Varg Vikernes has a channel on YouTube where he says that Christianity is a Jewish religion and that paganism is the...

Varg Vikernes has a channel on YouTube where he says that Christianity is a Jewish religion and that paganism is the true European religion. Is this true?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zxw2m6i7nts
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_mythology
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And by the way, don't forget to buy MYFAROG!

WE

Christianity does have its origins in Judaism, but I don't think you can call it "Jewish" today

he burned churches, ofc he would say that

It has a Jewish base with Hellenic features and borrows extensively from Platonic and Aristotlean philosophy.

Keep in mind Varg rejects the notion of Indo-European migration to avoid the conclusion that Indo-European language and religion is ultimately just as invasive as Christianity.

Wtf I hate Christianity now

Surely you mean Kristian Vikernes

OP post 3/3

Varg's channel on YouTube is very interesting. He has 60k subscribers which is very impressive. His videos all seem to have the same theme; Christianity is a Jewish religion, a Hebrewish religion (along with Islam and Judaism) and that paganism is the true European religion.

I struggle to find a video where he explains all of his ideas at once. Rather his videos are all different variations on the same theme.

This one is pretty good at summing up though:

youtube.com/watch?v=zxw2m6i7nts

>invasive
There are similarities between Varg's dear norse mythology and babylonian mythology as well. They both have a world tree with roots in hell, with a rodent like creature on its trunk and a bird-like creature on its top. Baal = Bel = Balder. The storm god. The horned helmets. Etc.

why the fuck would you look for any intellectual ideas from Varg Vikernes?

define "true religion"

define "paganism" (which means, historically, non-Christianism, whilst the notion of "Christendom" is absolutely the precursor to the modern notion of "Europe")

Christinaity has been called, somewhat cheekily, the most successful sect of Judaism. Obviously it has Judaic roots. Is it a "Jewish religion"? Most Jews and Christians would probably take issue with that classification despite agreeing on a common historical lineage.

He might be full of shit but his videos sure are comfy

Yes. But the Christianity that developed in Europe changed a lot with the local folk religion. The same thing happened when it reached Africa and the Americas. You get saints representing old deities for example, It just kept changing and still does.

His name is actually Kristian.

That's the joke.

>mom names you Kristian
>be so buttblasted about it you become a pagan and start burning down churches

>Varg Vikernes...

HE IS A BARBARIAN BRUTE WHO SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY BY ANYONE.

>... has a channel on YouTube where he says that Christianity is a Jewish religion and that paganism is the true European religion. Is this true?

AUTHENTIC CHRISTIANITY IS INTRINSICALLY AN ANTIJEWISH RELIGION; JUDEOCHRISTIANITY IS INTRINSICALLY A JEWISH RELIGION; IT IS THE ABOMINATION SPAWNED FROM THE JEWISH INFILTRATION AND USURPATION OF THE EARLY CHRISTIAN RELIGION.

"PAGANISM" IS NOT A RELIGION, "PAGANISM" IS A TERM APPLIED TO AN AGGLOMERATE OF TRIBAL NONCHRISTIAN EUROPEAN CULTS, AND RELIGIONS, SOME OF WHICH ARE MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE, BUT ARE STILL LUMPED TOGETHER UNDER THE SAME TERM; EXEMPLUM GRATIA: DRUIDISM, WHICH WAS A "CHTHONIC" RELIGION, AND PYTHAGOREANISM WHICH WAS A "SOLAR" CULT.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "TRUE EUROPEAN RELIGION", BECAUSE EUROPA HAS NEVER BEEN A SINGLE SOCIOPOLITICAL ENTITY, NOR HAS IT SHARED A SINGLE RELIGION.

Depends on the type. Hitler developed a racial based form of Christianity that can be considered entirely European.

What does he think about iranians and indians then?

Europe "breathed" christianity for 1500 years, the catholic church (and later protestantism) and its institutions influenced culture, art, politics, daily life and countless other areas of Europe profoundly.

