What kind of cool car tech/mods would some Veeky Forumstists be interested in...

What kind of cool car tech/mods would some Veeky Forumstists be interested in? Working on some top secret projects myself but it's cool to hear what you guys would like to see on the market

Other urls found in this thread:

procharger.com/procharger-i1
youtube.com/watch?v=11687nVdzdk
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M670UWI/ref=pd_aw_vtph_107_tr_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DBWBZ89CH7XP34CAFRPS
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I personally would love an aftermarket 2DIN touchscreen headunit that can be ordered with the OEM infotainment system for whichever brand your vehicle is.

Like if you have an older Chevy and want to get a headunit with GM's new Chevy MyLink system.
Also, with USB, aux ports and a CD drive but that should be standard fare anyways.

Or an option to have an Android based system if your company isn't around anymore like Saturn.

Buy a newer car. They all have this standard now adays. Hell, my fucking kia does.

but I don't want a brand new car. I just want the new infotainment system.

I want the option to pay a few thousand dollars less for no infotainment systems or stupid electronic baubles.

But then not find myself in a goddamn sub-rental-tier horrorbox.

That's already a thing though (relatively cheap too). I was thinking things that are expensive for no particular reason, like a lot of performance parts or things that are not readily available on the market. Good idea though

aside from that, I'd love to see more supercharger kits utilizing Procharger's i1 blower. Such an innovative supercharger. To put it simply, there's a CVT transmission inside the supercharger between the pulley and the compressor wheel. This allows it to be the only centrifugal supercharger on the market capable of hitting peak boost no matter the engine RPM.
procharger.com/procharger-i1

I'd like to see i-1 kits for:
Honda K-series
Ford Duratec
GM Ecotec
Opel/Daewoo family1 and family 2 engines
Honda B-series
Nissan VQ engine
GM 60* V6
GM 3800 V6

>I have lots of ideas and plans but tell me your ideas and plans because mine are super secret

you wanna know them that bad big guy?

>That's already a thing though (relatively cheap too).
and of questionable and shit Chinese quality. I want a decent one.

I get what you mean but I feel as if the market for car infotainment is just so flooded at this point. I was thinking more along the lines of a relatively minimalist head unit because I cannot seem to find one that looks nice, almost all radios on the market look like they're straight from need for speed

It's been that way for years.

An alternative to windshield wipers that doesn't obscure your vision.

put rainx in your wiper fluid tank. you won't need wipers most of the time during ordinary road conditions.

well, its time to stop

>What kind of cool car tech/mods would some Veeky Forumstists be interested in?

A hardware/software set containing a visor mounted mini-tablet and OBD2 bluetooth unit. The tablet is configurable to display all sorts of semi-realtime car info from the OBD2 data stream. The tablet can also have a dash mount that fits into the CD player slot.

>questionable and shit Chinese quality. I want a decent one.
The problem is that the mass market only wants to pay for cheap stuff. So not many people want to even try creating stuff for it.

Driving a manual in Northern Canada is hell. How about a block-heater with some sort of additional features that blows hot air into the cabin, so it's nice and cozy when you hop in in the morning.

Better storage compartments, some of us have guns and it would be nice to have a way to lock up your guns in the car or truck

an attachment that sucks your dick while you drive 2bh

>nice to have a way to lock up your guns in the car
The problem is cars have large glass windows. The guns will not be secure if anyone guesses you are a gun owner and thus assumes you may have a concealed weapon aboard. They will then break your window in hopes of finding a weapon in the usual known storage locations for that model of car.

Your best security is obscurity.

>Hence why I don't talk about guns in public/strangers
>Hence why you don't advertise anything about your personal life
>Keep them guesses if you're someone they should fuck with

You mean like a Defa or a Webasto?

Rocket Anti Lag
I'm working on it

youtube.com/watch?v=11687nVdzdk

> Le super secret ebin plans!
> They so secret you can't know them
> Please ask me about my secret you cant know about!
Tel me sekret pl0x.

I was thinking of a way to modify a 13b rotor housing to better modify the oiling system. modifying the oil injectors for a steadier flow or maybe a way to better lubricate the housing with a film of oil.

YEAH, HENCE!

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M670UWI/ref=pd_aw_vtph_107_tr_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=DBWBZ89CH7XP34CAFRPS

You're welcome

>doesn't support android 7
>no cd/dvd player
>no chebby mylink
other than that, it's looks great. How's the reliability on them?

Block elongator.
Mounts between block and head. Increases displacement. Comes with new rods and cylinder sleeves.

In reality:
Putting some yokomamas street slix on my shit box to get hectic in the snow.

>rods
pistons

>adding more head gaskets
>possibly ruining hood clearance
>ruining rev-happiness
WEW
E
W

You don't need the latest version of android on a head unit

>V12 Engine
>Supercharger
>Turbo on EVERY cylinder
>Electric motor used for launching while turbos spool up, or motors on each turbo
>Car is then built around engine and made to be as small as possible

Something like that can only affordably exist in a magic world.

Harry Potter says "Ridiculous!"

8 push-rod v8's strapped into a WW64 40-liter 128 valve monstrousity. Drop that into a Trans-Am.

I have become JP.

Just get a Bluetooth obd2 reader and a vent clip for your phone, I literally do this for a second dash with boost, oil pressure and oil temp.

I want cars to be able to ordered with below base model options, like pick it up with a stripped interior and no factory wheels.

backup camera that streams to your phone without costing $500

>backup camera that streams to your phone without costing $500
With those no cellphone while driving laws, I cannot really touch a "phone type" device in the car if the car is moving. So have to be careful.

Some kind of boost container where boost could be maintained at all rpms. Letting you use a smaller turbo for similar results to a larger one and a smoother powerband

mmm yeah. Make those stupid dash computer things able to do OBDII readouts instead of sitting there showing stupid maps or pidtures or menus. Sure OBDII is slow as fuck, but it's just fine to keep an eye on if oil temp or other oddball things are getting out of hand.

Not him but ya

exhaust onahole

Some cars do already display some OBD2 info. But it is just too limited as if the manufacturer wanted to keep such info secret. I don't know what their ulterior motive is about hiding such info though.

But cars at least now show tire pressure and battery voltage. But the battery voltage is not useful in determining replacement because I have two official OEM batteries. The car design has one AGM sealed no vapor battery in the front hood and a 2nd AGM sealed no vapor battery in the trunk.

So its like a stroker crank except retarded?

>exhaust onahole

Sounds like a way to get aids.

>I want cars to be able to ordered with below base model options, like pick it up with a stripped interior and no factory wheels.

Uh no. They cannot legally sell to you a new car if it doesn't meet the usa gov't definition of a new car. Without wheels it cannot be driven. Ergo not a new car by legal definition.

Just a little drop-down cover for my plates

fuck the tolls, they go right into that fat fuck Christie's pocket anyway

>Just a little drop-down cover for my plates
The chinese made a very thin and small device that slides an opaque sheet of plastic over the license plate and unslides it off when you flip the switch.