/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Winter blues edition

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Plailect revealed we can now use almost any DSiWare game for downgrading. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo is offering $100 to $20,000 for 3DS vulnerabilities.
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.

>Wii U
-ColdBoot HaxChi looking promising, may want to wait for lower risk implementations
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=490
gbatemp.net/threads/downgrading-11-0-11-1-3dss-without-dsiwarehax-is-possible.452798/
gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

11.2 when?

>-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated.
how do you fuck up this bad

Posted in the last thread about formatting and getting unbanned.

Tried formatting through the 3ds.
Still banned.
Is there anyway to unban myself without another 3ds?

Is this going to work for a new 3ds xl? nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=490

I found a o3ds for 15 bucks. The only problems is the homebutton dont working and to turn off, i need press the power button to force a shutdown.Is obrtigatory the use of home button to put a cfw? Also the fw is on 4.2( ti found with 1.0U and use only fire emblem game)

don't believe-a his lies

Asking again.

Anyone have the newest GBAlpha Sapphire download with shadow lugia/ho-oh edits included? I don't think the 3dsiso megathread has the newest version. (it has 3.2 but I'm not sure due to how poorly documented the romhack is what the newest version is but the thread was edited prior to the latest edit of the romhack page.)

read the sticky follow the guide

I'm upgrading my micro sd card on my black friday n3ds. I have Legends of Exidia downloaded, is this dsiware game saved on the sd card? Am I screwed if I change my sd card since you can't download it anymore?

Guys, i have a O3DSXL With RXTools, 4.5 on Sysnand and the latest one on the CFW, this bullshit just stopped working and now i have a 4.5 3DS and want to install something new, where should i start?

just store it into the console dude.

>be like 5 months ago
>get a cheap ass refurb 2DS just for the purposes ot hacking and pirating
>install RX Tools and run the shitty user land system from back then
>it's a pain in the ass to install games
>forget about 2DS

then
>black friday 2k16
>pick up a cheap ass N3DS
>find out you can hax the shit out of it using my old 2DS
>a9lh my 2DS and system xfer downgrade the N3DS
>you can now install any fucking game using nintendo's own servers

is this real life? going from RX Tools to Luma is fucking night and day, bros.

now the question is... should I sell the al9h 2DS ? how much can I make off of it?

if you have rxtools you do not have a9lh

educate urself

How to I get a DSiWare game for downgrading if everytime I access the store it asks me to upgrade my 11.0 black friday 3DS?

>inbr use ctr-httpwn, which doesn't work with menuhax

Stop using Menuhax until you get the game, or use a cartridge-based exploit.

get another entrypoint like basehaxx
otherwise you cant

Literally use homebrew then httpwn to access the shop. Menuhax isn't even needed when you are just trying to get a dsiware game

>a9lh my 2DS

Sounds like you need to educate yourself and learn to reading comprehension.

>should I sell the al9h 2DS
Honestly, it's up to you. Chances are you won't pick it up again, but you can always use that 2DS to do a system transfer for another friend. If you're up to the task too, you can always use that 2DS to perform system transfer downgrades for other people and charge them for it. You could make more money than just selling the 2DS that way, but that's not a guarantee.

Last reason to hold on to it is if you're main N3DS ever gets banned (which it shouldn't unless you did something stupid, and I do mean stupid). You can use the localfriendseed thing from the 2DS to unban the N3DS if you ever reach that point, which again, you shouldn't.

Don't know how much you can sell it for or make if you decide to go that route.

user doesn't even have to buy primary entrypoints. Just needs browserhax

>Coldboot Haxchi
Didn't hear about this. And it will supposedly let you boot into Sigpatched Sysnand which is nice too.

I'm on 9.2 downgrade but the only entrypoint i have right now is freakyhax but it keeps crashin when i launch it. help bros what do i do

My 3DS refuses to go back to home from homebrew without rebooting.

Ignore the "you're" please. I fucked up there.

Hey anons roommate gave me a n3ds preinstalled with a9lh luma on 11.2. I wanted to do the hacks myself to learn but the faggot insisted and just did it while I was at work.

What can I do with this n3ds now? Can I still use homebrew on it? Is even needed still ?

