How do I stop being a coward and get good at going fast on windy roads

How do I stop being a coward and get good at going fast on windy roads

I feel like less of a man whenever I turn off to let faster vehicles pass me

Learn proper driving lines and apex attack theory.

Real question here, what do you drive?

2000 Saturn LS1

Shouldn't be that bad.

I'd say buy some gripper tires and just ease into it. I'm not a professional or anything but I'd say the biggest part of going fast is being comfortable with it.

no, no reason to upgrade car.

Get paid lessons from a pro coacher.
It'll make you faster than 50,000 dollars worth of upgrades.

alcohol

Find an big empty airfield, racetrack or some road where there is literally 0 traffic, open corners so you can fly off the corners backwards doing 200 miles per hour safely.

Get some pro driver paid coaching, it should be around 300-600 dollars for you become from dogshit benchracer to amateur. which will do to your laptimes like going from a trabant to an elise will.

Find some real racedriver friends and go learn from them.

Practise and improve.
And accept the fact that it's harder than you think.

Did you remember to turn on the eurobeat?

it works. Some guy beat an mr2 in twisties using an rav4 automatic

probably the guy in mr2 was so afraid of snap oversteer.

Exactly this

Go slightly faster and faster around the corners until your tires start to skid. What that happenes you know your cars limits. Knowing the limits will help with the fear

try to feel the cars limits. get confortable with it. if theres no car try to steer left and right to feel the steering. lol i manage to make my dad angry because when he open the boot he seen the carnage inside from the fast turns in a fucking hyundai accent.
kek mfw he even told me that ive turned lots of lefts. felt like a tofu boy
>eurobeat works

>How do I stop being a coward and get good at going fast on windy roads
drive more fgt

Never drive so fast it gets uncomfortable to you. Unless you want to die.
Focus on getting near the apex of a corner at low speeds to build confidence. You'll automatically get faster with time. You have to know how fast you can go in a corner, everything else is pure stupidity not bravery.

Know at what angle/speed your car loses grip.
Pratice rally cornering (hard braking before turns, hard acceleration after apex)

what does brake fade feel like?

salty tits and coins

Go to a track day or two.

Practice drivong as fast as you can on those windy roads, BUT, never leave your lane. Even if the inside is on the other lane and you can see its clear.

Just drive as fast as you can in those lanes.

Make sure you have some new rubber too.

And start slow, and smooth. Dont smash gas brake gas brake. Be gentle amd get faster.

Yeah, this anons got the right idea. Be smooth and steady, speed will come with time. Just like using a gun.

I usually avoid accelerating into corners until the middle of the turn too. Gives you more control and it'll help you keep from losing it if the car starts to slide.

He suggested a decent pair of tires. That isn't exactly "upgrading" or spending a ton of money, just putting on what you should be anyways.

You don't sound intelligent.

it's when you get bored by dangerous things

I suppose if you want to get some free lessons, go to some rally cross and auto cross events and ask the best driver there you see if you can go on a ride along. Check your local scca event schedule, sign up, and have fun.

For the sake of an example, let's say normally you have from 0%-100% in terms of how much pressure you can apply.

Let's just say you're going 50mph and coming up to a stop sign. You would normally give the pedal 25% (or whatever) and come to a stop. Brake fade is when that 25% can no longer slow you down as quickly as it did. You may have to apply 50% pressure to accomplish what 25% used to do.

It doesn't mean they're ruined, or not as effective. Usually when they cool back down you have your normal amount of stopping power back.

(I may be completely wrong,)

>It doesn't mean they're ruined, or not as effective.
Actually, brake fade is literally the brake pads becoming less effective. You're correct that it doesn't ruin them though

Ok, cool. Thanks for clarification, user.

Also, I meant that when they return to normal operating temperature that they're usually just as effective as they were before you experience brake fade.

Is that correct?

if you do not know the road watch out of decreasing radius turns
late apex might be best
turning in early puts too much pressure on the exit going as planed
trail braking is useful here

brake fade due to pads or linkage failure is one thing
but if your really going to town the surface of the disk melts so the pads have nothing to grip
the clue is the smell of metal vapour

Yeah that's right.
Brake fade happens when the pads/rotor get too hot. The hotter they get, the less effective they become.
Brakes work to slow your car down by converting forward momentum into friction and heat. Race cars use insanely expensive ceramic rotors that can withstand high heat.

grow some balls and attack the corner

The only way to get faster, is to keep driving the roads you enjoy driving. You'll pretty much learn the more you do it, where to push,where to backoff.

But don't do that shit around other people.

The hardest part about driving fast on the twisties is the fear of oncoming traffic, it's way easier if the road is closed

Or at night

dude
weed
lmao

Well now I know, thanks user

why should you be worried about that? stick in your fucking lane.

To add - most, if not all, race pads actually have a minimum working temp. That is, they perform terribly under this minimum temp.

Say you're speeding, doing 180mph.
A. Normal pads bite instantly, but linearly. Probably pretty weak before you come to a stop, if not glowing rotors and probably glazed pads.
B. Race pads bite softly at first, then in a split second have 3x the braking strength of A as they have entered their working zone.

And then there's carbon ceramic pads and rotors like in your pic that practically only work while offloading visible wavelengths.

>offloading visible wavelengths
Kek'd

Watch Initial D.

These guys have the right idea. Although your braking and acceleration pattern will definitely determined by your car.

To be fair the v6 RAV4 Sport is actually pretty damn good for what it is.

bags of sand

Start by delivering tofu around 5AM and have a cup of water filled almost to the brim so you learn to be perfectly balance

Stop being a bitch
You can have all the theory in the world but if you're too afraid to go above 80kmh then Idk bruh bad luck find another hobby

Go faster through the corner each time and when the tires start squeeling you've reached the limit

got a link?

jesus christ

Experience.
Keep driving the same long twisty.
Over and over.
You'll get better.
I've never let a car pass me, because no one has ever kept up with me.
The one time I was hooning with a friend and took lead he ended up in a ditch trying to keep up.
Touge more.
Bitch less.

The most important thing is to learn the limits of aderence of the car, so the best thing to do is buying a shitbox with no power and shitty tires, so said limits will be pretty low and you will be able to have fun at reasonably low speeds. Then you will exercise into a windy road with no traffic, braking before a turn and then controlling the car inside the turn with the gas pedal.

It's only scary for you because you don't know the limits of your car, so you don't know how much you can push.

block of wood behind brake pedal

a ?

Is this Page Mill Road?? If so I know this turn all too well