/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>cold weather edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:
>user's Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=c7G0FgmQhz4
youtube.com/watch?v=uzZBH-mh2AU

>weird oil light flicker, can anyone guess what it is?
youtube.com/watch?v=FgzEvlGC55g&feature=youtu.be

>Why the automatic civic died
youtu.be/JtE4eOYZVPk

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk9SJHcN8qs
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5898046884.html
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5877240285.html
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5845507916.html
youtube.com/watch?v=E9RnC03XK9Y
raleigh.craigslist.org/snw/5875759281.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dyEYaN6Y_FM
youtube.com/watch?v=Nbmb-m8JCMg
youtube.com/watch?v=rftW0C9lEJY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Forgot to update the edition. It was supposed to be
>little honda edition

Also, don't forget to join the collage!

>no the little d series that could edition

D series best single jingle.

Doing a double shift today. Tips are so damn good. One gave me 23 bucks.

I can't see shit at all from the video. Is the oil pressure light supposed to be flickering on and off?

Oil pressure light literally is just a ground. So if the wire is frayed and touches ground it'll light up

>Not doing burnouts in your D series shitbox

Blog: Working on orange CRX that I got yesterday for 300 bux. Even though it was fine yesterday, today was no start. Probably because the PO did shit wiring and it's wet out today. In retaliation, (rather than fucking around with garbage) I tore the entire fucking dash out and went to town on the wiring. Took out a bunch that went to a security system. Gunna verify everything and improve his shitty swap. I have 95% of the missing interior staged in the basement so it'll be a complete car. Put other CRX in storage for winter.

>tfw she give your D the SOHC

>implying my tires dont do burnouts even when im not trying to
Chinese tires never again.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gk9SJHcN8qs

Great, now I'll never buy one of these overpriced fucks.

6k on craigs list near me but... i dont know how to bike. think ill buy a grom then the moto compo. form an army of tiny bikes then
get kamen rider biking suit

went and saw this oh god it was such a POS,

>seller accidentally left the driver side window down so the seat was damp as fuck
>difficult to get into 2nd gear
>hatch doesnt open
>rustier than it looks in the ad

I think I'm going to stick to getting a Jeep, CRV, or Outback.

If I were to get one I'd want the Honda City to carry it in too.

Yeah that's mint condition Grom money.

what do you lads think about these

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5898046884.html
newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/5877240285.html
hartford.craigslist.org/cto/5845507916.html

big choon innit

youtube.com/watch?v=E9RnC03XK9Y

Motocompo finna go up in price now. Go get yourself a Z50.

I DD a third gen Outback, it's good. Cheaply made that'll last forever. That is of course the 4EAT doesn't shit the bed.

CRV and especially a five speed would also be good.

Get a fucking XJ or a Comanche.

Two Groms

The 2008 Civic is probably the better one of the three.

If only the EJ20R would work in this fucker.

school me on preludes /hg/

>4EAT
im onnly looking at manual transmission outbacks so really my only concern are the headgaskets

can buy baseline grom for 3k new at places i go to. used its more than new because mods.
nice bike some boomer is selling a bunch of 70s xr bikes for less than 1k for once
>see this ad while checking price
raleigh.craigslist.org/snw/5875759281.html
incidentally the bike listings shot up a lot since i last checked. now much lower prices too.

slow big heavy comfy as fuck though

They're shit, stay away from them.

Good. From the dealer note my Outback has, it's recommended every 150k from factory, which is what my Grandma did when she owned the one I have.

m8 if someone gets used to oils sleeves it not an issue.

Noticed something about my car today. It stopped backfiring when decelerating. Must have been the old head gasket causing it all this time. If so that gasket was bad for a long ass time.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Compression backfire?

Yeah I did notice it do it more and more the more I drove it and now I can't make it happen anymore. Kinda miss it but I'm trashing this exhaust anyway.

You should cut it at the cat for the final month lol

Was you head warped at all?

Didn't look like it but my uncle took a wire wheel to the head surface to clean it up.

ill get to fully opening the head one of these days on my d17 again once my finals are done. i really need to clean it, though im not really sure what im doing. any ideas?

Well, if it's got that typical D17 shit, the head is probably stuck hard onto the block.

Easy though, don't need that many tools for it. Should all come apart easy if it was maintained, however you'll need new hardware to put it back together.

Good. Engine hasn't been that thrashed yet lol

Post stock ass cams

it wasent hard the first time we opened it but i wasent alone doing it that time. also what do you mean by hardware?

Rod bolts, head bolts (best replaced), bearings, etc.

Might as well hot tank it, deck it, hone and regasket the entire thing as well. Rebuilding a D series costs around 500-700 bucks.

The fuck is an ass cam?

it doesnt really need rebuilt just cleaned. we didnt clean it when we opened it the first time to check its condition, which was years back. figure i probably should clean it.

ones you stick in bum like keys m8.

Colonoscopy

Take it to a machine shop that knows what they're doing, have them remove the galley plugs and then have them hot tank it.

