/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

Throwback edition

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ FAQ, Guide, and Links (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ drawfriend galleries
r6gdrawfriends.booru.org/
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Official News & Known Issues
New Mid-Season Reinforcements patch on the 15th.
Livestream link description now says 15th instead of 13th.
youtube.com/watch?v=bA36gkJrTZw
Year 2 has been confirmed. New CTU's will be Spain, Hong Kong, Poland, and South Korea.
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.1 Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1522714-Patch-Notes-Update-5-1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

Tango down:

Other urls found in this thread:

game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer
youtube.com/watch?v=BzuPI7tk9B8
youtube.com/watch?v=cRoWRZJCgio
youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4
twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/807993435626106882
youtube.com/watch?v=uMC3f_O6gPo
youtu.be/yGI6J77HsJM?t=17s
youtube.com/watch?v=CtWirGxV7Q8
youtube.com/watch?v=3JaCcsmjYM8
youtube.com/watch?v=69gVHyL-rPo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who are you hoping gets buffed in the new patch?

Is Montagne a mother hen?

For the love of god, just fixing blitz would count as a buff

SPETSNAZ. Each and every one of them.

Operator speed/armor finally being brought in line so everyone gets 2/2. Defenders then get even more value out of Rook plates.

Shields will never be fully fixed. It is time to accept that they are nothing more than glorified newbie bait and Nitro Cell magnets.

>Castle, just give him an extra barricade or two, maybe make it extend to the floor, reduce the time it takes to put up and pull them down
>Glaz, not really sure what they could do to buff him, just give him SOMETHING to make him stand out more.
>Blitz, fix his fucking hitbox please. 2/2 maybe, make it so he can charge his flashes to reach farther/blind longer.
>Fuze, make cluster charges shoot out faster. Let him put two up at once but have default shooting speed instead.
>IQ, pretty decent as is, but her ability is still ASS. Let her mark gadgets or something.

This, plz.

Make shields orthogonal from where you're looking at so you can actually use stairs.

What if they gave Glaz an upgraded spotting ability? Giving teammates a Caveira like outline for 5 seconds after he spots them?

What would /r6g/'s opinion be on an update adding toggle lasers/flashlights and being able to shut off lighting inside? Obviously after lighting is "fixed".

Isn't that gay multicam their typical current kit?
Also, when will Valk get an MICH helmet like BB, instead of a fucking cowl to conform to Iraq's feminine social standards, while also flagrantly disregarding them with her bigass tattooed arms without sleeves?

Id like to be able to toggle laser. I never use them as I've been spotted too many times, even with trying to worry about crosshair placement.

game-rainbow6.ubi.com/en-us//player-statistics//multiplayer

>r6 stat website STILL doesn't show KD or WL for Echo or Hibana

Fucking how

Buff:
>All spetsnaz
>All shields
Remove:
>masterkey firerate cap

So what is BB's tattoo? Is it the SEAL trident? I've also seen a symbol similar before, like an I and a Y on top of each other, but I can't remember what it was from or what it meant.

hell no. all glaz needs is his dropoff damage buffed.

I think they should give him something similar to that, but not for the whole team. Make him have to communicate with his teammates to put the intel to use. The thermal imaging scope would actually make the scope useful other than being a flipsight 4x. It would also give incentive to have the normal 1x sights over the 4x sights at times. Although I think they should scrap his flip-sight as a magnifier, give him a choice of having a standard 4x scope and the flip sight just changes to thermal. Maybe work it on a cooldown or something like Caveira.

The problem with thermal though is that it would be incredibly gimmicky or unbelievably broken.

Also, Seahawk is full on wet suit headgear. Wet suit uniform so I can relive my SOCOM 2 glory days when?

Huh. Never noticed he had one before.

Navy SEALS give zero fucks

I'm fairly certain the people that say this have no idea what it's like to play Glaz. In what map other than Plane are you being an actual sniper? House, Bank, Hereford maybe? His role as a long range marksman isn't great, if he had advantage to stay at a distance then it would be fine, but considering he can be outpeeked by Jager or Rook fairly easily, that role isn't really playing to it's potential.

This. 3 speeds need a reason to not peek.
>chest shot OHK
>at all ranges
>plates don't help
>no DBNO. just death.
>do not pass go
>do not collect $200

I want meme setups

How does one ?

