>Fallout 4
>General Information etc:
pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository (Mods & Rips etc):
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc

>VGU (Rips):
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>How to Convert Skyrim / Oblivion / NV / FO3 etc. Models to FO4 & Bodyslide Guide:
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

Other urls found in this thread:

fogmods.weebly.com
mu6.me/135858
youtube.com/watch?v=tvtX-QZkzYU
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18946/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20097/
youtube.com/watch?v=DNOY2duwaK4
nexusmods.com/games/news/13000/?
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20595/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Butts!

pre-war thread

whoops!

That waifu is enormous!

post bare butt

NV > 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

My waifu is pure! She only dresses in the finest garments!

OP, you forgot the fogmods-thing, just a heads up for future threads you may post~

Honestly,

NV > 2 > 4 > 1 >>>>>> 3

fogmods.weebly.com

Easy mistake.

I remember in another general where I'd forget to take away the (embed) that shows up.

Nah, it's:
NV > 2 > 1 >> 4 > 3

I'm going to assume it wasn't gameplay stopping you from enjoying 3, as
>NV #1
so, what was it? If it was what you perceived as "lacking" RP potential or shitty lore/world building, then I've no idea how you can like 4 so much more as it's the same fucking shit

mu6.me/135858

How good can a modded NV look?

Alright.

youtube.com/watch?v=tvtX-QZkzYU

It can look incredible, truly outstanding even, when in stills. But in motion? Ehhh, its animations are getting quite dated nowadays

Great. I looked up "New Vegas 2016" on youtube and kept getting these videos with washed out colors that looked gross to me and/or supermodel looking females.

Sadly, no modlist can be found on that video, just the ENB.

I don't mind that.

Scratch that, found the modlist.

Thanks again for the link.

Yeah was just about to say it's in the description.

Just curious, how many guns do you carry when playing FO4? I've always carried 6 to 9 at a time, specifically more late game, to constantly cycle as necessary. I suppose in Survival you only run around with two or three at most given that ammo has weight?

What's the Stakado ENB equivalent for FO4?

Rifle, sword and nades.

Melee, pistol and rifle.

>9
d i s g u s t i n g

>long gun
>sidearm
>melee/unarmed
>throwing knives/grenades/mines (only a couple or one even of each)
>special/heavy (ONLY when in power armour)

this was how I played NV/TTW, too

2 > NV > 1 > 3 > 4

Not even memeing here.

Like 6-7

yep

You can use Outfitstudio (or whatever the program is used to port stuff) over items from 4 into 3/NV right?

I wanted to port over the bowler hat.

>Have a type of character I want to roleplay/playstyle I want to try
>Oblivion's graphics aren't good enough for me now
>I want to play him in skyrim but I know the world too well and everything feels too predictable
>There's also the SE bullshit
>It's hard to roleplay in Fallout 4 and coming back to the graphics in NV is turning me off

what do I do

I usually have one small automatic, a suppressed pistol and my AT rifle.

How do I get all the gold bars out of dead money?

>coming back to the graphics in NV is turning me off
see

Slowly

tgm if you're going to "game it" that much any way

This. It's the same as those people that make XP farms with cages. Might as well just use console commands to give yourself the perks/XP.

Then you're doomed.
If graphics are too big of an issue for you, play something else. Most, if not all, good RPGs are going to be a lot older than Oblivion/New Vegas.

Ugly

I like Pillars

(not that user)

It's not exactly a feast for the eyes, and to be fair, if the user I replied to is moaning about graphics, isometric games certainly not going to be his thing.

In survival does anyone ever cap their character off at a certain level to prevent high level stuff from spawning?

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/18946/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20097/

Pillars is a garbage RPG, KYS.

No, stop being such a fucking pussy.

Why bother? Everything dies practically instantly anyway if you don't have a shit build.

>using these mods
dis
fucking
gusting

What should I be using to install mods for NV? I was using NMM but MCM wouldn't show up when I installed it

Mod Organizer all day every day.

NV > 4 > 2 > 1 >>> 3

>2 above 1
>NV above 2
>4 above 1

na m8 its

1 > 4 > 3 > 2 > NV >= Tactics

I don't get these choices? Is it gameplay based? Lore and story based? Because there seems to be no consistency.