It might've been a Levantine religion in 50 AD, but up until 1800 it became profoundly European.

How can anyone take this murderer seriously?

>THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS "TRUE EUROPEAN RELIGION", BECAUSE EUROPA HAS NEVER BEEN A SINGLE SOCIOPOLITICAL ENTITY, NOR HAS IT SHARED A SINGLE RELIGION.

Yes there is. Odin, Zeus, Prometheus, Cronos, Jupiter. Even the Egyption gods. All come from different time periods but all are European in origin.

We don't really believe in them, we are smart enough to believe they aren't real, they are just symbols.

Note that these gods are actually cool. Christianity isn't cool but the Greek and Roman gods for example are.

We are European and thats our real culture, our real gods.

Look at the hero lineup in any modern video game and you're looking at a current-day representation of European gods. We have the desire for these cool pantheistic gods in our nature, it just needs to come out.

Hitler was an atheist

Well, YHWH would be pretty OP character and he is somewhat an abstract, anyway. Jesus could be made cool, but nobody cares about hium enough. Angels and demons aka the cool part of Bible are in literally in any fantasy game ever.

MOM'S GONNA FREAK

>I base me religious views on how cool something is
14 year old: the post

Yes, but the form of Christianity he mandated was race driven. I didn't say he believed in it.

YOU ARE AN IGNORANT MORON.

Great argument, you showed him.

Yeah! Let's chose religion instead on tales about how cool was miracles of Jesus thousands years ago. Thats what serious persons do with their life.

>missing the point of the gospels that bad
Sad!

& humanities was a mistake

Why would anyone want to argue a moron?

Why should we believe in jewish fairy tale if not because of some cool tricks of Jesus? I bet the thousands claimed to be a son of god, why not believe them if you trust anyone just by a word?

That's what always cracks me up the most. This guy is constantly talking about how bad everything is and how the evil Jews are ruining everything and then he casually shifts to talking about his shitty RPG.

Considering the very notion of "Europe" as a united continent is deeply tied to Christianity?

No.

It is.

Which is why you Europeans shouldnt have problems converting to Islam, you susceptible-to-sandnigger-religions-you.

He actually got a pretty good point. The mythology of pagan Europe is a real part of out culture. Story of Icarus or Minotaur is better known, than a some obsucre bilblical chapter. In the end, it is a stories like that is what truly influence human behavior or their idea. Completely disregard all of this as part of autistic holywar is retarded as factual culture of people is syncretic by nature.

It is an Abrahamic religion, but as Christianity spread it became heavily influenced by European religions. Saints and angels took on aspects of various deities, rituals were taken and made Christian, etc. By the end it is the closest thing to a pan-European religion that we've got.

>Yes there is. Odin, Zeus, Prometheus, Cronos, Jupiter. Even the Egyption gods. All come from different time periods but all are European in origin.

But that isn't a single religion. Those gods come from multiple religions spread across various peoples and cultures throughout Europe.

>>I base me religious views on how cool something is
>14 year old: the post

It's important though.

My base reaction, my gut instinct towards Christianity has always been that it is uncool, meek, boring. Don't you feel the same? If you are European you should feel the same. Unless you're a European cuck.

The norse gods like Odin have strength.

Haven't you noticed how popular the Greek & Roman gods are in modern popular culture? It's because they are cool.

In fact - I have thought about this for hours - huge amounts of popular culture are derived from or reference European pagan gods, or fully-European culture.

For example, Game of Thrones!

And all of this paganism in our media despite the fact that the (((they))) want as little of it as possible.

We like it because it's our real culture

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparative_mythology

Stop shilling your rant channel here

> If you are European you should feel the same.
Well, that because you are bored from Christianity as it is like there from birth and the most of boring people choose it as their default religion. Also the culture is opposed to show christianity to be cool for some autistic reason. See how church just as cool in anime as paganism or whatever. Because Japan isn't Christian country and it can see cross and other christian symbols or the concepts to be cool as they should be so it isn't really inherit to a religion itself.

