Why does the "American cars can't turn and are only fast in straight lines"...

girlDog
girlDog

Why does the "American cars can't turn and are only fast in straight lines" meme still exist when tests have been proving the exact opposite?

GT350R will walk a new NSX around the track but get destroyed in the 1/4 mile
C7 Grand Sport is faster around Willowsprings than anything with under 600HP but is almost 4 seconds 0-60
Viper ACR setting track records but is drag limited to 177mph
Camaro SS 1LE keeps up with the M4 GTS despite costing a third as much, having less aero and power, weighing more, and using street compound tires

All these cars are track queens but none of them can get close to an 11 sec 1/4 mile

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0

happy_sad
happy_sad

Butthurt and/or jealous third worlders and eurocucks

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

ll these cars are track queens but none of them can get close to an 11 sec 1/4 mile

Except the ACR does 11.6s and Grand Sport with the optional auto and PSC2s does 11.8s. Also, even the Ponycars are doing low 12s which is close to 11s.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

I don't know where that meme started. My shitty old S10 blazer could take turns are 2.5x the speed limit and could almost keep up with STI's on the tight mountain roads. I'm pretty sure It'd destroy any 70hp euro clown car on a tight road.

youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0

Even these ancient land yachts can "turn"

Illusionz
Illusionz

Have European cars just got shitty?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

All these cars have naturally aspirated engines and manual transmissions rather than turbos and DCT, so they sacrifice more impressive spec sheets in favor of being actually fun cars to drive.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

It's because old muscle cars (and some more recent one)don't corner well

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Mechanical grip does not necessarily a good handling make.

Soft_member
Soft_member

My shitty old S10 blazer could take turns are 2.5x the speed limit and could almost keep up with STI's on the tight mountain roads.

That's a hard pill to swallow.. maybe american dogumi actually could be a thing.

massdebater
massdebater

American Dagumi would drive a Mustang SVO

80's shitbox styling
live rear
noodle chassis
4 cylinder
small(ish) and lightweight(ish)
hatchback

Pretty much an AE86, with extra weight offset by turbo

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

I always walk around and inspect my car now because back in the day I used to snap the lug studs quite often because I took corners so hard. 200hp with a lot of torque and 3800lbs is still a decent power to weight ratio for a shitbox.

Even big ass trucks are fun on gravel and logging roads, they handle good enough to get yourself into some serious trouble.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

On the touge in America the fastest drivers are diabetic grandmothers in their ferd super dookies.
The slowest are liberal cucks in their Subaru Outbacks.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

this, it's all sour grapes

massdebater
massdebater

Where are the butthurt Europeans? Where are the memes? Where are the straw arguments?

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

GT350R will walk a new NSX around the track but get destroyed in the 1/4 mile
no it wont

Booteefool
Booteefool

918more than one second faster from the next car
GT3 RS that high with "merely" 500hp

What sort of black magic does porsche uses for their cars?

takes2long
takes2long

they use gold from kikes teeth they collected during ww2 in construction of the car

w8t4u
w8t4u

It's kraut space magic, I ain't gotta explain shit

Skullbone
Skullbone

The priuses aren't slower?

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

I used to snap the lug studs quite often because I took corners so hard.

I find it difficult to believe that a street tire compound would generate enough grip for that.

True enough that shitboxes can go stupid fast if you want them to, but I haven't yet seen one take a corner at 125 MPH on a mountain road. Maybe the speed limits are just higher here tho.

Skullbone
Skullbone

because most American cars simply cant turn

even the ones that do just have lolwide tires and downforce which make anything handle

likme
likme

If it was that easy then why isn't a track focused m4 gts fast? They have to be doing something right.

Methnerd
Methnerd

European sport cars are about prestige while Americans sport cars just do what they are suppose to do which is being fun.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

M4gts produces 90kg whilst a viper acr produces over 900kg. Also bmw is shit at making perfomance cars.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit