Why do early middle ages (dark ages for libtards) are underrated as fuck...

Why do early middle ages (dark ages for libtards) are underrated as fuck? It is the most interesant period in the history, even more than the victorian era
>Barbarians destroyed the western roman empire
>Then adopted roman culture and religion
>Emperor Justinian I conquered heretic barbarians
>Christianity on the rise
>Islamic golden age
>King Pelagius leaded the christian rebellion in hispania
>Emperor Charlemagne killed those fucking saxons
And even more...

Because it's the no man's land between Classicists and Medievalists. The former usually find the Latin sources of the era uninteresting, stilted, or depressing, and the latter don't know Greek or Arabic more often than not so they're left with a limited selection of source material.

Because modern folks are slaves to the concept of the nation-state, which wasn't a solid feature of the early middle ages.

I really enjoy that era, the Huns proof once more how cav is superior.

I honestly know hardly anything about it, I know it started with the fall of Rome, but what is considered the end of the dark ages?

It's very interesting cause it really marks the origins of Europe as it is now, but it's also lame as in not much happened other than balkanization and destruction of Euro-Mediterranean unity.

The year 1000.

But everyone loves the early Middle Ages.
It just seems so perfect, harsh times created strong people acclimated to the lands and times.
I feel it would have been maximum comfy to live in a cloister in the meadows of southern France.
Just read and write with my friends for the rest of my days.
Speak of God and philosophy, sounds perfect.

>dark ages for libtards
You realize "libtards" are the ones that want to remove the term dark ages?

So Kingdoms werent really all that important? Just the guys ruling them?

That ought to be hard to govern

>Im your king
>No youre not
>Why not?
>because i said so
>thats not how this works your territory is in my territory
>no, your territory surrounds my territory, but its not IN your territory

There had to at least been a vague concept of borders and nations at least, right?

Not really, the further you went the weirder people were, but outside your vilalge everyone was a foreigner.
That's why a lot of places have this weird dialects, every village was it's own little world.

He's probably a confused underageb&.

Way earlier than that. Probably the creation of the >H>R>E

It's easier when they weren't ruling so much as sending someone to collect taxes and coming by from time to time to open a public court for settling disputes. For a villager, whether it was a Roman, Germanic, or Arab lord, life didn't really change much. The guy you went to for some court matters every other year just swapped funny hats for you.

For richer and more influential locals, they knew better than to take on lords who were only good at fighting and not much else, so they preferred to buy security for their lands by marrying their children with the ruler's children and offering to do all the boring bureaucratic work for them.

>Introducing: The Greatest Political Clusterfuck in History!

The Realm. Now the Realm has a King on top that rules with the consent of the powerful nobility.

The end of the Carolingians, the end of the heathen invasion waves (vikings, saracens, magyars), the triumph of the Roman Catholic Church and succesful christianization of most of Europe, the general economic and demographic recovery and the consolidation of feudal monarchies is what marks the end of that period. And that's ~1000ad. Previous centuries it's I'm in shambles, come and fuck my shit up vikingbro/magyarbro/byzanbro/muslimbro, after that it's you a cuck now and we strong and consolidated enough to fuck your shit up, bro.

so it did have defined borders(subject to change from conquest and civil war and yada yada), it just wasnt run like a country nowadays, but rather by a bunch of elite few who act all hoighty-toighty high 'n mighty.

I figured as much, but people make it seem like they had no borders whatsoever and it was total anarchy and guessing when it came to international(interkingdom, i guess in this context?) affairs.

A united Carolingian empire, comprising France, Germany and Lombardian Italy would have been the WRE rebuilt

And then some andalusian raiding party would fuck your shit up and steal all your belongings.

Normandy invasion of england, i think

We know very little apart from the general history of the time period.

Not really. People cared more that you worshipped the same God as them.

Who /brytenwalda/ here?

The beggining of the Archaic Era, with the development of the Poleis.

fuck them, fucking assholes.