TFW you realize that Websites like Pic related and investopedia make Veeky Forums completely useless because it offers...

>TFW you realize that Websites like Pic related and investopedia make Veeky Forums completely useless because it offers information is a better and more accurate form

When did you realize that Veeky Forums is a joke only useful for sharing funnie employment stories and shitposting?

Literally every other dedicated website/forum/wiki is much better.

Other urls found in this thread:

finviz.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

>When did you realize that Veeky Forums is a joke
The first day it was created. It was a crypto containment board to stop the kiddies shitting up everywhere else. Who would actually take any advice offered here seriously?

Since day 0. This is Veeky Forums. Don't expect a lot of quality.

Really?
But this is where I learned that robinhood is what smart investors use.
And that there's some stock called "Batcoin" that relies on numbers instead of letters.

OP, you're 100% correct. But there's two problems:

1. Because doing the right things with your money isn't really all that complicated, some people think that finiki or bogleheads must be wrong. They think that investing must be some complicated game with high barriers to entry.

In reality, it just happens to be a happy accident that the best ways to invest also happen to be some of the easiest.

2. Prudent investing requires patience, discipline, and a long-term perspective. By contrast, Veeky Forums is filled with ADHD poster-children with poor impulse control and essentially zero wisdom.

Tell the average Veeky Forums reader that indexing wins 99% of the time and their invariable response is, "So, faggot, you're admitting that I have a real chance to beat the market!"

Biz is for business themed shit posting. Not investing advice

Yeah true.

Dollar cost averaging into an index fund really isn't that exciting as daytrading and checking prices every 5 mins

Thanks OP, I can finally get off this rock of autists and shitposters who take their humour from being retarded at what they do.

Keep em coming, give me more quality sites.

>crypto is for kids xD
Is this how nocoiners cope nowadays?

Crypto is a good way to make money, but we sure as fuck aren't going to make any off your sorry-ass excuse of a shilling. Listening to Veeky Forums for altcoin trading is like listening to Yobit's trollbox.

this.

>Implying the majority of 4chans userbase isn't

are you making new accounts ever month, or paying for the sub? also, do they ever notice and tell you to fuck off if you are making new acounts?

srs question

I always thought this board was for finance and job keks

>Keep em coming, give me more quality sites.
finviz.com

People rarely come on Veeky Forums to do anything but waste their fucking time; no shit. It doesn't matter which of these special interest boards you browse, it's all the same garbage. Sure, some of them may offer you an introduction to whatever their profile, and allow you to gauge the current memes pertaining to that interest, but beyond that there is very little of value. Once in a blue moon, they'll have something interesting going on.

>I have a real chance to beat the market!"
You've hit the nail on the head there: because Veeky Forums is full of outcasts, probably because of the ADHD and shitty impulse control, they are always looking for that way to rebel, that sense of superiority over society.

That's why they can never accept the conventional wisdom of investing as real, there has to be a smarter way. I mean, why else is all the discussion about Crypto and not Forex?
Because Forex is "muh normie"

Kek

>I have a real chance to beat the market!
Is margin trading on Index funds a good idea, or will I just blow all my money on the next dip?
I have a 10% margin

>Veeky Forums is full of impulse monkeys

>but not me, nuh huh, I'm smart and I use Veeky Forums

There are a lot of people on this board who can offer solid advice.

But its rare that they do because the high amount of thread turnover.
Good threads, educational content and adult discussion need time to mature. But they get swallowed up in a sea of babbys first shitcoin and passive income garbage.

So people who can give out good advice end up leaving or just shitposting instead.

I learned a lot about video games from /v/

you build a filter after awhile, there is good info here and bad info but you will learn eventually.

>Is margin trading on Index funds a good idea
No. Indexing is a long-term strategy. Margin and other leveraged strategies are short-term tactics. They do not play well together.

That's not a particularly persuasive critique of my statement. If you disagree, try typing the reasons why.

Critical thought is a skill that benefits you your whole life. I'm sorry that your education has let you down and didn't teach you important life skills. But you can still learn them yourself.

