/drg/ Danganronpa General

Don't forget to use spoiler tags (Ctrl+S)!
Previous thread >/drg/ OP pastebin (just copy it and paste previous thread link)
pastebin.com/XYa49a5Q

>DRV3 news pastebin - *Updated 12/12/16*
pastebin.com/n83HpxJC

>/drg/ Poll, paste, and VGL7 match dates
pastebin.com/caNFdzBH
implyingrigged.info/wiki//drg/

>New to DR
pastebin.com/mnduF4qj - Spoiler free guide to enjoy Danganronpa
pastebin.com/MUdQJedT - Indepth gameplay mechanics and infomation

>Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413410

>Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Steam Page:
store.steampowered.com/app/413420

>Danganronpa AE: Ultra Despair Girls is coming to Steam and PS4:
youtube.com/watch?v=VzbIuPpPM8E
store.steampowered.com/app/555950/

>New Dangan Ronpa V3 is scheduled to be released in 2017 on PSVita and PS4.
youtube.com/watch?v=UdGlN0aEG2k

>DR 1-2 Reload coming to PS4
youtube.com/watch?v=6DGuCuHurUk

> DR3 Anime episodes and more
pastebin.com/bvNw28sS

>Kazutaka Kodaka Interviews and more
pastebin.com/QjVqihAm

>DR Manga Scanlations:
shslscans.tumblr.com/current
>DR Manga Collection (Eng): *You need an account to use Batoto*
bato.to/search?artist_name=Spike Chunsoft

>Download pastebin *contains downloads, art assets, sprites, manga, novels, music, anime, media, charts, and icons.*
pastebin.com/6UhFpa8W

Other urls found in this thread:

jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/154416041773/by-the-way-since-you-can-only-play-the-bonus
m.imgur.com/tDMtIOz?r
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

V3 kids will be attending Kibougamine.

S-So.. When do you think they're going to announce the western release date?

When do they even usually do these sort of things, anyway?

Can anyone translate what the red text on the left says? I see a "Mode: in there, but I don't understand anything else.

Komahina is the best and cutest ship.

What class year will they be though?

They're transfer students so maybe they don't get class numbers? Not like Kizakura scouted them.

False.

There was a newsletter that said Spring sometime but I'm not sure if it was fake or not.

Well, I'm not really gonna disagree with you.

Retards at their finest.

>if you ship something I don't you're retarded

>shipping anything
Retarded.
>fujoshit
Retarded.
>you
Are retarded.

Can I ship your mom with a chainsaw?

More like Famitsu was hinting at us getting another IF-like novel for V3. Just like DR2 and AE had spin off novels included seems V3 could go the same way but with V3 character attending HPA because all the game modes feature ALL of the HPA characters from the wording. No idea if this includes AE or DR3 characters.

Here's some more for the road.

>including DR3 characters
I know it's a shitty anime, but I wouldn't mind seeing some of these characters again.

>more talented students coming to the school

Jin would be happy.

>More Mitarai

>getting buttmad

Come fight me faggot. Where do you live?

No ma'am.
I want more Boozeman and Seiko. The other ones can come along too, but I'd rather not see Mitarai again.

This is for the demo right?

I'd be fine with any of the DR3 characters except Mitarai. Would be fun to have Munakata and Sakakura join your party but Munakata goes apeshit and kills Sakakura and you control Munakata as he fights Despair since Despair killed Sakakura.

No. Extra game mode.

>ablobloblo

Does that mean we get shit with Bandai and Great Gozu?

jinjojess.tumblr.com/post/154416041773/by-the-way-since-you-can-only-play-the-bonus

It's like Kodaka subconsciously knows V3's story will be shit so he brings back HPA characters to make up for it.

I think it's just the DR1 and SDR2 cast.

It's like you are being too pessimistic.

>FF characters

Lol no. As much as I like them their chances of showing up are slim to none thanks to that shitty anime. It's most likely just DR1/2 characters because they have sprites.

is anybody expecting v3 to have a good story? i mean with bad the previous stories in previous games were, kodaka had to make up for it with fanservice and extras to keep people in.

It really is sad tb.h. I thought he really wanted to push something new onto us, but he cowered out at the last minute. Same with the whole "not dr2 related anime" thing.

