High mileage thread. Just turned over 243K miles on my 99 vic. Fully functioning luxury barge

High mileage thread. Just turned over 243K miles on my 99 vic. Fully functioning luxury barge.

I know some of you are pushing higher mileage.

275k miles on this shitlord
Original 5.0 lopo still happily chugging away

this seems like an appropriate thread to ask about this

Im thinking of getting an 03' town car as my new daily because i think they look great, and they're fucking comfy and blend in pretty well.

>is there anything i should worry about?

03's have shit tier soft axles, long as they have been changed you should be good.

Was an old caltrans truck

239k on my 95 shitegra gsr

My best friend was pushing 320k on his 97 integra gsr before it was stolen. He now has anot ef hatch si pushing 310k.

Change out the rear air suspension for springs when they shit out.

They have their share of things that go out, but just about all issues are well documented thanks to crownvic.net.

If youre handy with a wrench, check out the transmission jmod. Firms up the shifting. Did it to mine and its the best modification i ever did.

I hear 03's had an over heating problem as well

220k miles.
Currently in my garage right now while I try and figure out why the engine wont start. Something electrical, I cant get any spark. I think there is a faulty sensor somewhere.

Do those have the optispark?

My old (02) impala finally began having transmission issues at 251,000 miles.

>current truck has 219,000, original still working motor/trans replaced at 202,000

>the family work horse 3/4 ton 85 chevy has over 380,000 on body

285k on my '04 Acura MDX

bout 465k on mine
ayy we have the same wheels lol

Where do you live crummy?

las vegas

I put HPP's on everything, best wheel Ford has ever put on a car.

I don't actually know how many miles are on my 4.0L.
To be truthful I still haven't checked to see whether it's actually Renix or not
And my speedo/odo doesn't even work

Doesn't even really matter desu ne. 4.0L goes until it needs lifters or rings, rebuild it, go another 250k. There is no end of service mileage if you don't blow it up.

my nigga.
I polished mine up, lots of work but worth it
Have you ever tried stripping them?
I had no luck getting the faces stripped but the lips were super easy.

They look good, I got a free set of 93-96 style that I want to polish up

The 99-02 have a painted lip and can't be polished.

Keystone also used to make replica's that had polished lips from the factory, though they haven't made them in years

>pointless HPP trivia

>The 99-02 have a painted lip and can't be polished.
Can you not just strip the paint and polish the metal?
My wheels were clear coated and had to be stripped before polishing, also I had to sand the fucking machining marks out of the wheel before polishing, 400 - 600 - 800 - 1000 - 1500 - 2000 grit wet sanding then polish, look so long dude.

took so long* lol

I'm not sure, the paint is pretty thick.

The 93-96 and 97-98 style just have clearcoated lips instead so it's obviously the easier route.

Yup. Already changed it.

How did you hide the yellow paint - repainted?

Or was this the version with a spotlight and puke-proof carpets?

What makes you think it was a Taxi? It's obviously not a P71.

I drive a 2001 golf with 270 000 km on the odometer, I know I'm a child compared to some but will I be admitted in the club guise ?
love my 1.9L TDI anyway

>2001
>270k

>tfw your '09 already has 250k+

how do you do it ?
I'm european so we probably use our cars a bit less and for lesser distances, but still

She's up there.

2000 Explorer 5.0L AWD

I live in the central US. Probably quite a bit more spread out than where you're from. I've also taken it on multiple trips over the 7+ years that I've had it, it had 5 miles(8km) on it when I got it.

you should probably check your engine user, just sayin

yeah, you do have a big country and some long roads on it
I would love to personally push a car from ~0 to 200+ k km one day
but I'll probably always have to settle for used cars anyways

It's an o2. It's just too cold to fix it right now

Runs perfect besides that. Biggest repair was probably the alternator.

301k miles and counting
no problems or whatsoever, replaced some suspension bushings and oil 10k miles ago

>you should probably check your engine user, just sayin
9/10 it's an O2 sensor in that era Fords.

>I would love to personally push a car from ~0 to 200+ k km one day
Honestly, I would have never bought a new car but my old Town Car had 270k miles(435k km) and we had what was called cash for clunkers in the U.S. So I got $4500 trade in credit for a car that was worth less than $1k and got an additional $2500 in manufacturer rebates. So all in all I was OTD for a little over 40% off on a brand new car.