/hbg/ Homebrew General

Winter blues edition

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp (embed)
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Plailect revealed we can now use almost any DSiWare game for downgrading. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo is offering $100 to $20,000 for 3DS vulnerabilities.
-11.0-11.1 downgrade is released! If you have an old DSiWare exploit game, you can downgrade.

>Wii U
-ColdBoot HaxChi looking promising, may want to wait for lower risk implementations
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
gbatemp.net/threads/working-dsiwarehax-installer-with-waithax-slowhax.452780/page-10#post-6920647
github.com/Mrrraou/waithax/releases
github.com/Plailect/ctr-httpwn/releases
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5i0gdo/slowhax_installing_on_112_also_confused/
gbatemp.net/threads/downgrading-11-0-11-1-3dss-without-dsiwarehax-is-possible.452798/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>-ColdBoot HaxChi looking promising, may want to wait for lower risk implementations
DELETE THIS

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for

adds

No links were posted in the previous thread.
Post link and I'm sure next OP will add it. Probably.

it's also out of order

Remove sissy anime boys.

new mai when

So I had a friend format my 64gb sd card since I'm a vegetable when it comes to hacking. When it was all said and done the the sd card is readable on my n3ds, the game and save files show up when looking at a computer, they're nowhere to be found on my ds. Anyone know how to fix this?

How do I hack my husbando into real life

What is the recommendated NDS cart for 3DS?

>-Plailect revealed we can now use almost any DSiWare game for downgrading. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade

This just isn't true. You still need a second hacked 3DS.

bumping this

>tfw

Install JKSM. Try checking to see if you can extract the saves. Chances are you ended up with a fucked nand which means your sd card games are basically untied to your console and won't show up in the menu. Best case scenario you can extract saves and reinstall the games.
Try a bullet

Following up on this, finished installing a9lh, restored my nand from before tinyformat, and setup fbi.

All my games work again, still have the ambassador, dsi, and gba stuff.

>3.63 NEVER EVER
>PSN NEVER EVER
>mSD ADAPTER NEVER EVER
also chen a shit

jesus man, care to list some of those billion games you've got?

I'm just mad that I won't be able to play Shantae. Like, why do I buy games?

>tfw too intelligent to pirate

>Day 2 of having a modded PS2
>HDD is already halfway full
>can apparently FTP PS1 games to the HDD
>still haven't ripped my physical library yet
RIP. Also, Zone of the Enders looks pretty goddamn great for a 2001 game.

gbatemp.net/threads/working-dsiwarehax-installer-with-waithax-slowhax.452780/page-10#post-6920647
waithax got updated.

dat draw distance tho

Is there a way to transfer save files between SDs without resorting to JKSV?

I have 2 3DSs and only one SD, so I backed up saves with JKSV and transferred the files, but I forgot one of them and I don't want to switch all files around again cause it'll take an hour or so

I have three questions about the Wii U:

First, how is a 500GB USB HDD for it in terms of size? Overkill? Just right? Nowhere near enough?

Second, what would be the best way to go about using two USB devices, one formatted for Wii U, and the other as a regular FAT32 drive for vWii, while keeping the front two USB ports accessible for the GameCube adapter?

Third, using HID to VPAD, is there any way I can rebind the controls for a GameCube controller? I'd rather not play Wind Waker or TP HD with the default bindings when I could just use the original GC bindings instead.

Does this mean we can downgrade 11.0 without a dsiware game?

500 GB is complete overkill in my experience. Don't really know for the other ones, but you should be able to figure it out yourself if you fuck around with it.

>500 GB is complete overkill in my experience
Even if I want to install literally every game worth playing + all DLC + updates and keeping room for Zelda?

Half of it is just the nes and gba games. Mostly play pokemon and monster hunter, so they are convenient to have digital. My other games are physical.

>all that clutter
One of the worst UIs ever.

no. one of the original 4 DSiWare titles is still required to downgrade on 11.0/11.1

Which we can't get, so the hack is useless.

Exidia is out of the store?

Yes

all 4 of the originals have been taken down

Trying to make a different boot screen for haxchi, just editing in GIMP. do either of these options matter?

Not necessarily.
There's another exploit that got patched in 11.2 that doesn't require dsiware, but nobody's written code for that yet iirc.

Slowhax where?

Yes you can.

slowhax is waithax

It's only as ugly as you make it.

Folders help, and not having the icons that small too.

if i softbrick going waithax downgrading to 9.2, how fucked am I? Can I just recover to 11.2 and re-run the dsiwarehax to get to dgtool and re-downgrade my NFIRM and try again?
I haven't yet, this is the only thing I'm unsure of before risking it.

Yes

You can restore then downgrade again. This time you also have to use tinyformat before sysupdater.

Yes, you can do that, but you will probably softbrick again. You can try the downgrade a couple times if you want (don't forget to change the dgtool files to the ones for 11.2), but formatting is usually necessary to not softbrick.

See this post:

500gb got me by on almost all the wii u games worth having and then some.

I still have space left over for BOTW

thank you kind anons. wouldn't tinyformat nuke my dsiware though?

Nope, the dsiware is untouched by tinyformat and it still works. You do not need to run it anymore after formatting though, as the NFIRM downgrade is done before format and the 9.2 downgrade should work now.

strange, the name leads me to think full wipe. I just want to keep the title available as I need to system transfer once I downgrade this one... but I could always just buy SUDOKU or whatever if needed.
Many thanks user.

had since like july or so to get it so that's latefags fault

Tinyformat doesn't actually delete anything, but basically unlinks them from the 3ds or something. Keeps all files.

