Is there an Initial D Abridged? If not, why doesn't Veeky Forums make one?

Is there an Initial D Abridged? If not, why doesn't Veeky Forums make one?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15238839/#15238839
youtube.com/watch?v=iA90PQofzvM
youtube.com/watch?v=vxjLWKU1w10
youtube.com/watch?v=U7Z5rHzT0ZE
youtube.com/watch?v=UuZOnKbrq9M
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uFfLcS0-helr7iQqhNSqVnSaBjbhphPn3EMwZXSsgO0/edit#gid=0
discord.gg/uxe6G
discord.gg/79Ewm
discord.gg/fwWRG5j
pastebin.com/2pzdfn78
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

high school kid delivers tofu in his shitty corolla and doesn't spill the water then uses his muh dorifto skills and muh gutter technique to street race and he wins 99% of the races and he gets a gf who is actually a whore for a rich businessman and after he gets cucked he joins project d and continues street racing

Initial D Battle Stage exists

There was a thread where people were working on an Veeky Forumsfficial dub, haven't seen anything from it in a long time

Abridged as in Team Four Star.

I'm hoping some fan will add Eurobeat to the three Initial D Legend movies. That was the only disappointing things about those movies

I thought someone already did?

They did, it's called legends eurobeat edition. It's online somewhere. It used to be on YouTube before it got taken down

>some faggot gets a shitbox
>drifts because he's a retarded teen
>blows it up
>magically gets a race motor
>is now a winner
>lots of shitty music plays

there you go
no need to thank me

>lots of shitty music plays
>shitty music

Not that kind of abridged, retards:

Abridged as in doing a fan dub in the form of a satire.

This guy gets it.

Bump.

Man, that show really died after Third Stage didn't it?

Autistic kid drives a shitty car delivering tofu everyday on the same route in the mountains for 5 years. He gits gud at it, beats other faggots, blows his engine up, gets a new one, beats other faggots again, joins project dick and again beats faggots.

If I were to want to watch initial d, where do I begin? Is there a website that has them listed in order ?

9anime.to, watch the dub

Youtube. Honestly, the sub version feels better because of the actual Japanese actors. Start with First Stage

Just watch it on fucking youtube

Fourth Stage was solid, but it wasn't the same show.

Fifth and Final were trash.

Because the shit that happened to make DBZ abridged what it was happens only once in a fucking blue moon. The stars had to align like mad for that to come out that good and the chances of any other new abridged series ever being good in such a way is pretty much nil. You'd doubtlessly end up with a shitty cast of poor quality volunteers, shit writers and bad mics.

So, Veeky Forums.

Isn't that the point?

We tried that once, but it died without any explanation. I think someone messed with the google drive where everyone would put their voiceclips into, but I'm not sure

Some user even made a 3D model of a Twingo in the style of the first season and wanted to redo all the CGI scenes, replacing the 86 with a Twingo. He even made a quick little minigame with it

I'd be down for trying it again. I have so many ideas of stuff to do
>replacing Ryosuke's screens with random Veeky Forums screencaps/shitposts
>making the spectators be confused tourists, who talk in different languages about why they're just looking at an empty road in the middle of the night
>Takumi having random thoughts whenever there's a shot of him quietly driving
The list just goes on and on

I'm a mediocre editor, but if you guys ACTUALLY want one I'll start an episode.
Ideas will be sourced from here. I assume nobody else has any kind of condenser mic, so I'll see what I can do about voice acting.

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15238839/#15238839

condenser mics are a meme, no idea why anybody thinks they're inherently better.

especially on this board

it's still shit

the races are truncated so the pacing is off in a lot of areas, i.e. when takumi uses the ditch against dracula or when he spins out against double-crash dude. The movie just goes passes those without emphasis.

Out of curiosity, why does everyone hate 5th stage? I thought it was cool and the music/3D animation was fantastic imo. My only gripe that I can remember was every character looked the exact same

but will Veeky Forums put in fake exhaust noise like the tokyopop dub?

that would be fucking awesome.
>people making loud engine noises with their voice
>unrelated engine noises like from airplanes or boats
>a kazoo, theremin, harmonica, accordeon or other meme instrument
>eurobeat as engine sound, so it overlaps with a different eurobeat song playing in the race
the possibilties are endless

I've got a decent mic though.

Art style was awful, worst of the series, and lost any remaining semblance of a plot.

Fucking this. We can make it blow up like Dragon Ball Z or Yu-Gi-Oh if done right.

