How fucking retarded is this guy

Title

100% of 0 =

/thread

He said it was 5 figures. Still a fag, though.

Cringe. Tesla is the most obvious meme-investment of all time. Go walk down the street, ask a millennial what company to invest in and literally 100% of the time they say: Tesla. Don't believe me? Post a status on facebook, ask people what company would be good to invest in. I will give you $1000 if someone DOESN'T chime in with "DUDE Tesla BRO Elon musk bro it's so futuristic! Dude that company is gonna rape!". Seriously go on facebook rn and post the results.

Iv made over 30k the last 60 months buying tesla and SCTY dips and I have the proof if that's what you need, I find it hilarious you're bashing on this guy without a reason.

And for the record even if I had to id long hold on tesla.

>pic related just one trade a few days ago, 800$+

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked.

Ironically, it's this hivemind logic that keeps driving up the price. A majority of investors are trend-seeking fucksticks. Do you not see the never ending cycle of shitty ideas and inflated prices this creates?

Trips truth.

100% of net worth? Either he owns nothing or he sold his house and car and PC along with phone and all his clothing and jewelery and put that in Tesla. This guy is either an idiot or he is an idiot

I would do the same.
Elon is a cool guy.

Been doing the same thing with Ford.

It's literally free money.

Here's a thought though, and I reckon this is what Elon Musk stays up awake at night dreaming of: that the hype will become so hyperbolic that it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.

We all know the second that GMC, Toyota etc. get into the EV game it's all over for Tesla, they'll have to move into the luxury category, but if this hype machine continues for a few more years people will buy the cars just because of the meme-hype even if it costs the same as a Ferrari. That might be enough to keep them in the black for decades.

Or, you know, they could just get viciously undercut by the big car manufacturers who will flood the market with EV cars, even if it's at a loss

And yet, none of them have. There are non-Tesla electric cars on the market that are garbage. Tesla is close to releasing middle-income car and probably in the next decade will release a car that Mommy and Daddy America would be happy to buy for their new high-school driver.

Keep them in the black? They make money?

What was your principal sum?
Because it's highly speculative. Maybe he'll make money, maybe he won't. But from this moment Tesla is a horrendously overpriced stock. It's tits high in debt. Every dollar you pay is you have 5 cents of assets backing it. It has no P/E ratio because it hasn't turned a profit including repayments of loans, general and administrative costs. And every one touting Tesla as the car company of the future forgets every other major car company has working EVs. GM, Volkswagen, Toyota all have EVs. Some years before Tesla.

Toyota has had working EVs since the late nineties.
That's interesting because currently a Tesla costs as much as a low end ferrari.

That's because they're letting Tesla do all the ground work promoting it as a consumer acceptable and visible concept, I assume.

>Tesla is close
Don't use Tesla and future tense sentences with me. I only want to know what they're doing now.

See above. They didn't market them well enough.

>They make money?
yes. That's what I meant.
As opposed to "in the red" which is a financial loss.

The only thing especially notable about Tesla that might actually give them a real business is that they are furthest into providing a real fully driverless car.

Their self-drive feature is dangerously premature but thanks to Elon's aggressively acute autism he is moving it forward anyway.

I think it will work out for Tesla, and if they are now partnered with Uber, then you can imagine that Tesla will own the driverless car market which for them could pay off big time.

That said, car companies are often a terrible investment because they go bust so often, and Tesla is the riskiest one of them all. Fingers are likely to get burnt.

Thats one of the biggest mistakes people make.
Because they don't like the product, they make the assumption that the company is a poor investment.

Same reason people buy Tesla, CocaCola, and Apple actually.

Bitcoin Address 1FfmbHfnpaZjKFvyi1okTjJJusN455paPH

say what you will about Tesla and Musk, but the one thing they've done that I really like is making it so you buy directly from the factory at a set price instead of having to fucking haggle with a dealer like you're in some middle eastern bazaar.

>That's interesting because currently a Tesla costs as much as a low end ferrari.
Base Model S starts at 60k, vs 180k "low-end" Ferrari.

>Don't use Tesla and future tense sentences with me.
>Original argument was about future EV cars coming from bigger manufacturers putting Tesla under
>Model 3, coming 2017. 35k base.

Didn't Tesla just have their first profitable ER or was I misinformed?

Wait, you're supposed to haggle with car dealers?

fuck

Can someone elaborate how you're supposed to do this at car dealers?

Do you negotiate a few grand off the "sticker price"? what if you order a car from the factory built a certain way? are you obligated to pay to entire sticker price or is that negotiable?

By suspending discretionary spending they allegedly turned a profit.

>>Original argument was about future EV cars coming from bigger manufacturers putting Tesla under
>>Model 3, coming 2017. 35k base.
I fail to see the contradiction there. If it's a battle for survival they will undercut Tesla in volume AND price and wear the debt.

Tesla doesn't have the volume-capacity or the capital to do that.

besides, until this 35k car comes out it's just as speculative as mine, the difference is that Ford has existed for 100 years, Toyota for like 50... Tesla is what? 15 years old.

Excuse me for having a little more faith in the car manufacturers with longer histories and larger production capacities than Elon Memesk's overhyped startup.

Besides, one quarter ONE QUARTER of profit does not a successful business make.

DON'T MENTION TESLA IN THE FUTURE TENSE. I WANT PROVEN TRACK RECORD.

They lose $2B a year. You have a funny definition of "profitable." With GAAP you can move money around to make it look like you had positive "earnings" in ang given quarter.

This. Hate when the Musk cult defend the obviously struggling business that is Tesla with "but we profited this quarter!"

it should work out i think but it will be a couple of years.

might be the best short of my lifetime soon enough, maybe even better than shorting BTC 8)

mfw hype is already priced in

you'll be lucky to get $500 off

there is very little margin/wiggle room to negotiate on cars. Dealerships don't make a lot of money from the sale of a car. Every fool knows to blue/blackbook/edmunds the market value and has a phone in their pocket- they make money lowballing trade-ins and getting cars for cheap/at auction.

The financing is a totally different story

i seem to recall the idiots in the robinhood threads SHILLING THE FUCK OUT OF MGT

how did that turn out for them?

>user: invest in this stock fellow anons!
>me: um what do they make? do they have any contracts? whats their assets?
>everyone: REEEEEEEEE! GET OUT!

Mkay, what stock is not ridiculously overpriced and has proper assets backing it? Stocks have more to do with hype over a company rather then represent a share in the company, they are speculative af. Also, its main worth is because they hyped it so much and you have reddit and so froth shilling for it 24/7/365 to the point that it creates a religious movement. And this is why its a good stock to invest in during a dip and then sell, but not hold.