/gowg/ Gears of War General

December 6th Update: gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/gears-of-war-4-title-update-2-december-6th-2016/366859c8-f9ca-4475-90b3-0976acff9676/posts

Available December 6th for Season Pass holders as part of the early access Developer Playlist*, Glory and Speyer will also be introduced into free public playlists on December 13 and Gridlock and Relic will be removed.
Read more at news.xbox.com/2016/12/01/gears-war-4-december-update/

>Information regarding Gears of War 4
pastebin.com/kEd89b2n (embed) (dev blog links)
gearsofwar.com/en-us/developerblog (blog pages include art and videos)
pastebin.com/r75cDpuS (embed) (all exclusive pre-order, rewards and promotional content info)

>Gamertag List (you can request being put on the list from this page)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iwt78Sa0c3wV3Nen3fm-4LY5aRA6_G5xuIerZ7bR4Og/edit#gid=0

>Gears of War General Xbox Club
Download the Xbox App BETA from the store if on PC. Both Xbox and PC search for gowg on Xbox Clubs.

>Join the /gowg/ discord to chat or play with us
discord.gg/f9HCYCP

Other urls found in this thread:

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/rude-messages/0ea36a95-f1b2-45a8-b0d2-a0f4f8fd202a/posts
youtube.com/watch?v=35WgpMq6e3o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i leave for one hour and you niggers let the last thread abort

it's happening again, all you asleep or playing the game?

the community is dead

online? Yeah, in game? Nah, still finding matches constantly, Gears will never die, but these threads will.

This

i meant on Veeky Forums

>/hg/ is laughing at us again

I just want my fucking packs

Post horde loadouts so I know what to use

gearsofwar.com/en-us/forums/e9b54fc61eb74ad783d533ca502b0132/threads/rude-messages/0ea36a95-f1b2-45a8-b0d2-a0f4f8fd202a/posts

Jesus, man.

This general doesn't deserve to be so dead.

What are your assumed clear rates of public horde on normal difficulty, for each title? (without quitting or failing a wave)
Mines
1.0 30%
2.0 35%,
3.0 10%

No clue but I'll be damned if someone doesn't leave every game before wave 10

Update fucking when?

I'm hoping at about 6amEST, if not then 12ish probably

Grinded out 15000 coins for a total of 25k saved for packs in the last two days... the cancer ive seen....

PACKS FUCKING WHEN?!

I legitimately punched through my wall in a burst of anger last night after a particularly cancerous game of Gridlock

Didn't realise how easily drywall can cave in, I didn't even hit it that hard. Now I have to go pop down to the diy shop

>Got 48k coins in 3 days, around 11 games of Horde

You're slacking, user..

>living as a wage slave
I can't help it man. Uni is a joke and im considering grabbing my certifications in some programming languages and calling it even.

If it's anything but C++ you're wasting your time user.

Some faggot on the gears forums is saying he "played with the deva and chatted to them in party and asked a few questions" and supposedly the packs will be out "some time this month, definitely not today"

Ansi c, python, html5, ruby, perl, c++, assembly, and matlab

Currently studying software engineering but just dont care anymore

Right with you there.

We did Java non-stop in Year 1, a tiny bit of HTML, then MySQL in Year 2, more Java and starting on C, then now I'm doing C++ and Java now for this semester.

At least I'm off for 9 months now to go on placement

How is my sql never messed with it
Also plan on picking up some java texts to start dicking around with.

It's ok.

If you're just querying a DB it's fun to mess around and try and get the fastest query possible.

What I hate though is to shoe-horn it into projects just so I can fill a checklist

I have 14000 credits when they release those packs?

t b h I don't actually know.

They prematurely released the packs last week, which shows that they're good to go, but if they were they'd announce the date and whats in the packs and the prices, so judging by that now, and some user saying that the packs are out this month, not week seems that they might detail the packs this week and release them tuesday next week on the run up to xmas and have the packs last till new years.

that suits me better honestly, i finish exams friday and i have to sort out my moving house on that weekend aswell.

Well at least this didn't get archived in a record 6 posts like the last one.

>no boxes today
Come the fuck on this better be bullshit

he isn't wrong

I have 900 scrap, i hope to fuck UIR niggas can be made thru scrap

youtube.com/watch?v=35WgpMq6e3o

>the coalitions new theme song

Lmoa you know they wont

at this rate, never

this general only has like 50 posters tops

soldier
+3 nades
plant 6 nades
+40% damages with nades
hammer of dawn level 2

faster running speed
larger shotgun mag
more ammo
general discount
melee damage

use this goyim

swap shotgun damage or health regeneration with pickup distance if you're playing insane

and this

why not decoy discount?

depends how you like to set up i guess; i don't build enough decoys to justify a card slot

>not having pick up distance by default
nigga you crazy

>no pickup radius
Those Bronze strats Andy, interesting

Decoys are pretty useless imo.

I'd prefer cheaper sentries for the Bosses.

i had pickup distance before i maxed speed boost, but i assume they save about the same amount of time

gold 1*
we're equals now bazzanova

I'd trade out Shotgun damage for the radius, the shotgun's useless on higher rounds anyway.

Not that it matters since the Foundation strategy is the objectively best way to do Horde for the forseeable future, now level the HoD to 5 like a good boy.

foundation strat?

horde is for cucks learn to wallbounce faggots

t. silver 1

how bad does someone have to be to be in bronze?