If an engine is taken apart, probably best to rebuild it. When bolts are torqued, their threads are stretched. The non chicken shit way is replacing anything that had torque on it.

verv you fuck go back to /pol/

Yeah I'm impressed at how it looked inside. That Mobil 1 Extended synthetic oil is no joke.

Timing belt and tensioner both looked great too but I swapped them anyway.

Only issue is we had to guess the head bolt torque. There were various amounts of torque levels for various D series engine but mine wasn't listed nor could I find it online. Ended up just doing D16Z6 torque because the parts I bought were for that anyway.

Mobil 1 isn't much of a meme oil, I've used in every Nissan I've owned. Been running Royal Purple in my Integra for a bit now since It has been and will continue to sit for awhile. Not entirely sure why full synthetic doesn't piss out the front main like conventional and synthetic blend. I was always told pure crude is what doesn't piss out every opening, however it's been opposite for everything I've owned.

You're in luck, a D16A is a D16Z6. A D16Y5/7/8 is also the same. So is the later ZC.

would that explain the tiniest leak at my valve cover?
a1 and a2 d17 heads are almost the exact same as well.

Then what would be better, an Integra? I kind of like the big slow comfy GT vibe of the prelude honestly

From the gasket or a bolt?

Bad oring on the bolt is a common D series thing.

I'm a bit crazy and have taking the 15k OCI literally. Though I got a fresh change in my back seat. I'll put it in when I do the exhaust.

S13 it is then.

Nigga I would be dragging my nuts through glass if I didn't change mine in the short ass interval I do it. Either 2k or three-five months. It's not necessary at all, however it does keep the engine clean as shit.

That and I have to top the fucker off every five hundred miles.

accord coupe. handles the same.
replaced some of the o rings a year or two back. also replaced the leaking side head cap o ring or what ever the fuck pic related was called

>Accord
>the same
Whoa there

The stock cam end plug always leaks. Fix that by buying a billet plug off of Ebay.

>s13
at that point he really would be better off with the lewd.

I loved the JACCS Accord track car. (I think thats what is called) dude had massive calipers and rotors. Lol

Nissans are everywhere in Florida.

>s13

that isn't a honda car

>S13
>Not a Honda
Retard

I drive so much I'd go broke trying to keep up with changes so I remedy that by using real good oil. I barely burn any if i still do. The remainder of my five quart bottle covers any oil loss. I still have plenty left in that bottle. Kek

same handling and size for 3erd and 4th gen lewds to 6th and 8th accord coupes. also im not talking about the v6 accord coupes. also already changed it so its not really and issue for that. not sure why its leaking still though at the bolts.
>live in nc.
>no 200sx or 240sx anywhere
>only ones we get we rebuild from florida and cali that were auto or had blown head
>replace with d series honda engine or an engine from a cavalier or a cobalt.
ive seen some shit man. also s13s we get are more thrashed than meximaros/teggies

I dont understand

well from my experience with nissan guys from the east coast its more popular to to jam a chebby or hondur engine in you 240 than use the stock engine or even tune the stock engine.

Oil doesn't necessarily go bad either, it just gets contaminated. If you drive 7500 miles in two months and it's still clean then it's not bad.

Heat and prolonged use does thin oil, however.

>Third gen =/= Fourth gen Prelude
>Prelude =/= Accord
Chassis is different, third gen Accord and Prelude suspension is similar in the front. Third is the smallest of those four.

Anything past 2001 was made completely different than the decade prior. Not entirely similar.

>>>replace with d series honda engine or an engine from a cavalier or a cobalt.
what

Nigga

stock s13s are rare in nc.
also very slow. slower than a lewd and less reliable.

>you will never ride around your neighborhood with a motocompo

Manual CRV

All have too many miles for their year

Never fucking change post 2014 /hg/

The KA24E/DE can take an ass pounding. Cam angle sensors is the only thing I'd consider to be a major flaw with Nissan, however it's no different than a diz going bad.

All about maintenance history. New England hates cars, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had to be maintained to stay on the road.

also there were very little 240sx sold in the entire state when they were new so there isnt many here still. the people that buy busted ones rebuild them with completely different shit for absurd prices that would make a restorer puke. engine for 240s and 200 sx are non existant in the state as well. college campus is weird. i still dont get the cavalier swap though nigga paid to have all of it done too. old nissans were brought in this state, not many were bought new here before 2002.

Yeah I keep a close eye on it. I'm mainly just testing the 15k mile guarantee. It looked pretty good under the valve cover.

I see an unmolested Onevia in my town. The rest are members of the New Orleans drift club called NODrft. That's fun to watch though.

There was a damn Cobalt sedan at the drag strip at IFO. Was pretty good and had the loudest backfire out of all the cars. Was like a damn gun firing.

Hi Justin

Get a manual accord coupe instead

Damn good thing you didn't JUST your engine

Don't have a pic of mine because I haven't had the need to open it up. Hg replaced, running belt replaced by po and no timing issues.