This
The dub is actually better for once, believe it or not

aw yeah boi

youtube.com/watch?v=iA90PQofzvM

youtube.com/watch?v=vxjLWKU1w10

youtube.com/watch?v=U7Z5rHzT0ZE

youtube.com/watch?v=UuZOnKbrq9M

So.... do we use the files that are already on this drive? Do we start from scratch? Do we even do it?

>abridged series
anonyouaresuchafuckingfaggot.jpeg

bump

Thanks.

it's a shame how the original series had the worst 3d but the best editing

Sign me up f4mberlamborghini if you ever need a whiney fuck.

>Intial Dub: The Abridged Series
Sign me up senpai

>whiney fuck

We can have you as Itsuki.

What can you bring to the table, senpai?

hey, is this going anywhere? i'd like to help if i can.

Making a little google sheet for a bit more oganisation.

I will share my thoughts when I'm done.

[anticipation intensifies]

1/2

Alright, here's the starter doc. If you think I should add something, feel free to tell me.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uFfLcS0-helr7iQqhNSqVnSaBjbhphPn3EMwZXSsgO0/edit#gid=0

DISCLAIMER: I am merely putting the idea together. I just like the idea of a dub, so I'm taking initiative to kickstart the project. I am not claiming to lead the said project. I also do not possess any of the skills needed for the creation of the dub(such as video editing, mixing or sound editing)If anyone wants to take a part of the project, simply do so. I might do a script probably. My accent is too thick for english VA anyway.

I thought that doing a whole episode would be too much of a hassle and it would present a lot of problems and might get dropped half way in, so instead, it would be a good idea to just do a scene for starters. I looked at the episodes and the outsiders from stage one mocking itsuki's 85 is a prime candidate. Not too long, not too short, and it has 5 roles(+1 if we actually do engine noises)

Basically, it's open for everyone. You can use a nickname we can use to identify VAs and fill in what roles you want to do. Could be one, could be two, or it could be all. I don't care, we're just having fun. It would be best to do your part line by line, so you won't need to start all over again if you mess up, or if you think you can do better at one part. Submissions for voices will be in the same way dodek does them for "Veeky Forums sings". Just record and upload, but just do it in parts like I said before, because it might help with the editing. Speaking of dodek, it would be great if he can join in with sound mixing.

2/2

As for any people wanting to put scripts together, use a pastebin to publish them. It's a good idea to download the exact episode, so we could have the exact timestamps that we will work with. See for how long the characters speak, and work with that, so the lines can match the original ones. Now, if there is someone with the editing skills to repeat frames, so we can have the scene as long as we want it would be great, but if no one steps up to that, work with what there is on the episode.

That's all for now. Another thing that might be a good idea is to set up a discord, so we can meet up and arrange stuff faster, and have an alternative, if the thread gets archived, shitposted to oblivion get deleted.

That's all for now. God help us to see this through.

And if anyone know people who did anime dubs, feel free to ask them for advice or pointers to share with us. I have no idea what I'm saying after all.

I've never done anything of this scope. But I've got a decent mic and lots of time on my hands some basic editing knowledge too.

>equipment, free time, and some form of experience

More than I've got. I think we can do this.

Initial D legend movies then

2/o/17.

Perhaps we should make a discord as well as to have a more clean approach to communication.

Fuck, an ideas guy. This is exactly the kind of out-of-the-box thinking that will get you a promotion, Johnson.

Let's set this up.

discord.gg/uxe6G

Here's a link to a discord for anyone even remotely interested in helping the cause.

>Tampering with that which is perfect

>people telling me fifth stage was the worst
>finally finish fourth stage
>first episode of fifth stage
>that fucking Gas Gas Gas moment

instead of dorifto, we say dorito

bada bign bbwader bwingbuam

Discord link is expired

discord.gg/79Ewm
Sorry about that here is a new one that won't expire

The first two episodes were the apex of Fifth Stage. Everything else can be classified as filler, except for the gf story that doesn't even really matter.

100% agreed.

that one expired too
rip

Swear to God I set that one to never expire but I'll keepem coming
discord.gg/fwWRG5j

Don't let this thread die

Pop culture references and memes were what really made yugioh the abridged series for me. Luckily those seem to be in high supply here.

It should be kept fairly close to on topic though, and play off rhetoric actual characters themselves as in DBZA. Case in point being really any time Freeza and Goku interact at all.

I haven't watched the dbz abridged, but here is a script.

pastebin.com/2pzdfn78
R8, H8 and masturb8.

Takumi's art went from being the visual representation of not giving a fuck to DRIFTO ANIMU LEAD

Definitely agreeing with you on that. I think it's important we don't lose the story. I want it to be comprehensible to someone who isn't an Veeky Forumstist

We are going to be making these threads pretty regularly. Also hopefully have something to show for it in the future!

!!!

solid work