Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #816
Festive Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)
Always run as admin.

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information:
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
Append I Info: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/append/index.html
Append II Info: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/append2/index.html
/aa2g/-Approved Pre-Installed game: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.torrent
Manual Install: sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=481633
Manual Install for All Updates: sukebei.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=1189198
Character Database links:
no-info.no-ip.info/aa2-archive/
178.140.224.56/aa2/index.html (non-javascript version still works)
archive.org/details/AA2DBArchive.7z (complete old archive)
web.archive.org/web/20160624174959/http://no-info.no-ip.info/aa2/ (fake cards, look for older versions)

Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: tsukiyo.me/AAA/d3d9.dll

Please read through the AA2 pastebin for mods and info (READ BEFORE ASKING):
pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
FAQ Image (READ BEFORE ASKING): i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Installation Guide (Manual Install): pastebin.com/YCrkrDh2
Supplement to the Install Guide, with Pictures: imgur.com/a/KZYsw

/aa2g/ Modder's Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and more):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

a.uguu.se/4WO8tJmSxLzQ_StellaU3.png
mega.nz/#F!IZs3VY5b!axfi9mlecCwLDdvpvIIbzw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sup

Delicate, Joyful and Ordinary in the OP today. Associated stock on the rise! Buy! Buy! Buy!

Post sluts

>Database is still down

Why does only one dude have a peeper in the yaoi mod

I haven't decided if I like this front hair yet or not.

Cuck post a picture of the girl with the stars in her hair

>tfw you will never go to a festival with your waifu
>tfw you will never fuck her in the forest next to the fairgrounds

Because you didn't get the dick fix

Feet on pillow is my trigger. Get feet away from my pillow or else!

that is not your pillow unless you decorate your room like a girl

Is there a pastebin for AAU? How do I work this thing? Read the readme and know how to inject it but that's about it.

what do you want to do with it?

Are you telling me there aren't any cards of Macross Delta characters?
exploitable prince Heinz when

Make them yourself.

What are object overrides?

Can you get tears from spoilerAL?

allows you to override a specific object(read: a frame on the objects tree) with another object, acquired from another .xx. Can be used if you want to, for example, make eyelashes colorable or add elf ears. You need to extract the .xxo file from the .xx first with the new tool: XXObjectExtracter.exe. I've included a .bat you can drag-and-drop your .xx onto for convenience.
Check this card for reference
a.uguu.se/4WO8tJmSxLzQ_StellaU3.png

not this again.

>fat

I've been bored and I figured I would make non-short versions of the class. For those who have a guilty conscience.
>implying

Repost for the new thread:
>AAUnlimited test7 build:
mega.nz/#F!IZs3VY5b!axfi9mlecCwLDdvpvIIbzw

Those who downloaded test7_unstable are strongly advised to update.

What's new:
- Some sliders
- Pose selector in dress-up screen
- Object overrides
- File shadowing sets
- Colorable tans
- Double click on an override rule now fills the fields in some tabs
- misc fixes

Details are in the readme

Complain here if stuff is broken or you get crashes. The more you complain the more we have to fix.

body sliders don't work on male models do they...

Some do, namely total body width and all the dick sliders

haven't played in awhile is this a mod or an update?

From now on I declare you to be a horseface user. Wear this title with pride.

It's an update for a mod

Head length 25 cmon dawg thats barely pony face

It's more about eye position tho.

the nose is too low

Can't be helped.

idk maybe her eyes are a little high. Its more about combating big forehead. I prefer less forehead in most cases so its a price you have to pay.

been away for a few months and went through the pastebin again.. has anyone made a kemono furry mod for this yet? i know custom maid 2 has it.

don't think so, I just want tails

That's a damn shame.. anyone that's familiar with modding these nip games willing to try doing a kemono skin mod + tail some how if i were to pay out of pocket for your time to do it?

so what can you achieve content wise in aa2
is it just romancing your waifu at school and then boning at school?
can you visit their houses? talk to others?

It's about being comfy with your waifu. AA2 is a medium for escaping reality.

is that the entire feature list?

Speaking of pastebins, whatever happened to the schmuck who was making the cleaner pastebin?

Is he kill?

As far as we can tell, are tans still single color with this? Or does this allow for fantastically designed tans that you color in the tan bmp files and then make the tan white to retain their colors, like eye textures?

Not at the moment.

Gameplay is pretty similar to the Sims.
Walk around, talk to people, build relationships and get comfy with cute girls doing cute school things. Then watch it all fall apart and get stabbed to the face because you boned wrong girl, or five

H-engine is good enough and there is some actual gameplay to get there. Every morning you pick who you want to be. AI does horrible things with the rest. AI shenanigans are imo the best part of the game, people pairing up, lewdin everywhere and ruining your carefully crafted harem in one single day if you give your "main" to it

Getting all comfy with waifu is one way to play AA2.
I use it more like some twisted social experiment.

he died but his little stunt got the current pastebin to remove its meme title so that's progress

can you explain all these different overrides? archive, mesh, object, what do they all actually override?

She seems pretty happy for someone who can't take the stress.

Were there any dog like ears in HEXA hair or OC packs?

All ears are in HEXAHP and HEXAOC. As for what is a dog ear, that is up to you.

I was thinking floppy ears , but the only ones I found are these which cant be colored. Guess I'll have to improvise

And forgot the image

Those are it. Some people also use the "cat" ears as dog ears.

I installed something wrong...

Yep. You broke your nude body sviex. Reinstall your uncensor.

No tot vip hair package

Own transplant

Looks too small ~ but also to adjust

You are correct, found a post on Hong about telescoping legs. I installed the wrong uncensor, Thanks.

That looks very similar to the Rem headband from 2chan that didn't get released here.

>entire feature list
>What's new:

they're single color and there are a few more caveats. The tan's resulting color is heavily dependant on the skin color, at least its saturation and brightness.

- archive overrides let you replace any file in any .pp with a loose file of your choice. By convention we keep them in data\override\...
- archive redirect is the same as above but you borrow the file from another archive instead
- mesh overrides provide you with a list of all the loaded textures you can override, e.g. hair highlights, sclera and so on.
- object overrides:

Mesh overrides -> textures in an xx
Object overrides -> any file in an xx
Archive overrides -> any file in a pp
Is that right?
Can mesh overrides be called texture overrides, to be more accurate?

Mesh overrides -> override parts of a mesh(specifically texture)
Object overrides - override objects(so far only frames with attached materials and meshes. Can't override just the materials, for example)
Archive override - override files in archives(.pp are considered archives in this case)

So while not exactly intuitive they describe what they do, rather than what they accomplish.

Visually they can be renamed but it will either become inconsistent with the code(it still gonna call them what they were) or there'd have to be a lot of changes and that tends to add bugs at best and crashes at worst.

I've decided I hate this

I definitely hate this

I can follow it from that perspective I guess. The texture one is the one that bothers me the most but materials can't really be replaced and replacing the actual model of the mesh is probably beyond the abilities of AAU.

>replacing the actual model of the mesh is probably beyond the abilities of AAU
that's exactly what object overrides do, with the materials attached. E.g. this card replaces the regular ear models with elf ears. For another card I borrowed a colorable eyelash and it grabbed the material as well so material replacing kinda works but it has to be attached to a mesh. Lots of things can be done with it which before required you to make a new .xx file and use it as an archive override.

The mesh overrides term bothers me as well but at a glance the change just isn't worth it so I changed my interpretation instead.

By that I'd meant inserting an mqo file into a mesh frame as an override, not a frame with an included imported mesh, but you're right that replacing the frame with the included mesh gets the same final result. Though that kind of begs the question whether mesh overrides can be incorporated into object overrides eventually.

since afaik .mqo files are the scenes(or just meshes, i don't really know) for metasequoia I doubt they will ever be integrated into the AAU. If it ever comes up it would probably be some more common format like an .obj
What do you mean incorporated into object overrides? Implementation-wise they're very different so merging these two features doesn't make sense to me. Whatever mesh overrides do now can also be done with the object overrides, just with more fucking around. Also I don't know what happens when you import an object with a material that uses a texture already present in your destination .xx(let's say you import a hair strand with a different hair highlight but it's called the same, what happens then?)

>can already be done with more fucking around
That's what I was getting at. And I was envisioning putting both functions in the same tab of AAU, letting you do an either/or type of replacement.
As for the importing question, I'm pretty sure sb3u just makes a second copy of the texture with the same name, since it uses some texture slot system that ignores file name. I could be wrong about that though.

Oh, you meant combining the UI for those two. I still think we should keep them separate for now because you could argue that the same can be done with Archive Overrides so you gotta include it there as well. Long-term solution would be a single Overrides tab where you have an ADD button that asks you for an Override Type(in a drop-down list) and displays relevant input fields accordingly. Then you could fill it with all the general/specialized override types you want. I imagine it's a pain in the ass to do with the current UI tho, it looks like it wasn't intended for dynamic content.

In the maker, if you switch the character state to '1' (clothed) and then go to the body slider, the maker crashes for me.

Thanks, it's one of the two bugs an user brought up last thread. The other one is a crash when you start H with "skip H scene" turned on. Other than that if you find anything else, post here.
Also full disclosure: if you thought I'm hackanon I have to disappoint you

I have never seen joyful do this pose, does anyone have any proof that this is in-fact a joyful pose?

>dick sliders
Im sold.

>if you thought I'm hackanon I have to disappoint you
You're not?
How dare you make a mockery of me! I demand a cute girl as an apology right this instant!

mockery is one of the things that brings joy to my life
here's a qt just for you

So does Unlimited run in tandum with AA2? Does it replace files? If it does run in tandum, will my game go kaboom if I decide to stop using Unlimited after saving a few times?
Do I have to start a new game or can I use Unlimited in a existing save?
Can Unlimited cards be loaded in the vanilla game, and vice versa?

I love the idea of more sliders and customization, but don't want to fuck my (fragile) install in the process.

it won't fuck up anything. It just loads extra stuff if it's present on the card during the runtime. If the card requires AAU but you didn't run it it will simply miss all the extra stuff: tan will become whatever you set in the maker's body tab, extra hairs just vanish, body will be the vanilla body with no additional PHAT that you're definitely gonna add with body sliders, etc.

I think those names are more general expressions than by personality. That, and by every default pose is used in the game.

Can you say that again but a little slower I have no idea what im reading

Thank you friendo.

Not every pose in the first 180-whatever is used in the game.
SAL pose names are not set in stone based on personality that uses them.

>Not every pose in the first 180-whatever is used in the game.
I guess not. I wonder why though, if the pose is in the game why aren't they utilized?

Maybe illusion forgot about them. The world may never know.

Does futa mod add support for short characters using dick/dildo positions? There'd be no other way to make a small shota with actual height difference?

it does not add any animations at all, so no.

Your girl is ugly.

She happy to hear that because she's a masochist, and exploitable

post uglies?

when

Fuck you.

Ok guys its ya boy back at it one mo' time with another AA2 Tips and Tricks Video!

Didja know that if you double click a transferred student slot you can transfer the student out? So you can swap and go on the fly and y'all won't have to keep making new class to spend more times with your girls! Or boys if you're in that kinda thing, yeah!

Thats all from me today make sure you like and subscribe to get more content like this. Today were gonna go for 10 yous on this video so make sure you SMASH that reply button and I'll see yall LATER!