Why is ETH down ?

I was wondering what is happening this dayz with ETH. Didn't follow the last news about the blockchain, can someone explain why is it going down so fast, and so down ?

Other urls found in this thread:

themerkle.com/venezuela-set-for-mass-bitcoin-adoption-as-china-cuts-off-cash-flow/
cryptocoinsnews.com/ethereum-prepares-spurious-dragon-hardfork/
blog.kraken.com/post/153305607742/bitcoin-vs-etherwho-won-find-out
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But for an explanation

Bump•

There is going to be an other fork.
We will haver:
>Ethereum
Ethereum Classic
>Ethereum Dradonfire

It is goin to be fucked up

When ? how do you know?

And when exactly was the last fork ?

Actually op look at it this way, ETH is holding.

Right now some bumfuck country is using bitcoin as a way to sustain their economy because otherwise they would have completely tanked by now. So thanks to them bitcoin is in the spotlight at the moment.

Just be patient Ethereum is the Facebook to bitcoins myspace it will rise to 100 and beyond. Not today, not tomorrow but it will happen.

Sounds like a /b/ prediction bro, no offense. which country ? I'm not that worried, but still been so far into ETH that i'm concerned. I was a miner and bought 1k when was 13$

Not true at all the backers said they will support the fork with the most mining and the other will dry up and turn to dust.

you mean one of the fork is going to disapear? Like ETH, or ETC, or the new one coming?

badabing:
themerkle.com/venezuela-set-for-mass-bitcoin-adoption-as-china-cuts-off-cash-flow/

But I admit the hacker incident fucked up ETH quite a bit and who is to say it wont cause yet another split.

They have offered ETC backers a 1.5x trade in value to ETH to get them to fuck off of it, but with the new fork they said backers are just going to go with which ever one is stronger.

In other words they learned from the last fork how to kill the new one off.

Ok I get he mecanism, but not the result, which fork gonna die ?

The for the link.

So we can't realy know about ETH, hope ETH holders won't get fucked up. Just hit 20$ would be great

Im guessing the new fork because most hashers (the people who are mining it) voted for the fork. Although it looks like it might have been a rigged voting poll anyway but they will still go for it regardless.

This however compromises the principles of this entire coin or at least the debate about it is. Basically this coin was going to make "code the law" but now they are going back and rewinding the code so that the hacking never took place essentially saying that "hey we could control this later on or someone else could if we wanted to" so to some this coin looks corrupt.

Still though if this coin takes off its going to beat bitcoin. Not do good nor great but amazing. Im guessing a 2017 smash will happen.

Hum. Hope you're right, but realy seems like crystal ball prediction you know. But realy hope you right

That is because of the difficulty bomb that is programmed in the code.
They want to go to Casper POS but we all saw what happend with the DAO hardfork.

TLDR; People dumping ETH because of hardfork

So we can say ETH is getting down this days because of the furtur hard fork ? But you still think is going to raise again ? I thought the price was on people : if they panic sell 'cause of the next fork, I was thinking it would just go for a bad catch 22

The thing is, ETH is much easier to work with than BitCoin and history has shown that convenience and simplicity trumps almost everything else when it comes to the masses. Right now I feel like this fork is rocky for them and its causing internal debate but they made it through the last fork so again not any time soon will it go up but I think it will go up sometime in 2017.

Yeah, convenience and simplicity trumps, but crypto and coins in general (btc, eth, etc, doge coin etc) are not know by the public. Bitcoin is maybe the most famous, isn't a good reason why people would go for it and not for something unknown like ETH, whiches belong in something unknown : crypto ?

>he fell for the ethereum meme
I have been telling you niggers for at least a month to abandon that sinking ship

... can someone explain forks to a retard like me?

>if this coin takes off its going to beat bitcoin

it's when you improve the code of the blockchain, add new functionalities and technology. See it as if you are updrading your OS, from Windows 7 to Windows 8 or something like that.
The problem is Ethcucks started doing it for political reasons, after the DAO was hacked and Ethereum developers lost money. So they became a fucking central bank, which goes against everything crypto stands for, and they bailed themselves out (and of course the other people who had lost money, but they don't really give a shit about them). A blockchain where a group of people at the top can arbitrarily decide to turn transactions back in time and undo them is not a blockchain anymore, it's a damn bank database. So what's the point of Ethereum existing? Zero. Only hype for shitty products that use Ethereum as gas but that have zero future, as shown by the fact almost all Ethereum-based coins dump like a motherfucker as soon as they hit exchanges.

Sounds bad for me

I'd say it still trending, at least if I judge by hashing power that nicehash is providing for daggerhashimoto 206.0734 GH/s at the moment.

