I want to keep a small vacuum in my trunk so I can stop paying 75 cents for 5 minutes of vacuum time down at the Shell...

I want to keep a small vacuum in my trunk so I can stop paying 75 cents for 5 minutes of vacuum time down at the Shell station every Saturday to clean my car. Anyone else do this?

Any vacuum/brand suggestions welcome, but also curious what other car accessories Veeky Forums deems necessary.
>besides black ice.

Get a $50 shopvac on amazon. It's insanely overpowered for the price. The motor also doubles as a blower if you want it to. Shit is nuts

Why would you keep the vacuum in your trunk?

Why not in your fucking house and then clean your car when you're home?

I have a rechargeable hand vac mounted to my garage wall for little quick shit. Works the charm.

The Shop Vac QSP2 comes out for "goddamnit" jobs.

This

Just get a good shopvac and it can be multi-purpose. Small vacs tend to not clean 100% while a shopvac S U C C S everything.,

Because I have plenty of space. I'd be able to clean whenever I wanted to.

Then put a shop vac in your trunk

Badabing! Done.

And toss in a pressure washer as well, because fuck giving quarters to the car wash.

what kind of lifestyle are you living wherein you are subject to needing to vacuum your car on the road?

youre a retard OP. a fucking 10 dollar vacuum bought at fucking KOHLS is 100% going to be a total gimmick and not work at all.

Get real op and be a man, Buy a ShopVac

Yeah, kind of. I had to spend $90 to get a decent cordless. Anything less than that is pretty much junk.

This. Do you have a lot of ashes / seeds in your carpet?

I can understand op wanting a vacuum in his car. My driveway is dirt and it's impossible to keep the floorboard clean for any longer than 2 days.

However you guys do have a point about the $10 vacuum. Its not going to clean much. Then again it's just $10 so its not like op is wasting a lot of money

>Any vacuum/brand suggestions welcome, but also curious what other car accessories Veeky Forums deems necessary.

A shopvac in your garage is better than a toy chinese vacuum with very little suction that won't pull dust with static cling embedded into the carpet. And weak suction means you have to stroke back and forth a lot of times when the shopfac sucks it out right away.

Shopvacs also have attachments such as the narrow crevice want. A weak suction toy vacuum can't develop much suction in a crevice wand.

A wet/dry shopvac can also work as a spill cleaner or car fabric washer. Empty out the container of dust so the liquid doesn't make a mess. While drizzling clean liquid onto the dirty car fabric the wet/dry shopvac sucks out the liquid. Eventually the seat is cleaned. Dump out the liquid in the shopvac and rinse out in the driveway. Rinse out the shopvac hose too. Leave it all open to dry out. Nice. No need to rent a rug/spot cleaner machine to clean the car of a milkshake or soda spill or from your kids vomiting on a seat.

I even use my shop vac for yard work. I shit you not. The fucking thing sucks up leaves and various debris with no issues at all. They are too big for the filter so it just drops to the bottom of the bin and can easily be emptied once I am done. I am constantly amazed by the utility and power of my shopvac

hook the hose up to your car's intake and clean away :^)

Get one of these OP.

Im a constructionfag and we beat the shit out of these vacuums. We use them to vacuum concrete chips/dust, vacuum up water and muck.
1/2 my coworkers are mongoloids and tend to kick and toss the vacuums around and they never break.

You can switch the hose to the exhaust port and use it as a blower too.

do those turbine powered brush heads work well for interior cleaning? the people I live with already have a shop vac

>I even use my shop vac for yard work. I shit you not.

Same here.

A neighbor once spilled fertilizer on his lawn. He was grumbling about having to water the fuck out of the lawn soon to prevent it from burning a hole. I told him to get his shopvac and pick up all the spill. He was amazed at "outside the box" uses of shopvacs. Of course he did it. He emptied out his shopvac first so that he could then save the fertilizer for reuse elsewhere.

Saves time. Saves money. Saves tedious effort when the vacuum is strong.

Too many cheap-ass chinese companies got in on the action and made toy version vacs for sale. Some are physically large from 4gal, 6gal, 8gal, 10gal, and 12gal like a normal shopvac But they are cheap ass loud motors that burn out fast. Costco tends to sell better tested versions while Sam's Club sold the nasty chinese ones that stopped working in a year of use or so. There were enough complaints Sam's seems to have stopped selling them for quite awhile now.

>do those turbine powered brush heads work well for interior cleaning
What kind of interior cleaning are you going to do?

