/brg/ Battlerite general

New shit edition

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is a PvP team arena brawler and the spiritual successor to critically acclaimed Bloodline Champions. Experience the unique combination of a top down shooter with a fast paced fighting game. Take part in highly competitive, adrenaline-fueled 2v2 and 3v3 battles.

>INFORMATION
Recent patchnotes:
steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/detail/261603576447635117

Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/504370

Official News: steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/

Official Wiki: battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki

Statistics: masterbattlerite.com/

previous thread ??

I hate Teldo.

its over

ded

>These notes

I dont know why I was expecting actual changes, well it was fun while it lasted

the feeling of poloma

Y doe

>blood priest
actually looks fun with M1 and M2 interactions, too bad they literally gave him lucie's panic and FUCKING DRYAD'S HYPNOTIZE FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK WHY

>ezmo
looks like nothing

>iva
lmao i thought they wanted to buff this character but she's nerfed in most ways

>pearl
i have no idea why but whatever

>taya
x-strike during haste sounds hype, idgaf about the rest

>nothing significant to rest of cast
>no changes to movespeed
>no significant ability reworks
goddamn it

>changes to odeum
for the love of god why

Can you play as the bear now?

no, but you can pay money to ride it

most of the reworks are pretty crazy, they'd have to start adding/removing abilities entirely to get much more dramatic than this

well, at least skins are look fine this time

>got to 4100 and quit, nearly 2 months ago
>only moved down 30 spots on masterbattlerite
It's really ogre for this game huh

>duoQ fags can't abuse the system anymore

>lmao i thought they wanted to buff this character but she's nerfed in most ways
Exactly my thought. The only top level Iva player put a lot of emphasis on mobility and survivability in both 2s and 3s. Now they cut both aspects and give the char some more DMG in return. Dont know about that because none of the changes actually address her issues. Shes still gigantic, easy to hit and punish, but now she will be even easier to tunnel because of less MS, no Aegis, less Shield absorb etc. No idea what this shit is supposed to accomplish.

>The servers will go down for patching at 17:00 CET (11:00 AM EST / 8:00 AM PST)

Rip Iva.

I don't care if the tazer change is strong enough for her to be overall buffed, those nerfs are moving her away from a playstyle I enjoyed.

Don't worry, you can still be a dumbshit and play her wrong.

c u @ LAN

>early access
>nearly every champ is slightly homogeneous to eachother
>no huge changes to really individualize each champ's playstyles

if they're not gonna do anything risky in early alpha, they're never gonna do anything risky in general. it's over.

>Ezmo's Chaos Grip now shows a range indicator effect to all players

>those Varesh changes

>Battlerite is a PvP team arena brawler and the spiritual successor to critically acclaimed Bloodline Champions. Experience the unique combination of a top down shooter with a fast paced fighting game. Take part in highly competitive, adrenaline-fueled 2v2 and 3v3 battles.

i swear a stunlock employee has to be making these fucking threads.

Can't bring myself to care. CTRL+F'd /brg/ on a whim and was surprised to see it exists.

They're not going to make the game any more interesting, any deeper, they're not going to start un-homogenizing every goddamn kit, they're not going to prioritize one queue over the other, they're not even releasing the goddamn game anymore until "late 2017"

This is going to be the next EA zombie game that everyone gets hyped over, spends money on, and gets the rug pulled out from under them when the company realizes that a hit and run is much more profitable than maintaining the game.

t. salty G13 cuck who bought into the hype like everyone else

i literally copypasted it from steam you fucking mongoloid

I have not payed for the game because it's planned to be free, I was looking for its general and "wow, there is one!" but it looks so depressing...why? what's up guys? Serious question, is the game bad? The steam score is awesome...what's happening? they broke everything recently?

>Need to buy Frozen Chests to get new items

HOLY FUCK IS THERE ANY GOD DAMN POINT TO ALL THESE FUCKING NORMAL/EPIC CHESTS I GOT

Game hype died and majority of players left. The devs fucked themselves by trying to sell an early access game instead of going f2p

the short version is that the honeymoon period of the game is fantastic, past a certain point shit starts to break down

this obviously leads to great reviews and good plebbit hugboxes, but retention is terrible and high end players rarely play unless they're streamcucks

The game is decent but held back by numerous flaws. The game has a lot of promise it fails to deliver on because devs are dumb. History shows there's no signs of it ever changing so they only times the threads are active or even exist are when the devs shit out another fuck up for us to complain about.

