Is this broken? i got this challenger a year and a half ago used...

is this broken? i got this challenger a year and a half ago used, i can't move the car in any gear and it sounds really fucking bad. theres a dumb loud rattling sound coming from the back, i went and looked underneath and it was comin from this thing
wtf is this? anybody got any clue?

will a mechanic fix this or should i sell the car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Covu9YQeAzE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

also it shakes really bad, it looks kinda scary idk i dont want it to blow up
i just had the car running in the driveway idling and for some fuckin reason a piece of sharp metal flew out onto the ground

what the fuck is happening

Challengers are IRS, just get a new diff and hopefully that's the only problem

now I'm no car mechanic but your rear differential is fucked seven ways from sunday

Looks like it needs oil.

75W-90 should do the trick.

You need an entirely new diff carrier. have a mechanic replace it, then top it up with the proper gear oil.

looks fine

u guys i have no clue what the fuck your talking about

just tell me please do i take it to the dealer or mechanic or what? i dont have warranty

it's fucked clearly, even a blind person can see that.
You need a new diff.

Alternatevely you can cover it with duct tape and fill it with oil and it should work fine.

Put a Ford 9" solid under there.

Wow what a piece of shit

That's a differential and it's fucked. Have a mechanic replace it and then sell the vehicle.

an IRS is an Independent Rear Suspension.

Either a mechanic or a dealer. but don't drive it there. Have it towed. Do NOT drive that thing with a fucked up rear diff.

It's totally fucking fucked. There shouldn't be a hole there

This is bait, the pic is from a youtube video from a challenger with a grenaded rear

>FCA quality
>he fell for the "muh muscle" meme

dude how much is a new diff

is it the gear things inside? the car wont move at all

youtu.be/Covu9YQeAzE

if you're so smart to ask questions on Veeky Forums and even doubt the advice of people obviously smarter than you, then i`d say that everything is alright, just keep on driving, it will sort itself out in around 100 miles. no problems here. no sir.

fucking retard. if you dont trust anyone here then send this picture to a shop and they will come over and rape your bunghole for being sub-sahara nig tier idiotic.

Is that a ecobuust?

Take it to a dealer. Local mechs have no idea how to work on challengers cause theyre so new so dodge has not released any literature on them due to copyright laws.

And when people say "rear diff" they are talking about your rearanging diffuser. What that does is take all the power made by your engine and rearranges that energy into forward movement. And when you put it in reverse it diffuses that energry to move backwards cause the cars natual tendacy is to roll backwards (hence why challerengers have a big ass).

So a dealer would know what to do but challengers have an inherint problem with conooder valves. Ask them to take a look at that while they fix the hamongious bar and somastic tarbinger.

Good luck user.

I've seen people patch holed motorcycle engine cases with JB Weld and tape.

Give it a try. What the hell have do you have to lose?

What the hell is(was) that?

a ford focus.

>u guys i have no clue what the fuck your talking about
Your the one that asked dipshit

Is it broken?

Do you think it's supposed to have a big hole in it, rattle, and not move in any gear?

idk lol

how much is thi gonna fix to cost

>chrysler
lel

>fewer than 10k miles
>differential status: grenade
FCA quality right there.

>copyright laws.
Don't apply to service manuals. Federal law requires manufacturers to provide information to independent service shops.

no need for a mechanic, just get a friend with a welder to put it all back together.

maybe he doesnt know that its called a differential

are you fucking with us OP
be honest

yes its those gears inside

the car won't move if your differential is siezed because theres no oil

This user knows his shit!

He said that HE doesn't know, read it again slowly this time. Use your finger if you need to.