What's the best credit card you have? Mine's the Black Bull Card, from Merrill Lynch

What's the best credit card you have? Mine's the Black Bull Card, from Merrill Lynch.

i only have one personal credit card, stud. it's called 'president's choice financial' and is issued by a canadian grocery store (not joking). what's your limit on the black bull card, stud?

oops forgot the .png

tell me more about these "free groceries"....

:my nigger side loves free shit:

So, it's kind of like a EBT card but you can also get fucking credit on it?

Damn nigga, I need, like, 2 or 3 of those.

>Black Bull Card
How rich are you OP>

>tfw you have 5 CCs
>tfw 4 are maxed out

American Express Gold Card, received it 2 days ago

Lmfao

You get points that go to groceries very slowly dude. It's a card for poor people.

basically air miles. when you pay at the grocery store with presidents choice debit or mastercard, you get points that can be used to buy groceries. the president's choice company has partnerships with grocery store chains and also produces their own line of food products. they save money by having a table in the grocery store instead of a physical bank, so there are no/low service charges.

yeah i realize that. do you think i should switch banks? i don't want 2 B a faggot.

literally kill yourself

Monzo Beta

Okay it's not technically a credit card, but it's still cool as shit.

>yeah i realize that. do you think i should switch banks? i don't want 2 B a faggot.

Doesn't really matter imo.

Credit card rewards in Canada are very shit-tier, Americans got 3% cash back, we get like 1.5% lol

Hahha u faggots would want the black bull card.

I have a bunch of credit cards and use them depending on what I'm shopping for to get the rewards.

Hahah u would have the beta card

If we're talking things that aren't actually credit cards then my favourite right now is the gold money card.

Let's you keep your savings in gold and then sell instantly on a phone app to load dollars (or other national currencies) onto a card.

That way you can pay for gas and groceries with gold.

What's a good first CC for a 21 year old with like 0 credit history? I keep a pretty detailed record of my spending habits and i want some free air miles.

air mile rewards cards are generally not first credit cards. get one from your bank, use it for a year, THEN apply for an air miles card and enjoy the sign up bonus.

Might get my first card this year. I never really buy anything, so how am I supposed to build credit?

Use it to pay utilities, gas at the pump and for groceries. Just make sure you pay it off quick stud.

Stop calling people stud. It doesn't sound cool and makes you seem like a fag. And not in the cool Freddy Mercury way.

>falling for the credit meme
Enjoy your lifetime of debt slavery faglords

not sure if your new to Veeky Forums, but calling people 'stud' is perfectly acceptable here.

and you sir, are a nerd faggot.

>Not having a positive limit to get free insurance on every purchase and every trip

Does not cost me a dime, stud

Capital One quicksilver. Low credit limit cuz I tanked my credit score with a late student loan payment.

But I am till get 1.5% back which is nice.

>black bull
cucked

Serious question here, why do Americans obsess so much about credit cards? Besides those reward schemes that some cards offer why is it considered "prestigious" to have a high credit limit? If you're rich you wouldn't need to put consumer purchases on a CC anyways so why make a fuss about it?

Adding on to that, why would you even want a high limit? I'm a fairly well off european and I can basically set my limit as high as I want because because the credit card is directly covered by my bank account. I intentionally set it low though because in case my wallet gets stolen I don't want them to be able to withdraw tens of thousand bucks.

Chase Sapphire Preferred famalam. I travel quite a bit and there's no foreign transaction fees and you get a good amount of points for travel.

Also incredible customer service as well.

And it's metal so wagecucks think you are a god.

>having a credit card linked to your bank account

That sounds like a debit card or a secured credit card which is shit. Any fraud on a credit card is 100% covered always, much harder to deal with when it's debit.

Credit cards can be beneficial to people who use them a lot I get a ton of free flights which is great for me. Most people who are rich probably got rich by understanding that everything counts. Also having a high limit is great in case of emergencies where you cant access other funds.

It's a credit card with automatic debit once a month. Fraud protection still applies.

>Credit cards can be beneficial to people who use them a lot I get a ton of free flights which is great for me.

Well I specifically said to disregard reward schemes. These are basically discounts which can be beneficial on an individual level but every economist knows discounts are a net neutral or negative for the consumer overall.

>Also having a high limit is great in case of emergencies where you cant access other funds.

Well I have an emergency fund for that. Also I don't think an emergency net is seen as that "prestigious".

Merrill Accolades for me nigger

Where can I get a card that gives me more back than 1% cash back. I don't travel so air miles are pointless as most of those can only be cashed when you actually travel.

>black bull card
>bbc
what kind of subtle psy-op is this?

OP is a jew.

>1 post by this id.

i have 6 i like my credit union card because i can slide a cash advance right into my checking acount in like 1 minute.

you pay the yearly fee on that ?

Amazon rewards cc. 3% on amazon, 2% on gas, restaurants rx, 1% etc

Kek that's awful.

Yea I get my 2%-1% from monthly expenses food, gas, bills. Pleb on

And I get around 4-5%.

what card do you have?

game over

neat

i can't even max out a single card (it has $1000 cap) what is your secret user?

This is why to avoid credit and debt at all costs YOU WILL BE RICHER THAN ALL OF YOUR FRIENDS IF YOU HAVE ZERO DEBT

credit cards are bad if everyone and their mother has them but very good if only you have them.

What the fuck does this even mean. Everyone and their mother DOES have them. Over 70% of americans have credit cards.

yeah and that's pretty bad for all of them.
vendors are charged 4-6% for the cards on every purchase. if 70% of customers use cc then the prices are adjusted on an average of +3.5% for everyone.
this overhead hurts you more than the rewards you can possibly have from owning a cc at such high coverage.

in my country cc is about 2% of all cards, the price increase on average is negligible and rewards are 3-5%.

Great for you. You're heading in the same direction

not really cc market share has been declining for years in my country. people really jumped on it at first then lot of them burned themselves bad so it's kind of a folk wisdom to avoid them.

i'm doing the exact opposite that poor people tend to do. so i applied for a cc.

you have more than $10 million in assets w ML?

Got an offer for an AmEx card in the mail, but it's the green one. Should I get one with them and hope to get Gold later or just ignore it and shoot for the gold one?

Try for the blue cash or the everyday card

I have the same card. American Express Blue cash rewards. I have had for like 8 years. They are constantly sending me offers to upgrade to platinum or what ever cards. I look through the rewards and those high end cards don't give as much as this card does.

>comparing cards

Is everyone on this board literally Patrick Bateman. I read another thread about hating minimum wage workers. WeW lads.

Amex blue. Only large retail chains accept it because the fees are too high for other businesses. High fees means better rewards

Are you telling me that you didn't choose your card because the color of the card was something called Obsidian Black, with numbers printed in Silian Rail, seeing the subtle off-black bull watermark sliding into a chip reader?