I want to get locked in an airtight school and fix her with hope. She would try anything and everything to make me feel despair, but I would just laugh it off, because as long as I'm helping her, no despair is strong enough to enter my heart. I'd show her that no matter what she has done, I'd always forgive her. I'd make her food and clean her secret lair, and drag her out to bed if she stays up late. When the nights get so cold that we have no choice but to cuddle together at night for warmth, I'd feel her breath going from shallow to deep as her form relaxes and she falls asleep in my arms. I'd feel her cling to me in the night when she wakes up from a despair nightmare and feel her sob into my chest, first seeds of hope sprouting in her traumatized mind. I'd softly kiss her hair and tell her everything will be okay. I'd take care of her when she gets sick, read all the books from the library and hold her hand so that she can fall asleep. I'd make shitty homemade pizza for her and stay up late with her watching dumb movies, and feel her cuddle up to me when she can't stay awake anymore. I'd teach her retarded drinking games and show her how to play pool in the rec room.

One night, she silently sneaks over to the kitchen. A shining sliver of a blade extends from her clenched fist when she walks into my room. But her hand stops, centimeters away from my chest, and begins to shake violently. Something is wrong. One by one, her trembling fingers let go of the hilt, and with a soft thud, the knife falls onto the carpet. She throws herself on me and buries her face right where the knife should have gone, Clutching at the fabric of my clothes. Her whole body shakes feverishly and I scoop her body into my arms and tell her that everything will be okay, just like usual. Her silent sobbing turns to wailing that echoes out into the dimly lit corridors beyond the door.

She would finally be cured of despair. Because the only thing she can't analyze is love

I'm willing to give this a chance, but the more I see the old cast the more I think he might've copped out and rehashed a lot of stuff. Let's just hope that this game will make us question why we liked the first two games.

So much for "no HPA characters except Monokuma".... this game being something NEW is looking more and more like a lie.

If anything, it will make me question I even liked this series in the first place and not dropped it long ago.

The first game was good, save for the ending. The second game was complete trash, save for the ending. Everyone wanted to see more of class 78, not some new retards nobody knew anything about.

DR3 was good, save again for the endings. Kodakas problem is that he is too scared to pull big twists and interesting storylines. DR3 in the end did nothing to advance the class 78 or 77 storylines.

And now again we get a new class

>"The bonus mode is basically a “what if” story featuring characters from the Hope’s Peak Academy series, with various scenarios involving the gifted prisoners"

And a thousand new crossover ships will be born from those interactions.....

Kodaka is obviously going to integrate the SHSL students from both stories into one universe, one timeline by the time he does the sensible thing and ends DR.

>DR3 was good

Hyping idiots, whining idiots, you all suck. Nothing constructive, just noise.

Because the concept is interesting? It has some potential, but Kodaka keeps fucking it up.

I've got to agree with that. It always puzzled me how he could get away with making the same game twice.
I won't lie, I got into SDR2 first before DR all because I saw some shit about it on some website. The character's really dragged me into this series and I feel bad about it.

All I'm saying is I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt here.

>And a thousand new crossover ships will be born from those interactions.....

I have one in mind already.

>Second game was complete trash save the ending
lolwut? The ending is where it fell apart. The rest was a great subversion of the first. Is this Junkofag?

>Because the concept is interesting?

In what way?

Though I agree Kodaka is fucking up whatever potential still remains for these games. It's pretty sad.

>I've got to agree with that. It always puzzled me how he could get away with making the same game twice.

Because he's a hack.

>The second game was complete trash
>DR3 was good

Yeah honestly him doing what he did with DR was complete luck. Not real talent as a writer because we all know Kodaka couldn't write to save his life.

The ending of SDR2 was really good in my opinion. I guess the VR part probably pissed some people off, but it wasn't the offensive until the anime brought everyone back to life

>Look how contrarian i am

i-i'm sure they'd get along great...

>Everyone wanted to see more of class 78, not some new retards nobody knew anything about.
Talk for yourself the second cast is more popular in both west and japan and people forget about them with every new ame.

Fell apart is probably an exaggeration. I liked a lot of it. Just maybe not quite giant Junko and her Junktopia plan. Probably the weakest part of the game was the villain, just like the first one.

They don't have sprites and i doubt that the dev team cares enough for the DR3 characters to create them.

Very true. If everyone is Junko wouldn't that just be really boring for her? It doesn't make too much sense.

Which characters are you going to try to do FTEs with first?

Himiko, because she is gonna get executed at the end of chapter 1.