If you mean wall to wall interior carpets, then a genuine normal vacuum cleaner is good for that.

kek

OP, near me there are a lot of $3 car washes with free vacuums.

You drive up, vacuum for free, and then you are forced to continue to the carwash area where the cheapest one is $3.

Folks sometimes turn around and leave after vacuuming, but the $3 car was is touch free, and pretty good.
I go through once a week, and vacuum all I ever need.

Yeah, I have an older Shop Vac QSP10 stainless steel. I've abused the fuck out of it, including vacuuming mice and nests (!) out of the insulation of my old hot tub. It still works like a charm. I love it.

tip: get a stainless steel or spun plastic filter for wet loads. Also consider ear protection if you are going to use it a lot. Power = loud.

(fwiw: when mice are sucked into a shop vac they go "FfffwooP!" kek)

>when mice are sucked into a shop vac they go "FfffwooP!"
You really should have made a youtube video of that, user.

this, i had one at a car wash i used it to vacuum literally anything liquid, including diesel and water mixed together

Probably a road stoner in a weed illegal state

This. Even if you want to cordless handheld, no self respecting adult male does not have a Shop Vac. They're just too damned useful. Get a good one and it will last you forever.

>I want to keep a small vacuum in my trunk
I don't think you really need to keep the vacuum in your trunk. Having a vacuum in your garage is good enough. You are home enough of the time anyways to vacuum there instead of vacuuming on the road at some parking lot with people wondering what you are doing there.

If you don't already have a shop vac type appliance in your home garage, it's a good time to think of one. They can be bargain priced when places like Costco sell them. Or you can get them from Lowes or other discounted home improvement stores. It's hardware stores that sell them at the higher prices.

Another advantage of certain stores like Costco or Lowes is that they provide some sort of minimal performance testing of the products they sell before they allow it on their shelves. Sure, walmart tests things too, but Costco and Lowes seem to have a greater regard for their brand names as sellers of products that won't let you down with a thud several weeks later.

And of course, a shop vac should be purchased with the ability to suck wet things such as liquids. Not just suck wet things like damp dirt or leaves. It's why you have to read the descriptions of some of these chinese-made products. They really aren't meant for liquids.

Having a wet/dry shop vac really is a plus for a garage especially if you like clean car fabrics. You can also keep your garage floor a lot cleaner and avoid tracking so much dirt or dust into the house. Well, I have a no shoes policy inside, so I always avoid tracking outside grime into the house. Everyone has to switch to either house slippers or house socks (deluxe ultra thick socks from Nordstroms retail store).

I wish there was such a thing as a "quiet" shopvac. All of them make ten to fifty times the noise of an indoor house vacuum. And my house vacuum has more suction than the shopvac. I can say fifty and not be lying because a friend has one expensive one $539 that is whisper quiet. It has a good suction but is not much louder than a whisper. It's much quieter than my new car idling.

>Then put a shop vac in your trunk
Seems that carrying around more baggage than necessary just wastes trunk space. Vacuuming is easily done at home unless you live in an apartment and thus need some portable handheld vacuum unit.

OP didn't mention if he lived in an apartment or if he had his own garage which could make use of a shopvac instead of a toyvac.

>Because I have plenty of space. I'd be able to clean whenever I wanted to.
You already have plenty of space in your garage. It's better to keep the vac there so you can also clean the garage and mud area before you go to the house. And using a vac after servicing is a useful thing just as blowing the underside semi dry after you rinse the winter road salt off is a good thing too.

>Anyone else do this?
If you live in an apartment complex.

First thing's first, buy a house like a real man.

Not good if you are still planning on switching jobs for awhile.

>First thing's first, buy a house like a real man.
First things first. Try and enter the lower middle class. House payments, property taxes, utilities, house insurance, crime problems, and maintenance expenses add up. Some people who buy a house end up losing it two to five years later due to a downturn in their lives. Those people really should not have bought because they didn't have enough financial and recovery time leeway in their lives.

But some homeowners will rent out a room on craig's list to help defray the cost of a home. In such a case, you can research those places. If they will let you vac and change the oil in your car as long as you don't make a mess, you can go that route if you don't have a lot of extra stuff that requires having a whole apartment to hold it all.

This. Got a nearly new rigid for 25 bucks on craigslist

Why not just use the same one you use for the floors at home?

Plug it into an extension lead and don't spend money on a new vacuum cleaner or fuel hauling it around everywhere.
A small cheap domestic vacuum cleaner has no problems sucking up gravel from the driver's footwell.