Why do manual cars still stall in the year of our lord, 2016?

Why do manual cars still stall in the year of our lord, 2016?

Why can't the car just kick it into neutral when it detects a low speed stall out is about to occur?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wK3Z3x0umcQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_900#Sensonic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It wouldn't be very manual then, would it?

>Why doesn't the car correct my mistakes

>just kick it into neutral

Because there isn't an onboard robot to physically move the shifter into neutral.

With that said, newer cars today like the Focus RS will automatically increase the idle to prevent stalling if the RPMs drop too low so it's good enough

Why dont they have a drive-by-wire clutch that modulates itself?

sneaky kraut motherfuckers
youtube.com/watch?v=wK3Z3x0umcQ

Good idea! Then the transmission could also shift itself. What shall we call this brilliant new invention?

Would you drive a 1st-gear-only automatic car?

Might make city driving more enjoyable.

Hmmm, really all the best qualities of an auto are in the first gear only.

I would, actually.

why waste money on outdated tech

what the fuck is the point in have a "manual" car then?

Jesus fuck, I thought clutch-by-wire was a joke.

Toybota's "sequential" transmission seems bretty cool from what I read about it. Computer controlled hydraulic clutch so all you have to do is move the shifter up or down to change gears. No automatic mode either

That's the idea

paddle shifters are gay

+ / - shifters are gay

what we want is is a dual clutch manual with a R-1-2-3-4-5-6 shifter

>what we want
What you want. Buy a fucking DCT or buy a manual.

What we really need issequencing transmissions in all cars.

DCT shifters are gay too.

let me know when they make a car that has a traditional manual shifter, without the clutch pedal.

or, like OP suggested, a stall-proof manual.

Where throwout bearings come to die.

>mfw manuals are becoming more and more rare

Fuck living in north america

Nowadays the only way to get a manual is to buy the cheapest barebones trim of a car. The nicer premium trims always have automatic

thats retarded

like legit

why senpai? OP's idea was decent. why can't manuals have a clutch override that prevents stalls?

It would probably be easiest and cheapest to just gitgud

>this is the GM equivalent of the ion redline

wtf Chevy

A maunel with a lockable torque converter would be really nice though.

They exist, they're supremely shit

manual is outdated garbage that hardly any one wants

a clutchless h shifter is just stupid as all hell

just get a DCT since its better in every way without being stupid

Crap. It's like being driven a fumbling retard.

You do know that Saturn was owned by GM right? In fact, the Ion Redline and Cobalt SS have some interchangeable parts

>What is fuel injection

as stupid as it sounds i see three benefits:
-clutch isn't limited so much by size as with DCTs
-ability to remap
-skids, which are not possible with DCTs or slushbox
"city driving" looks interesting

>what the fuck is the point in have a "manual" car then?
it's the more-or-less advanced version saxomat in original beetle.
And in less developed countries it may work as cheaper alternative for AT, when you find out you need to pay 3 times your salary for new transmission (i'm not fucking kidding, "good" salary is like $1000/mo)

i would love to see paddle shifter that would let you shift 2 gears in either direction

DCT is good in theory but they all have those gay +/- shifters

I like shifters that actually move around into different positions for different gears

why would this be shit?
from neutral to first it could be slushy and then after its in first it locks up.

fuck paddle shifters

why do DCTs have to be sequential?

sequential is the best for performance

fuck your feels

i don't care about performance i care about fuel economy 2bh

No one cares about performance.
All anyone cares about are dank heel toes.

>tfw my saturn is only an ion2
>tfw it's also autotragic
I want to die every time I drive. I constantly consider throwing my car into oncoming traffic.

>buying new
Do you enjoy being cucked?

That's pretty cool desu

What is a CVT?

>why wont the car do things for me
is it really that fucking hard to just properly modulate your clutch and throttle?
any passenger car from the factory is going to be pretty hard to stall accidentally after like 20 minutes of driving

Automatics are a luxury, like air conditioning and leather seats.

Get on my level.

>Automatics used to be a luxury
ftfy
now they're for lazy people, disabled people or people who simply dont give a fuck about driving

I can drive stick just fine. Will consider your git good though. I prefer the feel of the transmission on my bike. Is cost the only reason they don't put bike transmissions in cars.

