So here's the deal. I can get a car for free, but there's a few stipulations

So here's the deal. I can get a car for free, but there's a few stipulations.

>Under $15k
>At least 2010
>Must be reliable
>No Mazda or Dodge
>No convertible

Other than this, I can get anything. I currently drive a 2003 Saturn Ion. I'll be happy with anything more fun than that. Right now I'm looking at 2014+ Scion tCs and 2013+ Honda Civics. Any other recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Used Cars/Saturn/Sky/Louisville KY-40292?zip=40292&startYear=1981&endYear=2017&modelCodeList=SKY&makeCodeList=SATURN&listingTypes=used&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=500&trimCodeList=SKY|Red Line&numRecords=25
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no mazda

>Scion tC

Delet this

Buick regal

2009 lexus i250

Really anything RWD

A Scion tC may not be more fun than a Saturn Ion, then again, I'm thinking of the Saturn Ion Redline, which you clearly don't have (or you wouldn't be getting rid of it)

Anyways, I'd also look into Chevrolet Sonic LT's and LTZ's with the optional 1.4L Turbo engine and the 6 speed manual. The 1.4L Turbo became standard on them in 2014 or 2015 I think. Pretty fun for such a small hatchback.

Never considered Buick, I'll check it out.
If I could get my hands on an unmolested Redline I wouldn't be asking about a new car desu. I'll check this out as well.

>no Mazda

I understand Chrysler, but what the fuck? The Mazda 3 is the best hatch on the market right now

>I'll check this out as well.
Avoid the 1.8L Sonic's. The 1.8L engine is trash. All the 1.4L cars have this neat turbo badge on the back to help you distinguish. Also, All LS models are 1.8L cars.

as an aside, the second gen tC's are pretty fun too.

I know that, I would love a blue 3 hatch, but it's not up to me unless I buy it myself, which I can't afford to do. Free is free.
I'll make sure to look for 1.4L turbo only then, thanks user. I test drove a 15 tc, I enjoyed it but figured I would check out alternatives in case I found something I like more.

No, I get that it's not up to you. Just wondering why your parents/boss bought an RX7 and didn't change the oil on time and are sour as fuck towards a great brand

My uncle Zoom Zoom©'d himself into a tree in a 97 Miata, hence no Mazda or convertible

Wew lad, sounds like he slipped on some Black Ice®

He managed to go fast enough in a miata to crash?
Impressive

>someone's buying me a car but giving me shitty rules
Buy your own car faggot.

Yep, and he walked away with no injuries.
If I could afford to i would. At least I don't have something really retarded like no manual

Kek. A family friend of my parents' crashed a Honda Civic a few years ago. Whenever I mention Honda my mother goes pale and mumbles something about "deathtraps".

Ford Fiesta ST

>Yep, and he walked away with no injuries
How is mazda bad in their eyes then? He crashed his car but it kept him safe like it was supposed to.

Don't accept their offer. Keep the saturn. It gets good mpg and has all the features you really need. It's not a great car but it's adequate. It's better than a try hard boyracer/chick car TC.

>At least 2010
When buying used, mileage and maintenance history is more important that model year. also brz> tc.

Beats me. I guess because he lost control of it in the first place.
The tranny is going (auto) and needs to be rebuilt. Also my mirrors don't heat anymore and my defoggers won't work, and Chicago winters suck.
Yeah I know, if I had complete freedom of choice I would get into a Mazda 3 hatch or a Miata, but I'm not gonna turn down a free, fully functional car either. Also I tried looking for a brz and frs and couldn't find any nearby in price

>FRESH™ to death

I got an unmolested redline for like 3.3k a couple months ago.

If I could find a sky redline for that price I would have considered that. Maybe you can?

autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/Used Cars/Saturn/Sky/Louisville KY-40292?zip=40292&startYear=1981&endYear=2017&modelCodeList=SKY&makeCodeList=SATURN&listingTypes=used&firstRecord=0&searchRadius=500&trimCodeList=SKY|Red Line&numRecords=25

also check out pic related. mustang would be a real nice upgrade and they're everywhere.

I straight up couldn't find any halfway decent ones near me. I've given the sky and solstice a look before, and I really like them a lot, but unfortunately there aren't hardtop ones. Maybe I could get a decent mustang though

it's worth a trans replacement. I bet you could fix the rest of it yourself with some simple diagnosis/parts changing

Look at used Fiesta ST's OP.
For $15k you could probably get one that's still in warranty, and they're great on gas and fun as fuck to drive.

In Canada, 15k gets you a nice 2012-2013 Civic Si with 50k miles. I'd personally go for that. Good cars, good mpg's, reliable, and def fun little cars

beats the shit out of a saturn for sure

>unfortunately there aren't hardtop ones.
There was a hardtop Solstice, but they're incredibly rare. Pic related. They didn't make many as the Pontiac was canceled a few weeks into production. They're already being snapped up by collectors