Very

like shit, I lost all my escalation placement matches just trying to get them out of the way and I still somehow got silver

You try playing Social on PC man.
>Every "good player" is a living sponge from mexico or germany
>You'll hit a 12% point blank shot while he gibs you
>He'll gib you from a distance you can't even 4 point someone from.
I prefer horde until crossplay is available, it's fucking pathetic how bad the connection issues are.

And to add on, these same players will have magnetic bullets, they don't even need proper aim to gib you.
I've caught this happening to me as well, there are some shot's you'll hit that you do not deserve to hit, like you'll miss most of your shot and you'll gib them anyway, and these connection superheroes have that advantage as well.

>call a guy a faggot on the forums
>entire thread gets deleted
Hilaruois

Hilarious*
Fucking phones

>Queue for Hardcore Horde
>Default emblems
>Requeue
>Someone brought his fucking GUEST.
Why

>play normal horde because need to get back into swing of things

>level 1
>doesn't even make it to level 3 by the end of all 50 waves
>constantly wastes money on weapons and tries to buy fortifications
>buys an overkill as a heavy

it's like that on xbox too
>standing point blank behind a guy that's not moving
>shoot him 4 times
>nothing
>he turns around
>shoot him 1 more time
>gibbed
had he killed me I would have whipped my controller through my TV

>See a split screen duo in a lobby
>Check their characters
>Both default JD
>Check classes
>Engineers
>Requeue

>join match with friend
>3 teammates are all JD with default everything
when will it end

new boxes when

I made a somewhat decent guide on how to do the Foundation strategy in Horde on Insane since some user asked on how to do it, it's done in 10 minutes in Paint so bear with me.

TC didn't patch the glitch to even get out of the map in TU2 so I doubt it'll be fixed for a while, just don't show this guide to your barber. I doubt they'll address spawntrapping since that's not a glitch, just an exploit.

Games usually take 74 mins and grabs you 100k+ XP and 3000+ Credits, without any bounties, I use the 1k 1-50 Insane Credit Bounty since I'm Re-Up 10 but a 75k XP bounty can be used and will rank you up faster than any other method (except the Sniper Strikes obviously).

The host HAS TO BE THE SCOUT since they're the only player staying in the game at the start to pick up the power and then when everyone rejoins, they bring an extra 1k each. So a game will start with 1 Scout and say 4 heavies, then the 4 heavies leave, then swap to their classes, then join the Scouts invite back into the game and then you're ready to go.

Also, the Class specs that say for 2 Heavies is for the fastest possible run, heavies arent needed but the Turret Damage is really damn helpful. A high Engineer is needed, even a level 1 Soldier with a 4/5 Hammer can be used, Scout has to have the deposit and radius though.

holy titties how the fuck did someone discover this

update when

maps are out btw

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE BOXES
YOU SAID THERE WOULD BE BOXES

>TFW the gearsmas packs have the only swarm character I've actually wanted to unlock but I cant do it

what character?

I guess no UIR boxes?

doesn't seem like it but developer playlist is still running.

when the fuck is the update? They said it was today
then again
>3 hours behind
fucking worst coast

There is a Loc-...Swarm grenadier with red holiday armor

Sounds neat

Fuck me I wish I saved more for the packs, I was only able to get 9 and the only uir character I got was the fucking female. What did you guys get so far and how many packs did you get?

Wait the UIR packs are out?

Yeah but it says they're featured, how long do the featured packs normally stay?

Not long enough
How much are they???

I want to go home and play gears

Favorite character?

M8 pls

400cr

Fuck yes
If youre not lying you made my day

I'm just messin with ya, rook

Fugg you, im desperate, i had a feeling anyway.

Paduk

He was pretty good, one of the few good things from that game

Do swarm have retractable benises?

Well, they did used to be human so...maybe?

if there is not some sort of tripfag drama or some dedicated none game related posting, any general will die

This, except for /twg/

>Play social on speyer
>Everyone crowding the fucking salvo spawn on my team
>Get crushed, ragequit
Why, why in THE FUCKING WORLD, WOULD YOU GO TO A WEAPON SPAWNED THAT'S HARD COUNTERED BY THE SNIPERS THAT IS GIVEN TO EACH TEAM.
Some people just have 0 fucking game knowledge and I wish they would just fucking die in their sleep.

you have to try to be bad to get bronze, the average player that isnt a retard gets silver, decent to pretty good are gold, anything better are onyx and diamond, with diamonds having horseshoes up their asses or just autistic or exclusively play in a team

sweet, wanted more players on them

wait a bit till people get acclimated to the map, most people are retards starting out

I got silver 3s for almsot everything even though i did good in all my matches and won them
Depending on the game type of course, i didnt even try in escalation, i hated it

escalation is pretty shit game type

Execution > guardian (gears 2 version) > annex > wingman >everything else

might have to do with quality of competition as well, beating up on bronze and other silvers isn't the same as beating on gold and onyx, although sometimes the way they play it should mean something
none of it matters unless TC would tell us how it works
escalation would be fine if it wasn't so damn long, also damn you for makin me 'member how awesome gears 2 guardian was, sans all the glitches
fuck 'em, they're a bunch a queers anyways

This was for the placement matches though.

>most people are retards starting out
>Open tac com
>See shock nade, Salvo at choke point
>Or
>Or...
>Sniper, frags at choke point
>Hm.....
Do people really need to think this one over even if they're new to the map?
The game has been out for a decade now, if you can't solve this one in a nanosecond you may just be brain dead.