1 for lore
2 for memes
3 for exploring
NV for replaying
4 for graphics

youtube.com/watch?v=DNOY2duwaK4
>oh hey this looks neat
>gunetwork
>Please enter your username and password to log in.

I am
And I picked what I did because

-Fallout 1 created the fucking series, and really defines what it is.

-Fallout 3 and NV have the same shit gameplay/graphics.

-NV gets extra points off for not really advancing anything, or doing anything really new with the lore. Everyone is the exact same as they were in Fallout 2 with no real changes/advancements. They just created The Legion, one of the most poorly made and handled factions in Fallout ever to serve as an antagonist. Fallout 3 alt east tired to show the BoS/Enclave in a new way.

-Fallout 2 had tons of shitty memes, did nothing to advance the gameplay, and generally was so bad even the development team admitted a lot of it was a mistake.

-Tactics was an interesting game, but really didn't sit the tone of the series, and made the MWBoS into giant Gary Stus. The gameplay was also meh at best.

-Fallout 4 took most of the problems I had with Fallout 3/NV gameplay wise and fixed them, and added far more new lore then basically any other game in the series.

I know 2 pushes the memes a little bit to hard but 2 just feels bigger. More settlements, weapons, companions. Ect. But to me 3 is just so awfully written and the morality system is so un impartial.(and does not even give you a choice on which faction to support). one reason I also ranked NV as the highest because it deals with the political sructure of a post post Apocalyptic world.
a little bit of that is true in 4.

>added far more new lore then basically any other game in the series

>about to eat delcious sandwich
>guy comes over and poor motor oil all over it
>"it new don't complain idiot"

>I know 2 pushes the memes a little bit to hard but 2 just feels bigger. More settlements, weapons, companions.
MOAR does not mean shit to me what it handled as poorly as it was in Fallout 2.

MOAR FOR THE MOAR GOD! is the least important thing a game can have IMO.

That's not the annoying thing with gunetwork. Mods are "post locked" meaning you have to contribute to the website it order to download the mods. e.g. 50 posts unlocks the ability to download someones mod. This varies between mod authors. Some are reasonable and some are complete dicks, but I can see why they do it. They don't want people plagiarizing their stuff.

So no consistency then? You seem to dive in between gameplay and story being the most important thing. I generally disturbed that you think changing/adding new things which don't make sense is some how "improving the lore" but then again, that's why you are on the /fog/ hugbox where stupid shit like that is praised.

>Mods are "post locked"
oh god i didn't know that
>They don't want people plagiarizing their stuff.
i didn't think about doing that but now i want to

>So no consistency then? You seem to dive in between gameplay and story being the most important thing.
There isn't one most important thing in a game you fucking niny.

>I generally disturbed that you think changing/adding new things which don't make sense is some how "improving the lore" but then again, that's why you are on the /fog/ hugbox where stupid shit like that is praised.
You do realize the irony of saying that when you yourself are in /fog/ right now right?

Blame entitled console babbies and to a lesser extent the steam workshop. People started ripping off nexus authors mods because they were salty that consoles are shit and can't handle complex mods because they need a script extender.

I'm only here because /cfog/ died.

>So no consistency then
none of these games are consistent in any way aside from 1 and 2 sharing interfaces and appearances, 3 and NV sharing appearances and 4 being a 3D Fallout Shelter

>constant lore inconsistencies that every dev whose touched it is guilty of

and no I'm not praising adding 'new shit that doesn;t make sense' when there isn't really anything that doesn't so please provide us with some, I know T-60 is fucking dumb

> I know T-60 is fucking dumb
Not him, but I never got the hate for T-60

>Resource wars
>Massive shortages of rare materials
>Development on new PA would logically begin after the T-50 was done(hell, most likely before it was done given how development goes)
>They have all these old T-45 suits laying around
>Decide to upgrade them with the new shit they developed to cut costs of having to make a whole new PA form scratch
>T-60 is born
>Boston was a pre-war military test bed hotspot, so it makes sense we owuld see a lot of them there

>They just created The Legion, one of the most poorly made and handled factions in Fallout ever to serve as an antagonist
I thought I'm only one have this opinion.