>Remove:
>masterkey firerate cap

This, look at these fucking pick rates, the entire CTU went unpicked

>His role as a long range marksman isn't great, if he had advantage to stay at a distance then it would be fine
no shit, it's because his dropoff is trash. he should be downing 1 armors with 1 shot from the farthest distance but that isn't the case.

Daily reminder to purge this glorious general of blackshittercucks

Disregard cyberpunk, go crustpunk

Default Headgear, or Tsetse
Default Uniform
AR33, Holo Sight, Supressor, Vertical Grip, Laser Sight, Black Widow Skin
Pistol, Supressor, Laser Sight

Even if the dropoff wasn't bad, staying at range wouldn't advantage him in almost all maps in the game.

>be buck
>prepare to breach with masterkey
>sneeze
>wall vaporized
>was load bearing
>house collapses
>hostage killed

I die inside every time I see these pickrates. There's clearly something wrong here, and it feels like they don't know what to do.

>Still no African Operators

>it feels like they don't know what to do
Well considering they're the best teams in the world, it seems they have some idea of what to do. Now don't get me wrong, playing online matches against randoms and playing eSports matches against other competent teams are way different ball games, but when it comes to game knowledge and skill, these guys are unmatched.

He means Ubisoft have no idea what to do to balance the pickrates out.

i think by "they" he was referring to the devs

By they I mean ubisoft. Of course the teams pick what works. There is no situation where you'd say, "I don't think we should take blackbeard."

Well you can't blame people for picking the broken characters when they're playing to win. It's not their fault Ubisoft is horrible at balancing and would rather negligibly buff characters like IQ and Doc than nerf completely ridiculously broken characters like Ash and Jager.

Gadgets simply can't compare. Compare twitch and BB: under what circumstances would you pick her over him? Never.

Under what circumstances wouldn't you pick free cams and nade defense+3 speed and a rifle? Also never.

>Implying I want buffs
>Ash and Jäger become 3 armor/1 speed
No excuse these speed demons get some of the best guns on their respective sides

in the plight of shields, part of their being shit comes from their being countered by the top EIGHT fucking defense picks

every single person has something that shits on shields- four of them have instant win buttons (nitros) and the other 4 have free pressuring chip damage or instant escapes

you want to make shields good? start taking fucking nitros away from operators that would still be top tier without them, namely valkyrie and bandit.

>but that would hurt bandit way more than valkyrie!
you're right, shock wires blow and need a revamp

I feel like they could fix this by giving everyone the same walking movement speed - only making sprint speed different.

so how reliable are shields in versus? newb here only played against bots so far but i've seen several people get hit through shields and they just seem unreliable when it should be the opposite

>tfw Jager is melonin enriched.

Post crustpunk

it's like ubisoft is trying their hardest to prevent me from playing their game

Now play this in the background on low volume when you're operating.

youtube.com/watch?v=BzuPI7tk9B8

Is there a single bad track in either Hotline Miami game?

Problem is the majority of the community probably think Ash and Jager are perfectly fine so of course the devs aren't going to touch them. If someone on /v/eddit wants to make a post to nerf Ash and Jager, it's going to get downboated to hell and back and the devs won't be able to see it.

Yes. Namely 2's soundtrack.

I hate Hotline Miami 2. Even the soundtrack fucking sucks.

Not sure, but the back of chibi BB's helmet is interesting

>I LOVE V
Valkyrie?

I got these going for me so I'll add that in, thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=cRoWRZJCgio

youtube.com/watch?v=x1NAhlVRaZ4

Vagina, he's in the Navy so he has to make it abundantly clear he's not gay.

Tachanka buff for mid season reinforcement.

Oh baby.

He loves Vicente, which is Capitao's first name.

are the Golden Charms in the Pro League set universal?

twitter.com/Rainbow6Game/status/807993435626106882

it's not like it matters, a stationary turret is never going to be useful in this game

Looks like it could be a trident. SEALs use a trident on their insignia.

Look at how yoked the VA is for Tachanka

>Tachanka can now move and shoot his DP28

Could someone please explain peeker's advantage to me? I feel like it's something that gets me killed a lot.

I think they got inspired by Battlefield 1, so most likely you'll get Tachanka equipping the LMG on the go. It would make sense, rather covering it with a metal shield, because that would also make him vulnerable to frags.

Untitled is the best song out of both games.

Untitled sucks dick.

What?

Precisely. This shit shouldn't even exist. The only difference in speed should be on Shield ops and that's it. 2/2 is a decent balance and leave it at that.

TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT I MOST LIKELY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.
I think it's something about lean lag or something. Like, if you peak fast then your head could still be behind the wall to the other player so they don't even see you before you get shot. I think it works the other way too, like if you go back in to cover your head is still poking out for a second even though on your screen you got back.

There's a video in the pastebin about it as well.

Netcode means if I can peak aim and shoot you in the head before you see it happen on ypur computer.

It's in pretty much all online shooters until response times are near negligible, but Siege's below average netcode & quick kill times make the problem more noticeable.

It's gotten better over time but Brazilian lag monkeys will abuse their latency on US data centers and call it skill.

*before you shoot them.

youtube.com/watch?v=uMC3f_O6gPo

WE WUZ OPERATORS

IQ was strafing away from the angle the moment Valk pushed. Valk then shot the "ghost" and killed him. There is no peeker's advantage in that video, it's just an inevitability of online multiplayer shooters.
It happens in every online game, there's nothing you can do other than higher tickrates, which would help a little.

youtu.be/yGI6J77HsJM?t=17s
(turn your volume down)

Guide says to turn off Vsync, but this tearing is unbearable for me. Any ways to minimize it?

What would New Zealand operators bring to the meta?

Legends

youtube.com/watch?v=CtWirGxV7Q8

Being dismissive about this is not smart, however I do agree that memory on crosshair placement and pre-firing is the reason these things happen.

Which begs the question, why did they pick this shitty engine in the first place? The same company owns the Dunia Engine 2 which was tailor made for the next gen Far Cry games, not to mention you could make some really sweet movement, animation, shooting mechanics with it.

Also - youtube.com/watch?v=3JaCcsmjYM8

Didn't wanna learn it most likely.

youtube.com/watch?v=69gVHyL-rPo

more like chads

>Still no Zach Galifianakis operator

Greeks don't qualify for Rainbow duty.

There was one in the older games though

Wait is it true that if you win all your placement matches you get diamond rank instantly?

This game is consuming me; I can't stop fucking playing. Haven't enjoyed a multiplayer FPS like this since I played TF2 years ago.

Oh shit, I stand corrected. Which game is this?

>gold 4
>lose repeatedly to diamond stacks
>gold 3
>curbstomp silvers and low golds
Does platinum even exist? I literally only get matched against diamonds or silvers/golds

>play ranked a few moments ago
>randomly two germans are in EUS server
>not speaking english, except to do callouts and name Operators
>being bros
>asshole on our team tells them "speak English"
>constantly getting angry at them, etc
>One german is clearly pro, or due to latency getting massive peaker's advantage
>end of game he has about 14-16 kills
>I'm second, behind him with 6 kills
>Game went into the 5-4 with us winning
>asshole was dead last with no kills, no assists, and about 6 deaths
>make new german friends

You know, if you can still speak my language and give me callouts in ways I understand, you can speak Afrikaans in your free time for all I care.

New Zealand's alright

>playing ranked
>Guy has racist name
>Guy keeps verbally berating us
>Play like shit in response and TK him on the last round
I bet my ass he was from this general

When should I start trying ranked?

Now.

>Guy has racist name
>Guy keeps verbally berating us

Uh oh better call the thought crime police.

She made her debut in Rogue Spear

Attacker needs to be 3 armour, maybe Samoan.

Choice between a Benelli M3 and MARS CQB16, maybe have a shield option as well.

Sidearm is HK USP.

Reading up on them a little bit, it looks like the NZSAS have thus far fulfilled less of an active combatant role and are typically deployed as either reconnaissance, rescue or support units, so maybe their gadgets could be related to that in some way. Could be the chance to add a medic to the attacking side?

Also, regarding their service in Afghanistan:
>In January 2011, General David Petraeus announced that, since 2009, the NZSAS had made 60 "high-risk" arrests of suspected militants or Taliban leaders, seized 20 weapons caches, and foiled four attacks. He added that the unit had successfully executed more than 90% of its operations and raids without firing a shot. The unit was withdrawn from Afghanistan on 31 March 2012.

They appear to have a reputation for completing their missions without actually firing their weapons, could be an opportunity there for something goofy like an intimidation ability, or something to that nature.

Alternatively the gadget is just a passive morale buff to your team since you know the Kiwi's got your back in a tough spot.

But I'm only level 43.

And? You wanna get better?