Just make sure you make a full nand backup dump before tinyformat, so you can restore the games at the end of the guide (you use this nand dump instead of NANDmin.bin when you get to it during a9lh setup).

Wait,do I NEED an dsiware game?I only have my 3ds on 11.1 with no dsiwares
Do i wait even more?

You need one of the 4 already pulled DSiWare titles:
Legend of Exidia, Guitar Hero, 4 Swords or Fieldrunners

If you don't have either of those 4, you can't use the waithax tool. You can hope that 33c3 brings more titles to the party, or a different downgrade method, but all of the known ones have been pulled.

yes that's the whole point, probably have to wait till the dsiwarehax installer is compatible with the new games

What about musichax?

So is there a new DNS server for WiiU or what?

Everytime I try to use the camera the 3ds freezes and shows this error.
Also the super stable 3D is fucked up.

So if I'm on 11.1 and I dont have any dsiware should I just give up and update?

HID to VPAD already has the GC controller bindings, but you can edit them in notepad. I'm close to filling up 200gb with games, DLC, and updates. I'd definitely blow past it if I didn't own a lot of games on disk. I'm probably an exception though since I filled up my 64gb micro SD on my N3DS.

I used an online image sorry.

what about it? just another 3ds entrypoint

no. wait until 33c3. until then, block updates and use ctr-httpwn for your official nintendo business.

that would be extremely stupid

What is that ctr thing?

github.com/Plailect/ctr-httpwn/releases
it lets you access nintendo services (such as eshop) while not being on the latest firmware (11.2 in this case).
So if a new DSiWare title is released at 33c3 as compatible with waithax, you can load ctr-httpwn from the hombrew launcher (via your entrypoint of choice, musichax maybe when its released?), then access eshop or w/e risk free

It lets you access online even without updating to the latest firmware

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5i0gdo/slowhax_installing_on_112_also_confused/

lol

Updated waithax, now it runs as its own app to enable privilege escalation that's persistent until you reboot. So run this, then run any other app that needs extra privileges to run, like dsiwarehax_installer or FBI. Saves having to bundle the exploit code into the apps themselves.

ah yes, veryslowpidhax, aka, It'll take a month and if you turn me off or let me die I'll brick

Not veryslowpidhax. A race condition that'd bypass the downgrade protection added with 11.0. Ninty added an extra check with 11.2 that fixed this.

>Winter blues edition

Why don't companies just make their gaming systems without a usb port, so then people wouldn't be able to put custom files in their device and therefore hack it.

New 11.1 downgrade guide when?

I'm not talking about veryslowpidhax.
gbatemp.net/threads/downgrading-11-0-11-1-3dss-without-dsiwarehax-is-possible.452798/

not really needed...
use the latest waithax:
use the included dsiwarehax to inject the appropriate file for your dsiware title
skip to section VII of 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade and proceed as usual

Wasn't Mrrraou an epic shitposter and JUSTPINGO supporter?

Anyway what, we still have to perform a system transfer? I thought the buzz was about not having to do that. What does waithax even help with then?

Can I play N64 games on my vita yet and not through the epsp?

waithax works on the original 4 DSi games (Exidia, 4swords, and the other 2 I forget). If your target 3DS has those games, it can inject the saves on its own.

It doesn't work on the other DSi games, those still need a hacked transfer.

waithax gains k11 permissions, so you can write the payload to the saves of one of the 4 supported DSiWare titles:
4swords, fieldrunners, LoE, Guitar Hero (all have been pulled from eshop)
Once done, you can proceed with the downgrade using a single 3DS.
If you DON'T have one of the 4 above titles already, you get to wait for 33c3 and see if there's any other titles that dsiwarehax supports.

Wasn't the original instructions to purchase the DSi game for the source 3DS? I don't have it on my target 3DS.

>hacked 3ds since the rxtools age
>bought fieldrunners JUST IN CASE something goes wrong later on
>people on 11.0+ didn't buy any of the games on the months they had to do it

Why

lads, Monster hunter 4u or Monster hunt generations for someone who's never played a monster hunter game?

We always knew waithax would need a DSi game exploit. you're out of luck for now. sorry buddy.

the waithax+diswarehax combo only requires a single 3ds. That 3ds must have one of the 4 games on it already.
System transfer method can use any number of DSiWare titles, provided the source already as a9lh (or whatever floats your boat).

4U

Well I'm sure that I'm in fine luck since I still have the option to transfer. By the way, it won't do anything weird like delete the game because it's off the eShop, will it

4U tries much harder to engage new players and is a higher quality game.

Thanks anons

remember when you all myself included used to make fun of Mrrraou and JustPingo? Now he releases waithax and you all shove his cock down your throats

95% of it was pingo fun, and he has never released anything but attention whoring.

KTM When

Gateway stole the code.

I just bought my first 3DS on black friday

so I have an old 3ds on 11.0. How am I supposed to even get a dsiware game?

JUST

All the ones that work with waithax are taken down youre fucked

get access to homebrew launcher
use ctr-httpwn
access eshop
gib nintendo your sheckles

So I managed to successfully use waithax and go all the way to a9lh with luma but I totally forgot that the n3ds had a default 4gb. I have a 32gb lying around. Is it safe to just switch my sd card by just copying and pasting the files on my root and 3ds folder to the new one or am I stuck with the 4gb?

Nothing prevents a shitposter from writing serious code user

yes