> Even wondered why you aren't living in a Muslim shithole?
> The crusades
> The fuckingcrusades
> The same that are to blame for Constantinople to become muslim shithole.
This is some real comedy gold here.

>might

>tumblr

Coming from you, it's a compliment.

Why nazi flag here? They use pagan swastica as their symbol. It is even bigger than puny cross.

> /pol/

the happy wheel of friendship is a symbol for everyone

>is monarchism blue pill

Seriously? Monarchism precedes Christianity in Europe by thousands of years.

These pictures are like those church pamphlets that try to make Christianity cool to the young people.

>frogposting

Can't they just made Christian MOBA or something? I would main Judas or other memetic character.

Christianity is cool.

>has always been that it is uncool, meek, boring
Because you've grown up with it and consider it run of the mill. A hindu probably considers christianity exotic as well.

>The norse gods like Odin have strength.
So strong his followers were defeated
>Game of Thrones
What a cultural milestone. Not to mention that the faith of the seven and R'hllor both are based on Christianity

>And all of this paganism in our media despite the fact that the (((they))) want as little of it as possible
You aren't making sense. If anything, you're the one working for the Jews because they hate Christianity with a passion

>our real culture
>MUH CULTURE

Literally everything that comes out today is based either on tropes and storylines from the bible, or from works inspired by the bible. The story of Job is timeless and spaceless. Can't say the same for any greek myth

>the most "badass" Nordic god (Thor) is portrayed as a gullible retard who literally goes full tranny and dresses as a woman for a party and later on lets a Jewlike characted cuck him by fucking his wife
>Odin lets his brothers fuck his wife while he's away on travel
>Freya is a bona fide whore who literally cucks her husband left and right while he doesn't appear to give a fuck
>gods live in a place called Ass Guard a Freyr was literally the divine patron of faggots

the notion of a certain religion for a specific area or group of people is a pagan idea, it's incompatible with a universalist religion like christianity, which is for all people

so yes, he's basically correct

> So strong his followers were defeated
And christian Europe is cucked by mudslims right now...

don't forget about the ponies!

Not seeing any mass conversions friend :^)

>The Old Testament was written by Israelites, 400 years before Jesus was born. It has nothing to do with him.
>Christianity is European
>Nazi Flag
Who is the """"""""""""""""""Christian"""""""""""""""""" who made this cringeworthy image?

> Can't say the same for any greek myth
Nice work to prove yourself being a retard, user.

Or Odin literally slurping cum

>cucked by muslims

Follower of a religion that got literally cucked out of existence and had to be recorded by Christian scholars is calling anyone else a cuck, top kek

I am not follower of any religion, just pointing out the logical flaws.

>we must fight against degenerate morals by literally sucking off corpses

Pagans, everyone

lord knows

You keep telling yourself that, friend. It's dying out in the developed world, can't be that cool.

>greek myth
>posts a roman addendum to a greek myth
Cool.

And you're proving that the ancient myths were inferior. The book of job at least tries to answer the question of why bad things happen to good people; what's the point of the Trojan horse other than the perfidity of greeks?

voltaire pls

>A god associated with madness and taking the lives of men prematurely did shit we find weird to our modern sensibilities.

Shocking.

Entire concept of heroism is literally named after Heracles and was formulated around pagan faith and their myth. Thats alone worth as much as a Christianity as a whole.

>Can't say the same for any greek myth

Homer's classics beat the pants off it for being timeless. Whereas the book of Job is typically just brought up as an example of what an idiotic, psychotic asshole YHWH is.

And revolting.

> why bad things happen to good people
Because God decided to be that way? What really shocking answer that was never before in any of a pagan religions.

> Can't say the same for any greek myth

>and revolting

Yes, yes. And YHWH wanted people to cut bits off their dicks, and it's only when Paul got ahold of that whole Jesus thing that he chose to get rid of that to make it more acceptable to gentiles.