Because you're using menuhax, which is pretty much the ONLY of ALL that bugs like that.

When trying to do the 9.2 downgrade I get the soft brick every time, which makes me do the 11.2 update, then NFIRM downgrade again. I've tried it with oot3dhax and steelhax. Any ideas on getting the downgrade to work properly?

Did someone made 4swordshax work with waithax?
could you mind sharing your 3ds folder?
did it 2 times and didnĀ“t worked

The DSiWare is probably fucking it up, which is a bit of a catch22.

you format

>menuhax
I'm getting sick of people saying this. What do you suggest? I followed the old 3DS guide and got the homebrew launcher on a black friday 3DS.

Did you get a partial, or are you about to do 9.2?

>Because you're using menuhax
>I'm getting sick of people saying this. What do you suggest?
fucking remove menuhax you idiot

>inb4 w-wah you guys are mean!

Oothax worked well for me. Not expensive, not hard to find. The downside being you either need another hacked system or powersaves. Maybe you can install oothax with sploit_installer if menuhax allows for that though, who knows.

I believe i got a partial, i went away and i saw an error when i came back. i tried to rerun freakyhax but i get an error when trying to launch it.

>have new 3ds xl
>attempt to put screen protectors on top and bottom screens
>air bubbles, dust/random shit under every fucking time
Reeeeeee how the fuck do you properly apply this shit?

>3DS
>Screen protectors
If you aren't an ape the screens shouldn't be getting scratched or broken.

You're the dumbest idiot I've seen attempt a downgrade.

>not updating the OP
literally why

It's not for scratches, it's to avoid dust and shit that force me to wipe them off which smears the screen slightly. yet it ends up trapping odd amounts of dust under it instead.

why don't you do it cool guy? huh?

Remove menuhax and put what? What else works on a 11.0 3DS besides the browserhax I used?

Don't have a second 3DS.

Partial means you can now use browserhax to continue the downgrade.
If you still want to use Freakyhax, you'll need to change it to work with 9.2

sometimes, it's the stylus that scratches the screen even though you're using them normally. only the finest from Nintendo.

have you tried deleting menuhax to see if you can go back to the menu w/o rebooting?

you could also use fiddler4 to delay the connection, and access browserhax to install ctrhttpwn

I used the screen protectors from Xtremeguard for the 3DS models I have and did a wet application by mixing a drop or two of dish soap into a bowl of water. I got my hands wet with the soapy water, wet the screen protector with the soapy water, and applied it carefully. With it being wet, you get multiple "attempts" to get it right and adjusted. After it dried, there were no bubbles and it still looks clean to this day as if there is no screen protector on it at all.

If you order from the website, google a promotional code since you can get 85% to 95% off their shit there. Don't get the dry install kit though.

And yet still a useless post. Very little works for 11.0 and no one has given an alternative that doesn't involve soldering or a second 3DS.

>deleting menuhax
Of the sd card? It does nothing.

>This will hang if these are not accessible
so is it safe to turn off my 3ds without fucking it up? Or is this the message that displays during the long process?

I dont have access to browser hax so i assume i finished the downgrade, how do i make freakyhax work with 9.2? change the otherapp payload?

>Of the sd card? It does nothing.
No.

You need to change the theme for menuhax to go away completely

New t this, where can I get some cias of games that aren't on freeshop

Hey guys, a little question.
I was planning to finish hacking my 3ds now that i have the time (i've finished half steps more or less, been waiting holidays to finish it and play some games)
However, with sun/moon out, i've gotten the pokemon fever and want to play with some friends. But with my 3ds hacked will i be able to play legally? (planning to buy the game)

Someone suggested this a few threads ago. Doesn't work.

On my old DSi XL the silicon tip of my stylus was uneven and scratched the everloving shit out of the poor screen.
On the 3DS XL, 2 (two) days after getting it I got a scratch from a particle of dust stuck between the stylus and screen.
Never fucking again, always get a screen protector if you're gonna use a stylus.

yes. Just dont be a retard when injecting and use ctrhttpwn if your firmware is below the required to be online

>That feel when both screens on my BFN3DS are TN.