No, DESU, even Sawyer once commented that Caesar forming The Legion and managing to destroy so many tribal identities in just 30 years was kinda implausible.

Even many NV fags have admitted The Legion just sucked balls.

Well I was browsing /cfog/ for a two months and people liked the legion a lot.

I hate it because in fallout 3 there were brotherhood scribes talking about upgrading their armors
>brotherhood canonically mops up the enclave
>salvages tech from fallen enclave soldiers
>upgrades their armors or makes new ones (T-60)
>would make sense as to why almost EVERYONE on the prydwen has a complete set
>especially when it has visual similarities to T-45 and Porkfire

it makes sense, is lorefriendly and fits in nicely with them distancing themselves from the western brotherhood which has stagnated
>inb4 you can't because no resources
what is the pitt?

also doesn't help that its design isn't even original, its just the T-45 with extra shit slapped on it.

>blame Workshop for how up their own ass GUN are
>when VGU/GUN has been going for seven years

kys

>what is the pitt?
The Pitt can only produce ammo.

We also know the BoS has been expanding their reach across the east coast since the end of Fallout 3.

And Danse tells us his group is the THIRD to be sent into The commonwealth. The first having returned with tons of technology and documents.

It makes sense they either found some T-60 somewhere else along the east coast, and/or used recovered tech docs from The Commonwealth to upgrade their T-45s into T-60s

The problem here is that you have answered a lore fault with pure speculation, which is the basis of most 3/4 apologists arguments. If there is an actual in game explanation that makes sense, then I'll buy it, but pure speculation doesn't mean shit, and I doubt the writing staff at Bethesda are clever enough to write feasible explanations when it's them who fuck up the lore in the first place.
>inb4 "you're just speculating about Bethesda reeeee"
Maybe, but then again maybe not.

And before you start pissing and moaning at me, know that I don't think 1, 2 and NV are perfect games which perfect stories. They have problems, but for me, they aren't as pronounced as those found in 3 and 4.

>it makes sense, is lorefriendly and fits in nicely with them distancing themselves from the western brotherhood which has stagnated
The west coast BoS uses t-50 PA near exclusively though.

Lyons only had T-45s because he was being sent on some massive ass journey across the country so they threw him some of the cheap brand shit, while still giving him the tech he needed to complete his journey.

>can only produce ammo
Which isn't true in the slightest. There is an ammo press for the player to use, but the entire place is a massive steel mill. The raiders of the Pitt are rebuilding the city after Lyon's fucked it up. This is obviously a finite solution because they are melting down existing metal into new ingots.

>The problem here is that you have answered a lore fault with pure speculation, which is the basis of most 3/4 apologists arguments. If there is an actual in game explanation that makes sense, then I'll buy it
That isn't speculation, thats whats actually said in the lore book.

the t-60 started off as a T-45 that they updated, and wound up with something different enough to give it its own number.

>said in the lore book.
art book*

I fucked that one up

I did say also
"If there is an actual in game explanation that makes sense, then I'll buy it,"

It feels far too convenient and fan fiction-y to be a decent explanation. It falls under the same category of "this is the ultimate bad guy" then 2 games later "he was merely a henchman and this new guy is the ultimate bad guy!". It reeks of poor writing, for me at least.

>the t-60 started off as a T-45 that they updated, and wound up with something different enough to give it its own number.
Yes, that's because the suits at Zenimax really liked the new design.

Not a lore reason.

>The raiders of the Pitt are rebuilding the city after Lyon's fucked it up.
You got that backwards m8.

They even point blank tell you in The Pitt DLC itself that Lyons made the city BETTER by killing off 90% of the Troggs/Wildmen that plagued it so that the semi-normal humans could actually build.

Lyons didn't destroy shit, the city was already a ruinous shithole before Lyons came along. All Lyons dd was kill most of the muties.

>"If there is an actual in game explanation that makes sense, then I'll buy it,"
Ahh so the
"I am going to ignore what the developers say so I can shitpost" argument

Nice to see /cfog/ fags are still using that tactic.