Mythology is weird. Now why are you so butthurt about pagans?

Since when is Odin the god of madness? He's the god of wisdom.

And my point was that it defeats the point of Pagans being "shield against degeneracy"

>heroism as a concept
>formulated around pagan faith and myth
I think you'll find that other religions and cultures around the world formulated their own concept of heroism.

Good job of missing the point of the book of Job

>Good job of missing the point of the book of Job

That God's a psychotic piece of shit that will allow Satan to torture his most devout to prove a point? What other fucking point could there be?

Christianity literally stole Cupid from greeks, lol.

> for
> any
> greek
> myth

>Since when is Odin the god of madness?

Several of his names literally mean madness. He was considered the source of lunacy and battle-madness. He was actually quite a multi-faceted God. His worship wasn't just invoked for rulership or favour in battle, but also in a fearful light as he had a reputation for cutting warriors down in their prime for his own selfish aims.

>And my point was that it defeats the point of Pagans being "shield against degeneracy"

Good fucking job. You've accomplished nothing but making /pol/ look foolish and making the local Christians look like they're in the same camp as /pol/, both of which didn't need your help to be true.

> missing the point of the book of Job
Thats only proves that Book of Job is shit that isn't even explains anything properly. Pygmalion is clear as fuck for example, while being arguably a more complicated.

> any greek myth, guys

I love Northern history honestly and you have to understand that Christianity truly was a quantum leap forward in terms of culture (especially literacy) for the Northern peoples. With this in mind, I regard the neo-pagan movement with a combination of amusement and sadness.

Nordic pantheon: a drunken tranny, a career Jew, several whores, furries, cucks, histrionic faggots and retards, led by a mentally ill guy

> muh christian pantheon
> The one shizo who is a sadist, cuck and a bird, I guess, in the same time.

There are two crosses on that flag. Or did you forget the Scandinavian cross?

It was a leap forward only in literacy, and any neo-pagan movement is naturally influenced by modern culture.

Christianity is dying in the developed world and I welcome its end. The combination of animism, ancestor worship, and polytheism is both more suitable to the decentralized nature of information transmission, and the more egoistic nature of modern society.

K. All are deeply flawed characters that you can take wisdom from both in their virtues and failings. Whereas the Christian Gods are both utterly inhuman and utterly unable to be lived up to in any capacity.

True, but they are still 1/3 pagans, sadly.

>Christianity
>during the end days, God comes back to Earth, BTFOs the devil and established his kingdom

>Nordic paganism
>during the end days, all the gods get killed by some furry niggers from hell riding on a boat made of nails

> animism
Why would we praise animals in a modern world?

Yes, one displays clearly the impermanence of all things, as even the gods and their realm are doomed to eventual destruction and rebirth as a new pantheon of their children takes over. This is a vastly more powerful lesson than the end of days, which is just baseless fearmongering that Christians have been asserting to be just around the corner since they became a thing.

Why the fuck do you want God to be humanlike? Some drunken moron who crossdresses, gets cucked, duped by a bunch of animals and sucks cock in his spare time isn't worth my worship. I want my God to be perfect.

>his god isn't eternal
>his god isn't omnipotent
>his god isn't indestructible

Some fucking shit right there

Animism is the believe that various natural features have spirits which can be venerated. It's a pretty common feature in some capacity in various pagan faiths, and it's typically the first form religions take in a society.

yes

but that's a vast simplification

also

PRAY MARS
JUPITER VULT

>Why the fuck do you want God to be humanlike?

Because there's nothing to be learned from an entity that isn't human. Even the example of Jesus is worthless by nature of him being sinless. No one can ever hope to live up to Jesus, so why bother?

>I want my God to be perfect.

But YHWH isn't that. He's jealous, petty, and psychotic, yet still utterly inhuman. If you want a truly perfect God, why aren't you a neo-Platonist?