/acg/ - Armored Core General: AC6 Hopefully Soon Edition

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.
We can talk about Ace combat as well and puchi posting is fine too.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin: pastebin.com/z1bJS9gF
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially complete recommendation pastebin:
pastebin.com/Wjv8sukr

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI

Understanding Last Raven technical stuff.
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

AC Webm collection download.
dropbox.com/s/eh12d8bhn4o5t3p/AC Webm.rar?dl=0#

Other urls found in this thread:

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30176578
twitter.com/AnonBabble

evenin'

Stay alive acg

evening

I'll try and remember to bump but i'm playing the new Dota 2 update and it's fun as fuck.

>VISAGE BIRDS MOVING AT THE SPEED OF AALIYAH FRAMES

WE LITERALL ACFA NOW

500% walrus punch.

No idea if you guys know about this guy, but he's been doing 8bit arrangements of AC songs, and they're pretty damn cool.

nicovideo.jp/watch/sm30176578

I listened to one of them when ranker posted it in the last thread.

Boxy, spiky, or sleek?

Sleek.

Bump.

boxy

THIS ORBITAL FRAME LOOKIN ASS

Bump

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

bump

Bump.

Well, Veeky Forums seems to be calming down a little.
Depends on the spikes.

Bump.

So, I tried installing mechwarrior 3 and 4, and my computer constantly kept blowing up on me, just one error after another. It's very unfortunate, as I had heard good things about it. Gonna be quite a while before I figure it out.

oh well. Back to Armored Core.

Bump.

Bump.

>Armored Core General
Dead game general?
Jokes aside, why though for real? Is there a title upcoming? Was there a new one recently? Which game do you fucks even play? I love Armored Core don't leave me in the dark you dirty mechaniggers

Just a head's up guys. I might not be here for a bit. My power could go out due to a past bill, and work hasn't been kind lately.

F

We're as dead as it looks, we're just too stubborn to die.

AC6 was recently "confirmed" in interviews, as in From said that they would make another AC eventually. There hasn't been any actual news or announcements though.

Yes.
Because.
Looks like it.
Kind of.
Verdict Day happens every now and again. Sometimes For Answer happens on Sundays.

How does stability work in 4/FA?

Boxy or sleek. No spiky unless they're alien robots you are intended to destroy.

Newest game was 2013. People still play it, even though the servers are region locked. JP server is active, INT server requires having friends and networking because the matchmaking system makes it really hard to get a match, even when people are online. Tournaments are held, people post youtube videos, there's an active community still but it's not as good as it was 6, 12, or 18 months ago.

People still play the 4th gen games (2008) online too, and fight clubs are held every now and then.

And someone set up PC multiplayer on one of the older games (Last Raven, 2005) recently too.

/acg/ is more dead than the series is. There's still plenty of players (probably ~150 a week on the PS3 side, about 25 of which are actually active) but all it takes for the thread to die is ~5 hours without a post in early mornings when EU and NA is still asleep.

Same as in NX-LR. It's a flat value with stagger breakpoints. If your stability is higher than a weapon's impact, you won't suffer stagger from firing a cannon or being hit by a weapon. Stagger is basically a 1-2 second window where your AC is stunned mid-air and you can't do anything.

About 30% of the threads hit bump limit, when that happens there's about ~50 unique posters. It seems more dead than it is because they're not online at the same time, reddit or discord is still where most of the AC community hangs out, mostly because of big split caused by 4th and 5th gen where some longtime players decided they would rather stop participating altogether than try out a new formula. /acg/ tends to favor 4th gen, reddit heavily favors 5th gen.

I wish we could all settle our differences and enjoy each game for what it is, though I understand the risk of turning /acg/ into a gay hugbox with no dissenting opinions allowed, so I'm definitely torn on what we should do.

Where did this divisive mentality randomly come from? We discuss every AC game here, I've never seen people collectively hating on one gen over another. There's usually actual productive discussion when someone has negative opinions on a game. Do we even browse the same /acg/?

He may be confusing /acg/ and /v/, because while here we accept and love all gens as expected of knowledgeable AC fans, most /v/ posters despise 5th gen and think 4th is the pinnacle of the series.
I haven't been to reddit's AC board so I have no idea what they like.

How the hell does the barren, poisoned earth support such a large population of flamingos?

You could already go hours without finding a CQ match on International in mid-2014.
I don't even want to imagine what it's like now.

