox.

You had to spoil it..

> source: my asshole

cool slammed mazda. Not like there's 2 tonnes of batteries in it.

>engineering students

The only people who think they have any knowledge are students themseles.

eauto.si/en/metron7-2/

Still not addressing any of the points.

If you don't have anything productive to contribute I'm done here.

It requires more power.

Whether gotten by increased force or increased rate. Once the power increase is the same the yield is the same.

Power is literally work done which is what a lot of people seem to lack the ability to understand.

You could reduce the rate by half and double the force but youd still only be able to do the same amount of work you were doing before.

In the olden days some motors were designed on housings that spun freely with the drive because until they were up to speed they couldnt even get themselves going as they were coupled to what they were driving.

What a selectable reduction will do, can allow a motor sufficient to move a 20 ton truck at 70mph at full power will allow that truck to actually make it up a hill without having to add an extra 3rd of the power. And it is not simply making it bigger or spin faster but there are these things called amps and volts which add more complexities to the equation

Sorry. I wasnt the guy arguing against the point. I am the "heavy truck may need gears" guy.

It wont be your average gearbox. It'd be more like a range selector, a transfer case if you will. A transfer case built to handle 250 lbs ft and 6000 rpm input and output weighs 120 lbs. Nothing on a japanese 6 ton garbage truck which puts out the same force but half the rpm.

Where i sometimes visit for vacation we drive side by sides and there are a couple steep hills on the island and the gasoline powered mules have the advantage of being able to go up the steeper hills with 6 people and a cooler filled with 100lbs of ice and beer because they have a low range. The electric mules cant do it because they only have direct drive and while they are faster on flat ground they desperately either need a more powerful motor or a low range to give the current motor more leverage.

pretty scary with a stalled motor on a steep hill and begging your passengers to hop out. You cant let go the throttle because you only have brakes on the front wheels which means you slide all the way back down.

Sorry again. 6 ton is the payload as we measure it here. 10 tons gross

>>Give it a 30 min charge and it will give you 80kms of range.
Is this supposed to be attractive? That sounds fucking pathetic to me.
Also it probably costs like 30k and I can buy a mint LS400 for 5k, which is superior in every way to that cuckbox.

I just checked the Renault website.
In France it will be 23k with a 6k eco discount.

That's actually a decent price for a compact electric car.

>fill up your car for 2-5min and itll give you 400-800km of range

>renault
>nothing but electronics in it
good lord this thing isn't gonna last 5 months without a major failure