I'm pretty sure there were supposed to be non-winter items, but they never really outright said so. They said there would be legendary outfits, but it's possible they're all winter themed

You can get them out of regular chests, but the chance is "small" according to notes

Even tho everyone is bitching, we still gonna play tomorrow.
Game will be alive, don't know for how long.
Newcomers will have much much better experience, since the game moves in right direction, but very very slow for alpha/beta testers.
Let's see how they fixed the major flaw which is MM

>We have another thread

And here I thought the dream was ogre.

I'm sure the ranked revamp will give older players a second wind, but there's nothing in this patch that's going to keep them playing the same fundamentally flawed game past a week or two at best.

The only good thing about this entire update is that it will temporarily give people outside of the sekrit inhouse club a chance to play some real games before they all go back into their circlejerk.

>Bloodpriest
wow did they actually try oh wait no theres lucies panic

>emzo
now his gimmick is even easier to maintain and just as inconsequential as before. still a shitty clusterfuck of a character

>iva
what are they thinking
>Radius increased from 0.3 to 0.35.
wow stunlock has such attention to balance detail

>pearl
didnt read just take this character back to league of legends already

>taya
all these t1 brites are great too bad x-strike on the move is the only one getting picked

are they just hoping we forget about jumong?

I'm gonna force myself to climb as high as possible for this first season, but I don't see myself playing this shit beyond that, depending on the next patch.

>all these Brites changes

Damn I didnt expect so many of them. I haven't read the yet but I hope they're fun to use.

W-where are the Varesh buffs/changes/something?

;_;

Balance changes being two thirds of battlerite tweaks feel like such a waste of time. They should focus on reworking the system itself. Battlerite diversity in it's current form will never be a thing.

It's fucking over lad

Varesh is kill

Inhibitor has long been dead

We need to move on

>I'm gonna force myself to climb as high as possible for this first season, but I don't see myself playing this shit beyond that
the fuck
>I'm sure the ranked revamp will give older players a second wind, but there's nothing in this patch that's going to keep them playing the same fundamentally flawed game
Well,i like a lot the idea of "champion of the season".
Players can't abuse duo/triple Q anymore to climb AND we will have separate MMR for teams which is fucking fantastic for 3v3s and 2v2s practice.
I'm kinda hyped for this patch, too bad it will hit in 11 PM in my time zone, oh well

Why even fucking bother, the mount is the only (hopefully) good reward and it's temporary

>Varesh is kill

No! Please tell me he's doing fine, tell me that he's OP. P-please!

Because I'm autistic.

the fuck

varesh is a couple small buffs away from being massively overpowered and unbeatable and it was smart of them not to change too many characters at once

do you like the game?
Why would you play it if not
Varesh is fine, learn his EX and stop holding M1

What do you guys think of the new system?

Is it gonna make BR great again?

seasons are nice, the rest is essentially the same just with more ranks so the casuals can pretend theyre making progress by advancing through 20 different ranks. like platinum rank is in the fucking middle of the ranks even

this system is very similar to LoL's.
I don't mind it, since it's not bad and familiar to a lot of ppl.
The bad things about this system
>During a season, you can not be demoted to a lower League.
so, it's good and bad. Good, that there will be more people at middle/higher leagues, bad that ofc some of this people will be complete shit.

Another bad thing about this system is no mmr decoy.

Also, no separation between 2v2 and 3v3 mmr.

They should implement MMR decay on higher ranks, that should fix it.

this system is very similar to LoL's, except seasons are much shorter.
I don't mind it, since it's not bad and familiar to a lot of ppl.

The minuses of this system are:
1. "During a season, you can not be demoted to a lower League."
There will be more people at middle/higher leagues, but some of this people will be COMPLETE shit.

2. Still no mmr decoy, which is pretty crucial to contain healthy playerbase.

3. No separation between 2v2 and 3v3 mmr.
Nah, it's important even for shitters because you can lose your season rewards if you drop the game for yoo long

its an improvement but theres still everything else wrong with the game and what use is a MMR system in a game with 10 total players

A game with a total of 10 players can never be balanced in MM, that's why you should enjoy getting raped in this game.
It gets pretty boring if you're the one doing the raping though.

>in a game with 10 total players
you can kys already with that shit meme

But user, if I kill myself the game will only have 9 players!

you are fucking retard and you know that

Yeah? Well you're fucking c-cute.

its a literal fact the game has

>ded already
pls no

nobody wants to discuss anything

>tfw they made MM great again
future is bright

Now they just have to take the whole EA for another 20 years and we're saved!

I would pet skulki

well at least now i can play ranked while waiting

Shitposting aside, I think this is going to be a good update, cant complain.

we just expected more radical changes in gameplay and balance, that's it
i hope next patch won't be in 2 months

here i come

They had to remake the whole ranked system so I kind of knew there wouldn't be a lot more, next patch should hopefully focus more Brites changes/remake and I think we'll be set for a while.