>/acg/ tends to favor 4th gen
Nigga you wh
>He may be confusing /acg/ and /v/
Yeah, there we go. You get it.
Anyway, I'll continue this post in a bit because right now we're, like, second from the bottom of page 10.

user is right. The divisiveness isn't particularly strong over here because the ones with the strongest opinions on the subject also have very strong opinions on Veeky Forums and thus never come over here.
There's also a part of the story that's being left out. Armored Core has been a very divisive series for quite some time. As far as I'm aware, this started with Nexus, which changed 3's formula just enough that it set people off in a fierce way. Of particular notice were booster heat and it really was a little too high in Nexus, but it was still an important balancing factor, the machine gun nerf I will never understand why they also hit chainguns and slug guns with the magazine thing, and the removal of OP-I. To this day, some of the old guard swears up and down that Nexus absolutely and irrevocably killed Armored Core. They started to lose traction when it turned out that Ninebreaker was a pretty good tournament game and a lot of them were drowned out when Last Raven came around.
Anyway, then 4 came along and Armored Core was dead again. Of course, plenty of people played it, but to the veterans who had stuck through the entire series, it was too much change and they didn't want to have anything to do with that, so Armored Core was dead. For Answer dropped and gained significant traction with people who had either never heard of Armored Core or maybe played 2's demo on that one demo disc everybody seemed to have and thought it was kind of cool. And let's face it, the control was much better than 4. Those old standbys were still balking about the death of Armored Core, but FA was being played a lot
Then came V and everything went to hell.

So now we have the old guard, who are just as staunch as ever, but in addition to that we have loads of people who were brought in by FA now declaring that V is nothing like what Armored Core should be and that AC is now dead. Lines are drawn in the sand, V's conquest mode flops in a spectacular fashion, and the cherry on top is the way Namco bungles the management of V. After all, nothing says, "dead series is dead" quite like the publisher doing nothing to support the game. Now, VD managed to bring some people back in, but at the end of the day, nobody is really budging on the whole "Armored Core is dead" thing. After all, change is bad and [GAME] was the perfect Armored Core game and they never should have strayed from [GAME]'s formula.
Also worth noting is that it's much easier to sit around and whine than it is to give a game an earnest chance.
The risk is overstated. There's no reason settling our differences and dissenting opinions have to be mutually exclusive. That's just the refrain of people who aren't interested in discussion in the first place.

One last safe heaven for flamingos?

>I haven't been to reddit's AC board so I have no idea what they like.

It's mostly one or two people spamming Twitter retweets from the JP community, and episodes of Lets Play type things.

>Intelligence Union
huehuehue
Man, Heavy Object would be a lot better if the lead pilot girl had some personality.

The girls are just there to be waifu and haremfag bait, the clear focus is on the guys.

That's my point, if you just rely on CQ or matchmaking then you're fucked. You have to plan ahead and network with people and set up fights ahead of time, you know, like how it used to work before everyone relied on matchmaking.

JP is still active for CQ matchmaking as long as you're not playing during JP working hours.

Yeah, I was talking maybe more about /v/.

You guys do post more 4th gen memes and lore than you do 5th gen, though.

God I can't wait for the next FM game and Battletech. I got a mech boner because of Battletech coming out next year.

I've gone hours without matches outside of JP dead times as well.
You know it's time to jump ship when the core feature the game is built around becomes unusable.

5th gen doesn't have any memes or lore worth posting though. I can't even name any characters from gen V that weren't a part of the main story.

Bump.

Bump.

>You guys do post more 4th gen memes and lore than you do 5th gen, though.

I will say that is because 5 doesnt have many small details like 4 gen had, or some extra info about everthing, also the plots, in both 5 and VD, were more like "mercenary slice of life" that at worst just fought some evil group withouth anyone noticing it; also the lack of cooporations and they manufacturing parts, to talk even what company is best just by their parts or something.

In all fairness, I try to post about plenty of genres. But currently I'm obsessed with replaying through the first 3 ACs, so I don't have time for memes.

>I don't have time for memes.
>memes

do we really have memes? at least in the modern way of popular jokes?

I think we have a few memes.

Bump.

I want to see someone record a playthrough of Last Raven and beat a path using only the base AC setup you get at the start of the game.

What kinda sadist would do that?

Me.

Too good for this world, too pure.

What was his fucking deal, and why did nobody kill him sooner? Did Malzel and Thermidor just fucking ignore his genocidal tendencies?

Anyone get a weird error when trying to access the catalog for Veeky Forums?

I think he hid his powerlevel while he was in ORCA.

Yeah, but it goes away for me. Fucking nipMoot.

But surely they must have all heard about Liliana beforehand.

Press F to pay respects

4th gen has a lot more going on in the background
5th gen is very straightforward in its story telling and the most interesting things in its lore are its connections to 4th gen (and the other gens to a lesser degree). Maggy's character arc was great but there's not much else to 5th gen characters.

Pretty much this. Do you actually remember any of the enemy AC pilots from the V era other than the major story NPCs like Maggie and Chief? Of course not, because they were either recurring important characters, or they were Literally Who with no dialogue, no background, and no relevance to anything.

Meanwhile, 4 era has weird shit like Shinkai where the dude only has two or three lines of dialogue between both games, yet has a deeper character arc than the entirety of ACV's cast combined.

It's hard to really pinpoint what exactly it is that separates the two gens story wise. I think it's just bad directing on the V era.

That's possible. Leviathan path isn't very difficult, the hardest part is not running out of ammo since the base AC is too slow to really chase people down, so you waste a lot of missiles and shots.

I wish I had a senpai as kool as Shinkai.

Shinkai wishes he still had a senpai

T R U E D E S P A I R