>It feels far too convenient and fan fiction-y to be a decent explanation
How is that fan fictiony? Do you even know what that word means?

It makes literal perfect sense within the context of the game unvierse and the resource wars

nexusmods.com/games/news/13000/?

So Darren's shitty game came out.

Shits given by anyone here

FUCKING
ZERO

And the people of the Pitt aren't grateful for his "intervention" because the BoS has inadvertently unified all the raider gangs under a single banner, rather that before where they were all shooting and competing with each other.

Removing the bulk of Troggs and Wildman also didn't do jack when the people who survived the Scourge are constantly getting infected and turning into mutants. If he wanted to remove then, he would have killed off everything and migrated those who weren't infected away from the Pitt to avoid restarting the same process e.g like he did with that black paladin whose name I can't remember.

Although to be fair, that last point is redundant because Lyon's didn't become a goody two shoes "let's help the wasteland" guy until he arrived at DC, which begs the question if Ashur makes his presence known to the Brotherhood, everyone who backed them would realize Lyon's and his cronies are not who they say they are because they have a history of wiping out entire cities.

This is the Fallout General, not Darren Circlejerk General. Please go elsewhere.

And when it fails to make back the money he spent on lawyers to try and sue trainwiz, what then?

> because the BoS has inadvertently unified all the raider gangs under a single banner
No, ASHUR did that.

>and migrated those who weren't infected away from the Pitt to avoid restarting the same process
He did, they outright tell you Lyons took every unmutated child he could find with him

>are not who they say they are because they have a history of wiping out entire cities.
Citites full of wildmen and Troggs.

which would just make Lyons even more of a hero for doing the same thing he is doing to super mutants and synths

If you're going to dense then I can't be bothered arguing.

said it best honestly. They liked the new t45 design and it had become very iconic for them to use, especially as a marketing tool which is why the F4 cover is very similar to Fallout 3's. Problem is, the t45 isn't the most powerful armor, so they concocted this "oh well it was being developed all along and all that established lore about the t51 wasn't true"

It's exactly the same with FEV and Vault 87, and it's exactly the same with the ayylmaos in Mothership Zeta.

usually 4. sniper rifle of some kind, mid to long range semi auto, auto, then ether a big gun, shotgun, pistol, or combat knife.

>Yes, that's because the suits at Zenimax really liked the new design.
You are aware Zenimax has nothing to do with how these games are made and consists of nothing but the people who fund money into Bethesda along with tons of other shit.

Do you REALLY think Donald Trump's brother actually sat down and looked at Fallout 4's PA designed at any point?

>Do you REALLY think Donald Trump's brother actually sat down and looked at Fallout 4's PA designed at any point?
yes

>You are aware Zenimax has nothing to do with how these games are made and consists of nothing but the people who fund money into Bethesda along with tons of other shit.
It's literally stated as such in art book.
Take your fight to Bethesda, not me.

Why does that ENTIRE MAP look SO BROWN???

Not entirely sure you know what "inadvertently" means. By wiping out the individual raider gangs, Ashur could unite the leaderless raiders and turn them into a single, powerful force. The Scourge wasn't aimed to remove Troggs and Wildman, it was done to remove raiders and recruit "healthy" children, and obviously if the Pitt raiders still exist, and are more powerful than ever now that they are organized, it clearly shows he isn't a hero because he fucked up albeit, and here is that word again, inadvertently.

>It's literally stated as such in art book.
Its stated Bethesda(you know, the people who made the game) changed it, not Zenimax.

>orange filter vs green filter
pick your poison

> The Scourge wasn't aimed to remove Troggs and Wildman, it was done to remove raiders and recruit "healthy" children
The game states otherwise, as does the offical guide.

The Scourge of The Pitt was done to retrieve a piece of technology that Lyons knew about.

Rescuing kids wasj ust a bonus.

There also weren't any raiders in The Pitt at the time, it was just wildmen, Troggs, and a few non crazy people.

Raiders, you know, need people and towns to raid to survive, which didn't exist before Lyon's scourge.

Looks like someone's first game in Unreal

updated

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20595/?

alright

which one of you did this