/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Cainhurst Edition

Here lieth the former thread: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

ssjnugget.imgur.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>cainhurst edition
remake thread please

THIS IS A VILEBLOOD THREAD
EXECUTIONERS NOT WELCOME

>Cainhurst Edition
Disgusting.

>best location in the game
>cool armors
>Annalise looks pretty cool in that helmet
>but they're weaboo vampires with poisoned blood

But it's okay, Executioners are shit too.
JOIN SCHOOL OF MENSIS TODAY

>cainhurst edition

Strap yourselves in, lads, this is gonna be a fierce fucking 750 posts.

>Cainhurst Edition

>cainhurst edition

Better than church edition

was the chalice dungeon speedrun guide made by a /bbg/ guy?

>tfw no Mensis covenant
>tfw you will never sit about and speak feverishly with Micolash

FIXED

>creating unnecessary threads because of memes
Church zealots are retarded as usual

>shark fisherman parry window is just short enough you'll get smacked trying to parry them

Was this really necessary?

I'm an arcane build trying to beat ludwig, none of these spells seem to be doing jackshit, i guess i'm going to have to resort to a melee kill.
Thoughts?

DON'T SPLIT THE THREAD

IT'S JUST MEMES

Augur parries all of his moves, just spam it. Easy win.

Elemental damage is still arc-based, user, slap some fire gems on a saw and go to town

Just use a fire weapon. You'll need a fire gem. Bolt/Fire/Arc all scale off arcane.
>none of these spells seem to be doing jackshit
Why are you trying to kill him with hunter tools, clown?

Arcane 101 laddy

probably because it's so easy to cheese almost every other boss with hunter tools

>source, my first arcane playthrough

I have the same problem but standing still reduces the damage rather than trying to dodge it.

from what i've seen it does parry some of his moves, tiny ton seems to do twice as much damage. Even with blood bullets i don't think i have enough ammo to down him using nothing but augur
I got me a fire whip. Well i wanted to be a ranged only mage type character, or atleast try to use spells as much as possible
i've never played arcane before so i wanted to try playing from a far

Is the Chikage really a katana or is it just named like that for the moveset resemblance from DaS? It looks like a saber to me.

It's whatever you want it to be

Looks like a katana to me.

The handle is different, but the blade looks more like a katana to me. Plus it's "foreign-made" and called Chikage, so yeah.

Chikage is a katana, Rakuyo is a sabre

It's a katana, its hilt seems to have quite a bit of European-style influence but its hilt and length of the blade are obviously not of a sabre and more reminiscent of a katana

Plus it says it's "foreign"

Going for a skill build, probably Bowblade. What's a good level to stop with endurance?

>Cainhurst

Absolutely disgusting. Vilebloods need to go and stay go.

>skill build
>bowblade
Bowblade is either a skill/tinge or just tinge weapon. And people here will recommend not above 20.

fuck, I hate farming for gems so much. Really dreading having to farm layer 3 watchdog for my fire gems

wooow fuck this stupid gatling gun hunter in the cave at the end of the river of blood in Hunter's Nightmare. It is dark as fuck in there so I can't see to parry, and the bastard keeps healing everytime I get close to killing him. The whole time he spams his minigun until I have to literally stun him out of it with a melee attack.

and the run to get over to him is ridiculous, from either lantern. So many guys with firearms that it's not even safe to run til they're all dead

I'd like some Watchdog fire gems. Can I join you?

this guy is giving me 2x more trouble than the crow of cainhurst, and it's mostly just because it's so fucking dark.

Try hand lantern .
Turn up the lighting settings in the options/your TV if that won't help.

The first time I went through the DLC I got killed by that guy twice and then the third time I fought him he just glitched through the ceiling and died.

Of course that doesn't help you at all, but it was funny when it happened. Felt kind of cheap though.

I'll make a post here if I end up going through with it in a few hours. Worst case I might end up just farming the loran silverbeast, I think it's waning goes up to 23.9% fire / +14 flat fire.

[sp]I really really really really really hate fucking hotdog, rather do shitty damage in pve/pvp than have to ever fight him again[/sp]

Nice spoiler tags.

how do I dodge noodle head's charge attack
I've been stuck on her for three days
I can barely even get her to half health, am I doing something wrong

what the fuck, I could have sworn it was [sp]? For some reason I have memories of me using [sp] all the time and it'd show up spoilered. Did something change or am I being an idiot?

Try to stay on her side, if you can manage to get behind her between the thingies she stands on it's perfect.

ctrl+s faggot
Equip fire res gear, don't lock on and try to roll through the bites.

Stay a moderate distance away and try to bait out her head slam
If you don't think you can dodge the charge just sit still and take it, the head does less damage than her tentacles during the charge
Unlock

It's always been and closed with [ /spoiler].
Alternatively:

Just wait til you find the Blood-Sstarved Beast at the back of the cave

I got between her thingies, but then she turned and I phased through them before she slapped me
did I do something wrong

wait until her head almost fills up your whole screen, then dodge left or right and immediately after dodge that direction again (but this time a little backwards too) to avoid her tentacles

you want to look for her moves where she slams her head on the ground, wait for them, and attack her head as much as possible

Well she slapped you but you didn't die right? So just try again, you'll learn to dodge the attacks and how to stay behind her.

It's also Yamamura's weapon of choice.

fuck then I guess I'm remembering shit wrong.

