What is the highest HP/L output possible for a NA engine?

What is the highest HP/L output possible for a NA engine?

If we're talking road cars it would be the F20 from the S2000 or the Ferrari 458 engine, but what about racing engines? I couldnt find anything related on google.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_engines#1995.E2.80.932005
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formula_One_engines#1995.E2.80.932005

Well motorcycles can achieve 200HP/L, but those aren't required to haul an entire car around.

That was great when they could run through as many engines as they wanted. And they are using actual gasoline. There's probably some higher drag racing figures with nitromethane or whatever.

That's also because of how they rev and no torks. The F1 engines were making 300HP+ per liter because they were hitting 19,000rpm and that factors into how HP is calculated.

>98lbft/litre NA
>no torks

I mean compared to other engines. You can have a 7.3L diesel engine that makes 800lb/ft of torque but only revs to 1800rpm so it ends up with some 200HP rating. Which engine is more powerful, the 200HP bike engine or the diesel engine?

>hurr why does the turbo engine make more torks
show me the NA diesel making 98lbft/litre

>HP/L
Negro pls
Lets talk BMEP as horsepower can be skewed by high engine speed.

The old non turbo diesel vw polo I had felt like it had the tork of a harnessed kitten.
Derv's are hateful if you want to do anything other than be a pain in the ass on the highway.

I admit the 200hp bike engines make more power for their size compared to a big diesel engine. But I'm also saying those high HP ratings on little bike engines come from their ability to rev really high because that is part of the formula for how HP is calculated.

I mean if you have a NA v6 from some sedan that makes 200HP at 7500rpm, theoretically that same engine should make 400HP at 15,000rpm if it is making the same torque the whole way through.

ONLY PUSSIES RUN NITRO METH

Kek

Pic related is about 275HP/l

>makes 200HP at 7500rpm, theoretically that same engine should make 400HP at 15,000rpm
yeah once you dump 100k in to it with overnighted parts from japan

Nascar V8 ----15.7 Bar
F1 V8 --- 15.2 Bar
fc20 --- 15.1 Bar
Cosworth DFV ---13.5 Bar
Sukazi Hayabusa --- 13 Bar
Ford 5.2L V8 'voodoo' --- 12.5 Bar
Toyota BEAMS --- 12 Bar
Nissan VQ35DE --- 10.5 Bar
Dodge Viper --- 9.6 Bar

I did the math and it looks like a well tuned 2 stroke scooter engine makes ~300hp per liter.

BMEPs?

oil pressure switch

Yeah
the fc20 engine is really very, very good.
I'd like to know how those crafty japs managed to get a race engine with road car reliability.
I reckon witchcraft or a deal with the devil.

So this means the that honda got pretty much to the limit in a road car?

1.6-1.7 lb ft torque per cubic inch, roughly 30% more hp than torque max

Oops. I meant 10% more horsepower for every 1000 rpm beyond the point where torque and horsepower are the same

Every single engine was balanced and blueprinted.

what do you think that means?