I love the quickshifter where you just kick it to the next gear with the tach pegged

How does buying a new car make somebody a cuck? You are the one buying a used car that has been more than likely abused, go do a quick Google search on the word cuck kiddo.

>Why doesn't my car turn when I keep the wheel straight?

The sequential manuals they use in race cars are very similar to bike transmissions. I don't know why they aren't more popular in road cars.

They sound like you are driving in reverse gear the whole time.

the desire for sequential manuals is even less than that of standard manuals. thats why you'd be hard pressed to find any car that was mass produced with a sequential manual option.
The mr2 spyder is the only car that comes to mind for me.

That is unfortunate. sticks are semi rare in burgerland where I'm at.

they have manual cars now with hill assist

>YEAAAAAH TIP ASSIST

Saab made one. It was shit.

Shit

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saab_900#Sensonic

3 pedals for 2 feet sucks. I want a sequential 1n2-3-4-5 shifter with a hand clutch

You can make constant-mesh sequential transmissions with helical cut gears too.

>With the car in gear but stationary, the clutch was released only when throttle was applied. If neither brake nor gas pedal was depressed, a warning tone sounded and a message flashed on the on-board display, and if no action was taken after 7 seconds, the engine was shut off.
kek that's gay

>manual is outdated garbage that hardly any one wants
911R says hi

what is this retard on about now?

viper acr says hi as well

So it's a CVT with a gear shifter instead of paddles. Wew.

tell him i said hi pls

100% wrong

It does the same thing. you change "gears" without using any gears to change your torque. doesn't matter if it's done by a belt or hydraulics.

you just described Veeky Forums

it's a normal 5 speed transmission operated by hydraulics you simpering retard there nothing CVT about it

Pagani hyuraya has this

>Changes Vehicle Transmission with belt
>Changes Vehicle Transmission with hydraulics
They are both CVTs. You still aren't directly changing gears needing to adjust the clutch manually.

The mrs gearbox is the same thing as a BMW smg. It's just a single clutch auto. A true sequential uses dog synchros and needs no clutch to shift gears. They aren't used in street cars because they are too expensive and aren't reliable enough

Are you retarded?

CVT stands for Continuously Variable Transmission not Changes Vehicle Transmission

kek

My 2017 triton has this. It's gay as aids. You have no idea when it's going to activate or not and more often than not it just makes you stall. I would rather use the handbrake desu

It is Continuously Variable because you have manual control of the Constant Vehicle Torque. You adjust the amount by shifting gears.

No. By continuously variable they mean it has an infinite amount of possible gear ratios that it goes through, where the Toyota has 5.

Lel my car has wire clutch and drive by wire.
You gotta be master of shifting to get this piece of shit right.
>get in my m8s car with hydro clutch and electric throttle
SO SMOOOOOOTH

cool

a limited edition and a discontinued piece of shit

really represents the majority

yeah you're right, it's 2016 and it's all about progressive car design now

Unless you are missing a foot there is no excuse for stalling.

exactly

manuals are a niche

Every transmission is a CVT with that logic you dense retard.

Did you come online just to ruin my day?

yeah
they're niche
thats different from outdated garbage

It already happens but if you dump the clutch of course it won't react fast enough to save your dumb ass.

If you let out the clutch slowly the ECU will detect this and adjust ignition timing towards MBT and/or open the throttle more to keep the engine at the target idle RPM.

>why won't X handhold me?!?!?!

4chanis an 18+ site.

My 2015 STI has this. I ended up turning it off because it just caused me to stall (i live in a hilly area).

That interior is 2000s as fuck lmfaoo

How is the redline as a vehicle in terms of daily drive-ability and reliability (reliability being how do the core parts hold up with regular preventative maintenance)? I'm attracted to the concept of a supercharger.

because manuals DONT stall.
>YOU cant drive. yes the truth hurts sometimes...

>tfw no car with a final gear OD ratio of .1 for going 500 MPH on staitaways

Just get an automatic, faggot

Allow me to introduce you to the Volkswagen Autostick transmission.