mobile.bg/pcgi/mobile.cgi?topmenu=1&act=4&adv=11478366115794748&slink=gt27t1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mondeo
newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5900151498.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nice Buick.

why?

They're not bad at all and I actually kinda like them, so no I won't

cuz this car seems too good to be true.

right now i can get a '03 2.5, AWD, auto, 195 bhp with 147k km on it for less than $3000

they look fantastic, both inside and outside, and are that cheap

what the fug

Its a ford mondeo in disguise, just be aware of that if you get one.

would that necessarily be a bad thing?

Thats upto you, just don't expect it to be like a real jaguar.

I almost bought one of these. Just be sure to get the supercharged XJR.

Be ready for maintenance costs to double, even if you DIY.

If you by one of these you also buy a Trenchcoat and a Fedora. Dude its a car for 40+ dads. Not for a 20 something single man. Get a sporty or more practical car.

this car probably need some repairs/ huge maintenance

Don't know what prices are like where you are, but they are cheap as fuck in the UK. Easily get a decent one for a grand and there are hundreds of them about in the classifieds.

Biggest issues are the transfer box (look for leaking and listen for funny noises) and rust. The sills have covers on them, make sure to look under them as it can hide and send the car to an early grave very quickly.

They are good cars though, nice interior, drive well, and pretty reliable.

The S-Type is more of a true jag experience with similar running costs. The only downside is that they're all automatic, but if you're considering a jag in the first place that shouldn't be an issue. Cheap as fuck to buy too.

>Veeky Forums, stop me from buying one of these bad boys

Enjoy your FORD MONDEO.

Reminds me of all the people that think they are cool by buying Fiat Puntos, just because the text on the rear says MITO.

Convincing enough?

mobile.bg/pcgi/mobile.cgi?topmenu=1&act=4&adv=11478366115794748&slink=gt27t1

this is the offer i was looking at btw

it's bulgarian, but anyone interested should be able to click through the pictures

>Enjoy your FORD MONDEO.
You say that like it is a bad thing. The Mondeo is a seriously good car. Plus the interior is totally different and the mondeo didn't come in AWD (besides a few very early and limited MK2s)

The mondeo is just another boring rep mobile.

Not a very reliable one either.

I have a an S-type with the 4.2 liter. It's super quick and handles great, But it seems like maintenence is going to be an expensive issue. I prefer my 2002 540i M-sport though.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Mondeo

so all these awards mean nothing? not a loaded question, genuinely asking (OP here)

>a car is "a car for [X]"
>being this autistic

I almost went for one but ended up getting a miata because I wanted something small.

They're well priced but I don't know how easy to work on / maintain.

Neighbour is a car dealer
He's had a few X-Types come through his doors and he was saying that electric gremlins aren't uncommon, rust isn't uncommon and leaky door seals aren't uncommon

At the same time, they don't really go wrong mechanically, but when they do it's expensive

It was considerably better than the competition at the time, and drove better than some of the more prestige brands.

The diesels were money pits I will give you that, but the petrols were solid and OP is looking at a V6 petrol one. Just because it is bland doesn't mean it isn't good.

>Aren't uncommon
Which means they rarely happen at all

Just changed the brakes on mine. There surprisingly reliable.

>ford
>jag prices on parts and labor
>slow
>no mods for them
>unreliable as fuck
Enjoy it op.

I learned something interesting about Jaguar parts awhile ago. Sometimes the shop I worked at would have to buy ZF trans fluid from them since the cars I was working on shared the same auto trans as the Jags and Land Rovers (supposed to be lifetime but they leak where the sensor goes in the trans 100% of the time so you end up replacing it within 30k miles). One time we ordered some fluid and noticed it was almost twice as expensive as the last time. Last time we got Land Rover, this time it was Jag (exact same fluid, different label). Called the parts department, apparently all Jaguar parts are distributed by a 3rd party company to them, while Land Rover is done by the brands directly through dealerships. Even though the cars share TONS of parts from fluids, steering racks, most of the engines, etc. if you buy a Jaguar part it's 50-100% more a lot of the time. They cannot use a Land Rover water pump on a Jaguar for instance even if they have no Jag units left in stock because the part can't be warrantied (the part is completely identical, just different part number).

On top of this all Jags are complete junk.

Unreliability meme, its as reliable as any BMW or VAG.

These are comfy as fuck, my granma had one, the V6 sounds Noice, the auto tranny is shit so avoid it, the Best bet its a manual diƩsel IMO, and you know, british build so... The interior quality is questionable

X-Type is poverty tier, XJ is god mascheen.

but its just a re-badged ford and not a legit jag so its built so so versus complete shit

Get the 3.0 if you get it with the auto trans

tarted up ford contour

If you live in the snow its the best cheap AWD with a 40/60 split.

>Diesel Jag

Are you fucking retarded?

I get people trying to sell their Diseasel X-Types almost as often as V8 Stypes.

They're atrocious.

I got a manual diesel wagon in Germany drove it through most of EU my gf rode the clutch for a 1000 miles, ran it on cooking fat, submarined it twice crossing rivers never let us down until it chewed a front wheel bearing somewhere in portugal. good car.

This jag is nothing more than a tatted up Ford Mondeo, part of the low price range of the mid life crisis.

Tarted*

Might as well buy a fucking Mondeo. Because they're the same.

>as reliable as any BMW or VAG
>reliable BMW or VAG
>reliable
TOP FUCKING KEK.

It is essentially a Mondeo, but looks less bland and has a much much nicer interior. Shame they're not very common with manual transmissions, I'd get a british racing green estate version with AWD, the 3.0l and a manual in a heartbeat. They are cheap nowadays for some reason, they just didn't hold their value.

not OP but should I?

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5900151498.html

Auto, fuck right off.

OP here

surprised my thread is still going strong since yesterday, i guess the Jag catches the eye if people are still coming in and posting ;^)

i still don't get why you people keep saying "if get X car you must be X type of person". can't you just act like a normal person and discuss the technical aspects of the car? it's like those guys who keep saying that mercedes are old men cars

thanks, valuable info

yea, eastern europe, it's why i'm looking into cheap AWDs, winter can be a fucking nightmare here. the alternative i'm looking at is audi a4 quattro, around the '03 as well, but those are a little bit more expensive and from what i'm reading people seem to be reporting a lot more issues with them, some even as worse as whole engine failures, and not uncommon too.

i actually drive manuel, haven't even driven an auto. i agree, i'd like a manuel, but if the offer is good, i would consider auto as well

Assuming it isn't fucked, yes.