Debunking claims of miracles

In this thread, let's post the more reasonable explanations for supposed "miracles" and supposedly paranormal activity that the Christian claims is evidence in favor of his religion (as though other religions didn't have their own miraculous claims).

When one reads hagiographies dating from the rise of Christianity and until the 15th century, one sees the most outlandish of claims that Christians actually believed in and - in most cases - still believe in. Claims of levitation, bi-location, materialization/multiplication of matter, prophesy, contact with supernatural beings... claims that, surprisingly, became scarcer and scarcer until they dwindled into non-existence with the coming of the Enlightenment and increased secularization and with the advent of both the camera and faster communication methods.

*tips fedora*

"Miracles" in the bible are metaphors. There you go, saved you all 90 worthless posts.

>muh evidence

now that's a miracle

I'd be much more interested in a "debunking paranormal memes general" thread than this, this seems like it'll dissolve into "they were having a hallucination/were on drugs/etc etc" very quickly

You can debunk metaphor, so we can try this.

What if you try my cock instead? This thread is useless.

>You can debunk metaphor

I rank you... fedora.

Lv. 1-5: nerd
Lv. 6-10: autist
Lv. 11-15: fedora

>I'm going debunk claims without evidence by making my own claims without evidence
>It's ok when I do it because fedoraism is the one true religion

> debunking paranormal memes genera
> /pol/
How this is even Historic or Humanities?

>fedora chieftain
el em ayy oh

>Nietzsche

Catholics and Orthodox believe in miracles even after the events recorded in the Bible.

By the way Cessationism is an idiotic and cowardly cop-out. "Well, miracles occurred, but not anymore!" Oh, really? How convenient for you!

>samefagging

yup, you got me

Miracles also mostly happen to those dying for their faith.

How many Western Christians actually have to risk their life for their faith nowadays?

> Oh, really? How convenient for you!
How can you deny that? What if Universe is truly changed and that is why witchcraft and alchemy doesn't work anymore even if they were recorded as legit practices by many witnesses.

How do I grind rank

Proofs?

How the fuck is this either history or humanities