Yeah it's crazy. It's running better than ever now aside from my lack of vtak that I haven't figured out yet. Not a big deal though.

ive only seen 2 240s and one 200sx.
one of the 240s had anime stickers all over it and keeps getting stolen guy cant afford the issuance on it anymore its more than the crx which is like insuring a c5 corvette with the same miles. it kind of sad really. hell ive seen more super cars than 90s nissans irl. hell just today i got stuck behind a mother fucking testerossa going 25 in a 45 getting to class. dont even get me started with the p1 line at some hockey games. also what the fuck is a onevia?
cobalts are actually pretty good for chebbys there is a reason they are on the used car buying guide.
hope your vtec solenoid aint shitted itself.

180sx front end on a S13. Giving it pop up lights.

I gave the solenoid direct power to my battery and it does still work. Might be an ECU thing.

Would be cool to have a vtak button for on demand wahhhhh.

>vtec button
thats basically the thing with cvt hondas now.

Would be cool to wire it to my horn button which doesn't work anyway. I rather it work normally though.

>first day I got to drive
>officially fastest driver in my store
>thought I was a badass til I did a ride along
>guy drives manual, fuck yeah I think
>dumps the clutch at every possible interval
>can hear him riding clutch at low speed in first gear just barely keeping the car from stalling in neighborhoods
>downshifts surprisingly well
>loves to slam on the gas and slam on the brakes in quick succession
Holy shit I thought I was bad when I started, and this fucker's a grown man and has owned his car for years

Some people are just crazy. I've had some crazy co-workers. A lot of them don't last long.

i'm looking at the new civics, how much of this video

youtube.com/watch?v=dyEYaN6Y_FM

apply to the turbo in the 2016+ civics?

Makes me wonder how he would've reacted if you pointed it out

The last one doesn't apply necessarily. It depends on the driver.

I mean he's a legit good fucking worker in every other regard. Like he has the "I'll bend over and kiss your ass for a tip" mentality but manages to come off as genuinely friendly and funny instead of forced. He just drives like a literal hooligan.

Yeah man my buddy who got me the job was talking about how they sometimes switch cars and after that I was like "noooooope" mentally

I'm the only manual driver in the whole crew. Kinda sucks. Whenever I'm working I just take it easy and cruise. I still pull off more deliveries than the rest of them.

well, im a bad driver. so i'll stay away from the turbo, i'm looking to have a long lasting engine

thanks

just copped an 89 hatch and i want to install a new cluster, and headunit. how?

Do you want an OEM cluster or swap in something from another car?

Here's a picture of a custom job I did. So if you have some questions about that I can probably help.

Headunit is pretty much just like legos. If you can do simple electronics stuff you're good to go. My girlfriend who is not in the least bit skilled as far as that stuff goes was able to replace her speakers and head unit by herself.

youtube.com/watch?v=Nbmb-m8JCMg

I want to buy a Fit just to tune it to handle in all it's kei car glory.

is that the s2k gauge?

how do you put a digital gauge from another car into an older one? i don't understand how it "translates" speed.

So VSS works using something called a "hall effect sensor". Basically, there's a little gear that is spun by the transmission, and attached to that gear is a magnet. There's a sensor that is sensitive to magnets, and anytime it sees the magnet, it makes a pulse. (The wire is normally 5v and gets temporarily grounded when the magnet is near)

More pulses = faster speed.

The S2k cluster has a certain rate per MPH ratio. And so does the B series tranny in that car. So I made a little converter using an arduino and it just increases the pulses proportionally so that the cluster tells the correct value.

Now, in older cable driven speedometers it's a little different. There's a gear in there and a little reed switch. That reed switch opens and closes and creates pulses (similar to the hall effect sensors above).

All you'd need to do is take that pulse and route it to your ECU/cluster (if cluster is digital)

Does that make sense? I can explain specific parts if it doesn't.

What did he mean by driving hard? As in racing it down the street then turning the engine off immediately?

>talk to guy with em1 si
>He tells me engine isnt stock and he bought it at drag strip
>Its an f20
Idk what ive just seen.

Sort of get

>driving meme car

finally sanded my fucked up headlights

OEM forsure

Pretty easy if just swapping with the same one. Just gotta pop your dash bezel off and unscrew the cluster from the dash and plug in the new one. If you want to keep the miles accurate then you can move the mileage counter to the new one too.

Just get a manual 2015 civic. If you don't want a manual, I recommend a corolla

Going wide open throttle.
You're supposed to let it idle a couple minutes or be more gentle when you're about 5 min from parking your car.

Kek he sounds like a cool guy

Ordered my shifter bits at the dealer. Hopefully they show up tomorrow so I can get my exhaust and shifter fixed all at once. After that it's tires because I'm in danger of something busting. I'll probably just install my extra tire i got in the closet while I get the money for a set.

What do you think of Honda Jazz/Fit

Would you recommend the new ones? or should I look into getting one of the older ones.

Is it possible to make them a bit more of a fun daily driver?

also are the new automatics supposed to be good cos it looks like only the cheapest base model comes in manual

They look super practical. Though with the Civic finally in hatch form again I think I'd sooner get that in manual.

youtube.com/watch?v=rftW0C9lEJY

Fits are always good. Older ones always have more aftermarket upgrade parts.

Well got the CL home and put a new battery in it and it started right up.