Fucking Nintendo. I should have known.

>tfw top TN and bottom ips
I don't see why they even make ds's with both. Makes no fucking sense.

>any
Not really.

Yeah, change the payload to suit 9.2
If it's a partial you won't be able to go any further in the guide, so if you get stuck in the next step, just run the downgrade as many times as needed.

Didn't think about doing other friend's systems (I guess cause it takes a week to do another one).

>Last reason to hold on to it is if you're main N3DS ever gets banned (which it shouldn't unless you did something stupid, and I do mean stupid). You can use the localfriendseed thing from the 2DS to unban the N3DS if you ever reach that point, which again, you shouldn't.
This is the reason I actually opted to format the 2DS (so that the NNID wouldn't be linked to 2 systems at the same time). Since I main the N3DS now, I can probably just reinject FBI and it'd be good.

>Really wanna homebrew and downgrade my 11.1 o3DS
>Don't have any of the games required

s-sorry senpai...

will you forgive me?

gbatemp.net/threads/downgrading-11-0-11-1-3dss-without-dsiwarehax-is-possible.452798/

I ran the dsiwareinstaller, and now broswerhax isn't working on my N3DS. It says "could not load video"

nevermind, I fucked up my proxy settings. It's all good.

Thanks user!

does oot3d+powersaves still work on o3ds 11.2?

oothax doesn't work on 11.0+

I can't access 3ds.guide on my old ass laptop which is unfortunately all I have right now. It says the site can't provide a secure connection. I can get to the site on my phone, but that doesn't help me download the files needed. Anyone know a solution to problem a or problem b?

thanks senpai it worked and saved me a lot of stress, i got into decrypt9 just now and im making the backup as we speak.

trying to install BootNTR, have o3ds al9h and luma, 11.2, any tips/guides?

What is the bare minimum stuff I need to reinject FBI on an a9lh 2ds? (SD card is also formatted)

yes
been working since awhile ago

Find these steps on the 3ds guide.

>PS4
-4.0 patches the 3.55 exploit, DO NOT UPDATE

What's the easiest way to play pirated Wii games on my Wii U now?

vWii homebrew + USB Loader GX

will I need to install steelhax for this to work?

Thank you very much user, got it working

on
Kernel version: 2.50-11
FIRM version: 2.50-11
what do i do now

Welp, it really bitters me a bit that everyone is managing to make 4swordshax work with the very same files as me.

I believe now you use steelhax to run the downgrader. Is that right?

Threw away my screen protector. Fuck it, too much debris and shit stuck to it i'll check for a new pack later.

Any screen cleaner that's safe to use with 3ds? for future dust accumulation and smudging?

>using freeshop to download 3 games
>failed to finalize content install
>failed to finalize TMD
>failed to finalize TMD
What does this mean? I'm a literal retard, and don't know what to do now.

>Any screen cleaner that's safe to use with 3ds? for future dust accumulation and smudging?
glass cleaner and a paper towel

I use rubbing alcohol then wipe with a microfiber cloth

So my glasses cleaner + cloth would work I assume? Wasn't sure if the ds would be damaged by normal cleaners somehow.

It won't. Just get a big car microfiber cloth, you can wipe it clean easily and only have to use cleaner once in a blue moon when it gets too dirty. No, that cheap cloth you got with your lenses won't work.

7.1.0-16u 3ds fully hackable?

I just got into the shop on 11.0 without an update warning. I panicked, closed out, checked my version (still 11.0), then went back into the shop and it is giving me the message to update. Fuck.

Follow the guide
Kristen's a qt top tier.

you *have* to use steelhax?
would browserhax work?

go fuck yourself you fucking retard, is it fully hackable or not?

no

gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-vwii-hacking-guide.425852/

good news is you can skip the game specific exploits and use wuphax to inject the wii hbl installer via wiiu homebrew

theres some interest in figuring out how to inject wii iso's into the wiivc eshop titles, which would also allow gamepad control instead of the classic controller, so check back in a few months for that

Retard here, so am I pretty much fucked if I want to hack my 3DSXL 11.0 without wifi?

I think this general is pointless. No one is helpful at all.