U aint shitting. I meat 1 fairly intelligent person maybe 2 or 3 times a week at best.

I swear between the shill stocks and shitcoin pump and dumps i almost never come here.

The best advise i have for anyone here is to fucking leave. And it's sad

Kek. This.

Mfw i spend my life trying to invent a fucking rocket ship or gamble on wall street only to realise that getting rich litteraly takes nothing but patience and self control. Now here i am 3 years latter with a 700+ credit score 1 closed a broke even business. Plans for 2 more. And a 3rd house all while covering the payments with wagecuckery if i fuck it up.

Talk about hard work and boring.

Lol.

Oh well. Less than 5 years at a good job an ill never work again

No user... it is how adults who arent gambline neetbux manage their money.

I actually agree with u shillcoiners to a point. 90 % sure i can double my money.

But i am 100% sure with proper management and study i can double my money on my own while also building a foundation of tangible assets that are still worth money next time some hacker fucks shit up.

Ill be sitting in my 3 bedroom house looking out the window at 2 more and 15 more online laughing my ass off at you kids.

Cointrade all u want but at least do yourself a favor and learn to properly invest also...

Enjoy your ever increasing levies and property taxes

>Enjoy your ever increasing levies and property taxes
Are you under the impression that renting somehow avoids these things? You pay them too, just not directly.

Use your brain sometimes.

>Implying he's not going to build his own house out of all the millions of coins he owns.
Oh, wait, they're not physical.

> You pay them too, just not directly.

You're right, that 7% on my soft drink is a real bummer.

> MGT
> TTNP

Two stocks posted on Veeky Forums. Investing yielded me $800 in returns.

Veeky Forums is an interesting creature. It shits out content relative to /b/, but once and a great while you get a golden egg.

Are you talking about rh?
That's not something I use, it's for much more casual participants.

With my knowledge i could never pay taxes again if i had the stomache for it. Enjoy jail for felony pump and dump schemes. Enjoy the IRS audits cause u fags dont oay taxes over 600 bux. Enjoy the SEC rapping your ass and putting u in jail.

Kek.

I got enough experience with some initiative and hard work i can get a job and get by in any developed english speaking country on a work visa while immigrating or work visa hopping.

Your not wrong about the taxes. But once u underatand the tax code hand have a proper cpa you actually oay the least amount of taxes going my route.

To each his own. I wish no ill will towards anyone that isnt a Democrat or a fucking liberal.

I am telling u tho. Coining is a gamble not an investment. I actually like the idea of a non tangible currency but it MUST be backed by something tangible. Read your history books. No nation that has tried to use a fiat currency has ever made it. Ast rome germany russia or zimbabwe to name a few...

Kek. If i was smart i would have 100 units and rent myself. U never truly own anything. If u want to argue just stop paying your property tax. Last time i checked when i bought shit and had payments, it was not mine. Why spend 200k and then pay every year to keep it. Thats just silly. Either rent or do that but keep it leveraged to build more wealth. Once u realise that the 1% own u it is easier to cope. You can fight them. Join them. Or just try and play by their rules and hide.

There is a saying. Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered. The rules get more fuzzy the more u goof around. I dont have the energy or give a fuck to fight. And my morals wont let me be a 1%. So ill just get whats mine and hide. Always play by the rules. Breaking them is simply not worth it for me.

>In reality, it just happens to be a happy accident that the best ways to invest also happen to be some of the easiest.
Could you please develop a little more this, or tell me more to google it by myself?

Jesus, you're an angsty little shit. Once you get older or get a decent job, you're going to be embarrassed by the things you currently think are true.

bogleheads.org. Or if you're a leaf, go to the site in OP's pic related.

I'm a leaf, and I prefer bogleheads for general advice.

Follow your heart, user.

I like Investopedia for the simulator and how if I do nothing I generally shoot up the rankings regardless.

I have trouble finding decent investing forums tho, and I now have pretty darn good market knowledge in some respects.

>Kek.
>u

Son, nobody will ever believe you're over 16.

Really, what sources did you use to learn? I'm extremely curious