So anyone can make a fork by adding code and thus making a new coin based off of the original?

you can make a clone of any coin, yes, but if you just copy another coin nobody will bother buying it because they won't see any worth in it (usually).
Also it would be a different blockchain, with its own history and transactions. If you make a clone, from the beginning. If you make a fork, from the moment of the fork going forward in time

Yeah just let the hacker steal millions of dollars because of a bug in the dao

What are you gonna do next?
Tell tyrone that he can keep the money he robbed from you?

"I invested into something i don't understand because Veeky Forums told me to" the thread

Thanks for giving your opinion bro. It means a lot like everyone's opinion

Memers lose a lot of credibility in my opinion, ive never seen professional traders behave that way. Negated your posts. Sorry user.

Real people steal from real banks but nobody at the bank erases that robbery it happened its real and that money is somewhere else. But with this they have the power to erase and add money at will.

Not really that much different than banks now but people were stupid enough to believe it really was the perfect solution and then their dreams are crushed by reality and now they realize its just another manipulable currency.

Anyway you wont have much luck with them right now because all cryptocoins are currently under the rule of lord bitcoin and recently he has declared that he go up in price, and so naturally anyone who already owns alt coins would want to go where the money is...

Now is a perfect time to buy alt coins. When Bitcoin stops going up, and maybe even goes down a bit people will flock back to other coins again.

Buy when they sell yadda yadda etc.

fuck shitcoins and faggots who hype them.

indeed but the money is going to be good.

>Memers lose a lot of credibility in my opinion, ive never seen professional traders behave that way. Negated your posts. Sorry user.
you are a complete retard. Bitcoin will always be the digital gold. But the most retarded thing you said is that Ethereum has the potential to do well. Nigger the bubble has already popped. It's losing millions of dollars of marketcap literally every day, are you fucking blind? kys

>Tell tyrone that he can keep the money he robbed from you?
Tyrone is not smart enough to hack a blockchain.
The hacker was smart, but he was able to exploit the code because the code was shit. Cryptocurrencies actually have to deal with incompetence and competition. Your product is shit? Tough luck, you're out of business. So what if people lose money? This is an unregulated financial market, if you invest in it you should be aware it's a high-risk and highly volatile market. If you want safety go invest in some index funds or other cuck shit, nobody is stopping you

In case anyone was wondering, none of this is true, there's not going to be any hardfork.

Bitcoin is up, so alts are down.

Ethereum is a big fat mess

Nvm, I'm retarded. my bad senpai

cryptocoinsnews.com/ethereum-prepares-spurious-dragon-hardfork/

ETH is going to get hammered in the next couple of months.
>Expect a sub $5 price at best.

ETH ETC there are going to be couple of hardforks so we can expect multiple of Etherchains.
Miningpower will get drained, look at ETC and recently ZEC that took away ETH miningpower.
>Just think about that!

Bitcoin is up, so alts are down.
ETH no hardfork
Waves not a scam
>Go live under a rock.

Ethereum is an experiment and far more risky than Bitcoin.
Risk Profit Ratio is not worth it.
>Best to buy BITCOIN en keep it!

This guy is on spot.
Do what you want to do but Ethereum will go down that is a fact!

Fucking "waveman" shill at it again
Meanwhile waves down -13.45% since his desperate pumping its embarrassing, you should honestly kill yourself which would make Veeky Forums at least 10% less shittposting

Why is Coinbase & Microsoft shilling ETH?

No other altcoin out there has had the luxury of being shilled by multi million dollar companies.

Veeky Forums told me to bet on trump and I made a nice $1000 bucks in total, faggot

Should I buy ETH or not
I want to buy my tiny apartment and it's hard to say who is shilling who in here

>if you just copy another coin nobody will bother buying it because they won't see any worth in it

unless you put "POT" in front of it

if what people are saying about it having something of a centralised control is true, then there might be some serious interest from banks etc. i've seen articles about how banks are researching blockchains, no doubt they'd gravitate to something that still let them have a degree of control over what goes on

is it "selling out"? yes. but sellouts drive ferraris

Bitcoin is the best investment to argument about it

ETH is fluctuating based on its price in bitcoin, if you look at the ETH/USD cost it's been pretty steady.

ZEC is on a slow slope down because it is a shit currency that no one actually uses and eventually when ETH becomes more profitable to mine, all the miners will shift back.

If we keep forking ETH, will it die?

>it will rise to 100 and beyond

Insolent baboon.

It is not possible to accurately quantify the future, especially the far future.

This is a random guess, which holds no value and should not be acted upon.

Ethereum is the DAO

You must be 18+ to post on this board, you know?

I'll just leave this here

blog.kraken.com/post/153305607742/bitcoin-vs-etherwho-won-find-out

Some entries shows a total ignorance of blockchain technology but what is to expect from greedy jews? They see money

Simple fact is that ETH has been pure hype. It has no use beyond providing a platform for other things. And not one single one has materialized.

Plus BTC up/Alts down.

Expect Waves to steal ETH market share after BTC comes down, if for no other reason than speculation.