This hero sounds OP as fuck
Am i wrong?

I just hope he's fun, balance can come after.

literally a worse version of Lucie.
he's shit.

>>>
> Anonymous 12/14/16(Wed)09:16:13 No.162691438 ▶
> (You)
>literally a worse version of Lucie.

literally never played him

How do I freya?

Is the point of her to try to stack shields forever or is my approach with her wrong? I'd love to stack infinite shields but maybe that's now how I should play her.

i'm not a pro shitter, but there are 2 ways of building freya
1. full incap build with double hammers. Combo hammer>EX E>hammer into the wall
2. stun build with space.

Yes, you stack shields, but you still gonna die without healer

Oh, I always go for the pull&shield Brite.

What do you guys think of the BRites reworks in general?

i can say that those nerfs/buffs are kinda completely random, apart from iva and RK

>more that 12 hours till patch
this thread gonna die isn't it?

You can keep it alive!

Why do you keep doing this to yourself

it's not like there is the point of doing it

I'll let this thread die when we get a decent drawing of Pearl in a micro-bikini.

That's all I'm asking here.

Nobody actually thinks the ranked "revamp" is going to do anything, right? You're still going to have the tiny playerbase once you get past the reddit-tier G8 equivalents, all you've done is added a ton of extra steps to climb on the imaginary ranked treadmill.

How is this supposed to be any better?

>You're still going to have the tiny playerbase once you get past the reddit-tier G8 equivalents
i bet there are a lot of people who stopped playing after unranked was added.
Also a lot of people stopped playing even before that because how shit and unsatisfying was ranked.
Also, no premade abuse in SoloQ.
We will be fine.

That's my point, the new ranked is unlikely to be any more satisfying. TrueSkill is likely the same metric, and while they might hide the number behind divisions, the same shit is still there. Unless a ton of people come back, this isn't some magical fix.

People massively overstate what "premade abuse" constituted, and they haven't even said that solo queue players will ONLY play against other solo queue players, which means you're going to feel like duoing is an inflated number regardless if you're not always matched up against other duo/trios. Which, given the playerbase, you constantly will be.

They didn't fix any deep issues with the game, they balanced by numbers again, ignored the split focus between modes, continued to homogenize the roster, and furthered the skinnerbox grind.

Nothing good is happening tomorrow.

>they haven't even said that solo queue players will ONLY play against other solo queue players
"When playing League, teams will only face other teams and players queuing on their own will only meet players that are solo queueing"

>the new ranked is unlikely to be any more satisfying. TrueSkill is likely the same metric, and while they might hide the number behind divisions, the same shit is still there.

"We've also improved the rating calculations so that climbing the ladder is easier (where applicable)."
"Sometimes you will be matched against players from a different League than you. If you are playing against a team from a higher League, you will get bonus rating from winning, but if you lose, you will not lose rating.

If you happen to play with a player who is in placement, and you yourself is not in placement, you will not lose any rating if you lose the match.
The same also happens if you are put in a team with someone who leaves or disconnects.

If you leave a game you will get a rating penalty.
During a season, you can not be demoted to a lower League."

Did you even read the patch notes or you just came here to meme ?

SLS has said the exact same thing before, no one held them to it, and now they're going to do it again. If you don't believe me, look back at patch notes right after Early Access dropped when they stated that duos would no longer play against duos. That didn't even hold up 24 hours and SLS said nothing, issued no apology, made no correction.

There simply weren't enough people to do what they said they fixed the game to do, and that was back when we had 8k+ daily, not the 3-4k we're hitting now.

Duos would no longer play against solos*
god damn it

Yeah, they probably just lowered the chance that time.
But since premades are now have completely different MMR and the whole system is reworked i doubt that they are lying.

I was expecting Thorn, not bloodpriest. Well whatever, I just hope he's not as rage inducing in this game.

>remember I have this game installed
>queue up, thinking it might be fun
>first game is me at G12 and a player on their second game against a duo of G13s

Now I remember why I left

There are couple of retards in this general, who claims that MM is not the main problem of player's base degradation

>the two immediately BM spin in circles once I die
>win a 1v2 once to go 1-3
>they immediately go full tryhard to kill the brand new player in 10 seconds

Why even queue if that's your goal? What the fuck do you possibly get out of beating people that don't even understand what all of the buttons do yet?

Jesus fucking christ this game makes me mad, I legitimately forgot why I left until it happened again

Just don't play until the patch.
Everyone is obviously waiting for it to hit, and only bored retards are playing