Why does the "American cars can't turn and are only fast in straight lines" meme still exist when tests have been...

Why does the "American cars can't turn and are only fast in straight lines" meme still exist when tests have been proving the exact opposite?

>GT350R will walk a new NSX around the track but get destroyed in the 1/4 mile
>C7 Grand Sport is faster around Willowsprings than anything with under 600HP but is almost 4 seconds 0-60
>Viper ACR setting track records but is drag limited to 177mph
>Camaro SS 1LE keeps up with the M4 GTS despite costing a third as much, having less aero and power, weighing more, and using street compound tires

All these cars are track queens but none of them can get close to an 11 sec 1/4 mile

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Butthurt and/or jealous third worlders and eurocucks

>ll these cars are track queens but none of them can get close to an 11 sec 1/4 mile

Except the ACR does 11.6s and Grand Sport with the optional auto and PSC2s does 11.8s. Also, even the Ponycars are doing low 12s which is close to 11s.

I don't know where that meme started. My shitty old S10 blazer could take turns are 2.5x the speed limit and could almost keep up with STI's on the tight mountain roads. I'm pretty sure It'd destroy any 70hp euro clown car on a tight road.

youtube.com/watch?v=31JgMAHVeg0

Even these ancient land yachts can "turn"

Have European cars just got shitty?

All these cars have naturally aspirated engines and manual transmissions rather than turbos and DCT, so they sacrifice more impressive spec sheets in favor of being actually fun cars to drive.

It's because old muscle cars (and some more recent one)don't corner well

Mechanical grip does not necessarily a good handling make.

>My shitty old S10 blazer could take turns are 2.5x the speed limit and could almost keep up with STI's on the tight mountain roads.

That's a hard pill to swallow.. maybe american dogumi actually could be a thing.

American Dagumi would drive a Mustang SVO

>80's shitbox styling
>live rear
>noodle chassis
>4 cylinder
>small(ish) and lightweight(ish)
>hatchback

Pretty much an AE86, with extra weight offset by turbo

I always walk around and inspect my car now because back in the day I used to snap the lug studs quite often because I took corners so hard. 200hp with a lot of torque and 3800lbs is still a decent power to weight ratio for a shitbox.

Even big ass trucks are fun on gravel and logging roads, they handle good enough to get yourself into some serious trouble.

On the touge in America the fastest drivers are diabetic grandmothers in their ferd super dookies.
The slowest are liberal cucks in their Subaru Outbacks.

this, it's all sour grapes

Where are the butthurt Europeans? Where are the memes? Where are the straw arguments?

>GT350R will walk a new NSX around the track but get destroyed in the 1/4 mile
no it wont

>918more than one second faster from the next car
>GT3 RS that high with "merely" 500hp

What sort of black magic does porsche uses for their cars?

they use gold from kikes teeth they collected during ww2 in construction of the car

It's kraut space magic, I ain't gotta explain shit

The priuses aren't slower?

>I used to snap the lug studs quite often because I took corners so hard.

I find it difficult to believe that a street tire compound would generate enough grip for that.

True enough that shitboxes can go stupid fast if you want them to, but I haven't yet seen one take a corner at 125 MPH on a mountain road. Maybe the speed limits are just higher here tho.

because most American cars simply cant turn

even the ones that do just have lolwide tires and downforce which make anything handle

If it was that easy then why isn't a track focused m4 gts fast? They have to be doing something right.

European sport cars are about prestige while Americans sport cars just do what they are suppose to do which is being fun.

M4gts produces 90kg whilst a viper acr produces over 900kg. Also bmw is shit at making perfomance cars.