>m-muh polls say the 2014 cast is more popular than 2010
>obviously because DR2 is better and not because more people started with DR2 when the series got popular

This. The DR3 endings ruined all storylines. Of course DR2 is more popular now because they got a whole anime and got brought back to life. Nothing to do with how good the game was.

Yes

Ouma

DR2 wasn't even that good of a game. Only thing really memorable was Komaeda's antics. But other than that typical of a DR game it was just mediocre. Though DT3 did shit on the game a lot.

>>obviously because DR2 is better and not because more people started with DR2 when the series got popular
Most people got into DR for the anime.

It's a toss up, but I'm going to go for Small Boss and Ibuki 2.0. Have to finish out best boy and girl before the rest.

Man, the day after sleepless night sucks. Maybe getting a 7 would help.

Did you know that DR2 has better reviews in both west and japan? Most people will tell you that DR2 is the best game.
You're just being a contratrian faggot.

>Started with SDR2
I forgot that there are actually people who watched the anime then skipped to the second game, how disgusting

That's what I'm saying. DR1 was really good because it was a new concept in a good universe, but DR2 didn't make sense. Kodakas said himself he wouldnt have killed off as many people if he knew he would be making a part 2, especially the villain, since there are such big problems in the villain department once the "ultimate evil" died

He should have made a SoL/horror spin-off of DR1 with mystery elements and throwbacks to the first game. And the while hope vs despair thing needed to be addressed better.

Did you also know most people have an iq below 100?

I want to play galaga with my chiaki-chwan!

>in a good universe
If you consider only DR1, It doesn't make sense how a fucking tennager model destroyed the world.

Chiaki a cute!

And sexy?

Or were the duck HPA gets money with all that shit considering that is free school for talented people.
Most of these things gets answers in sequels/extra material.

>what is suspension of disbelief
DR3 was the part that ruined it, before you say anything

Yeah, That doesn't explains shit about how she gets all those robots.

>everything must have a perfectly logical explanation and must be explained toe as well! Otherwise I can't enjoy it
This is the true autism, not the shitposting about waifus
Like real clinical autism where you have no imagination

So you accept Sakura being a superhuman, monokuma a supernatural demon and Sayaka being a mind-reader, but you can't accept ROBOTS?

Despair Souda?

Or how she erased memories and why are a gambler,a delincuent and fat otaku selected to be protected as the hope of the world.

Can't disagree with a 7

If you mean the Monokumas seen in DRAE and Monokuma from DR1, they were made by Chihiro and Monaca in the past.

>Considering only DR1

You were the faggot saying that DR1 has a good universe that made sense. I was just pointing out that that isn't true.
If i like logical storys i wouldn't be playing DR, Those games are just dumb fun.

I just arrived now, but i am talking about the Monokumas of DR1 and DRAE, there is an explanation.

I know that there is a explanation but like i said only consideing DR1.
The game never explain were she got the moeny to make those things and Chihiro is a programmer not a mechanic.
We get the explanation for that like 3 years after the first game.

>You were the faggot saying that DR1 has a good universe that made sense.
You are clinically fucking retarded because you can't even read
I said "new concept in a good universe"

Explain what is a "good universe" for you.

High school girl brings world to despair via her fursona.

10/10 Story of the Year

>Everyone wanted to see more of class 78.
I don't really give a fuck about them. Why would anyone want a franchise about the same characters every game instead of new ones?

Well, if you consider DR1 alone, it kinda leaves a few holes open, just like the SW original trilogy, having a missing movie would be lacking.

A "few" is being generous.

>>m-muh polls say the 2014 cast is more popular than 2010
>2014
SDR2 is from 2012 user.

So, who do we play as in the bonus mode?

Tokomaru happy ending!

Dark Angie
m.imgur.com/tDMtIOz?r

>people were having a good conversation about series.
>I need to shit in the thread.

It's not wrong if I say that I think that the introduction of DR3 future side was one of the most hyped shit ever with the return of Naegi as the MC, a new death game and the introduction of the Forbidden action?

Fucking hell... it could have been great. But in the end, it become Town of Salem/Mafia if the player were complete retard..
But again, Dr is literally Missed opportunity:The series

>good conversation

Nigga i was part of the talk and this was just like talking with "Junko is a lolsorandumb villain" user from /v/.

Angie would never kill anyone, Kami-sama wouldn't like it

AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! IT'S AN ANONYMOUS IMAGEBOARD!!! NOT EVERYBODY HAS TO BE PIGEONHOLED AS [x]-user!!!!