Also, I know it's not a terribly hard boss if you read her moveset, but the fact that FRC watchdog can oneshot you at any point in the fight if you're not being careful always gets me. I hate whittling through her health bit by bit for several minutes just to get oneshotted at 10%. I probably just have to git gud though.

The blade form is perfectly viable on a normal skill build. It's nothing mind-blowing, but definitely worth using.

It's been some time since I fought FRC hotdog the last time but iirc with bone ash and 50 vit you should be able to survive almost everything except the charge.

This. You'll probably have 10 blt to use Reiter on your skl build anyway so there is nothing that speaks against using bowblade.

It's kind of pointless to build around it though, you can have skill weapons with a more complete moveset and comparable range if not better range like the rakuyo or burial blade. 2H modes would be only for backstabs since it won't have good damage per bullet or allow parries.

But of course, if you have a skill build you might as well use it if you like.

>"ATK down" curse
why does it even exist? It's literally "you got this gem but it's worse than any gem up to several tiers down lol"

I feel the same about most of the curse down shit. Who the fuck uses draining health, atk down, or dura down gems? Pretty much the only ones that are usable are kin/beast down depending on what you're going to be using the weapon for and stamina consumption up.

Because in theory we could have shit like stam use down + attack down or adds poison + atk down if the mechanics in the game would be different. On paper it kinda makes sense on paper to sacrifice attack power for the possibility of more attacks or dodges or damage over time but in praxis it's shit.

They're curses for a reason, you know. The only curse that shouldn't exist is the ATK DOWN curse, because that's just plain unfair and FAR too common.

So what's the best version of the Logarius wheel? And how do I find it? It's the only weapon in the game I have yet to use and I thought I'd give it a try.

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

Ooof nostalgia pls no

depends on whether or not you like the transformed or untransformed moveset more. Untransformed, go pure strength, transformed go arc or str/arc.

Pure skill build.

Rifle spear or BoM for PvE

50 STR 50 SKL build with Heavy Abyssals

Go arc or go home

brocc form is shit in pve and I don't pvp.

>But just use arcane gemmed whirligig or spear.

Cancerous to me.

Whatever floats your bo-
>Cancerous
Pic related

Where is the best place to farm blood echoes?

chalice dungeons

In Nightmare of Mensis. You can farm like 120k blood echoes in about 2 minutes

Mensis

I like this image, mind if I save it friend?

How do I deal with the 4 hunters in yarhargul?

Sure, you can have this one too if you want

>unequip lantern/torch
>blue elixir
>calmly walk into chapel
>walk down stairs and visceral naked beast claws man to death
>draw two other lads outside and use the geometry to your advantage to deal with them, one might even fuck off back inside

whats the lore on them? just three hunters chilling?

probably the hunters that showed up and fucked up all the bag guys

Might be with the church and are trying to fuck with mensis

sneak up behind beast boi and backstab him, then run back to the lantern, when you get there the AI will get all sorts of fucked with Beast Claw guy following you into the lantern room, cane boy staying just outside the room but still keeping aggro, and spear guy losing aggro fucking off back to the original room.

But they're wearing the Unseen Village Garb. Which means they work with the snatchers.

>The hunters of Yahar'gul answer to the village's founders, the School of Mensis. Hunters in name only, these kidnappers blend into the night wearing this attire
They work for Mensis, so they're probably just guarding the area so no hunters can stop the ritual and kill Mergo.

They're Yahar'gul Hunters, Mensis aligned or conscripted hunters who I remember hearing somewhere were glorified kidnappers. What I think they existed for is probably to keep people in the Unseen Village and too clean the place up after the ritual got to a certain point, meaning kill off the roaming Baglords and anything else skulking around after everyone else got melted down. They're just security.

Hi Guys

Just moving into the world of Chalice Dungeons and finding some bits confusing.

So I know root chalices are random and normal ones arent. You find Chalices and items for the ritual in dungeons etc

So I have done the first few Pthumeru ones which seem to save my progress. However I have seen people mentioning farming dungeons to get certain loot/gems. How is this done, do root dungeons respawn everything or something? or do you have to remove, re-create the dungeon to redo it?

To create someone elses dungeon to get certain stuff using the glyph password code, do I first need to create the same type of dungeon?

Someone around bl98 summoned me into the first merciless watchers boss of the story chalice dungeons. What the fuck

I've done this before ironically

plowing through story compact discs in jolly co-op is good fun

Read the OP, seriously.
People farm for gems by accessing certain glyphs for FRC Ihyll, Lower Loran, or Isz. Certain bosses drop certain gems, and you basically farm for the right ones. A glyph dungeon will always be the same. EX: pwmf22gu will always have the exact same layout and bosses.
Once you get your glyph, and depending if you're savescumming or not (usually Layer 3/4 bosses), you can tear down the chalice and recreate it.
You need to create an FRC Lower Loran/Isz/Ihyll to access all FRC glyphs.
Read the OP, man.

Check
the
fucking
OP

Check the OP. There's speedrunning videos that show all of the important/necessary shinies in the CD paste bin.

They're on YouTube, too.

Fuck! ok guys, I am literally reading the reddit thread faq as I was posting and just realized it answers most of my shit. It is a good link.

So it says cursed gems are potentially the best in the game, but are they that much better than the others to make it worthwhile going through a cursed dungeon to get them?

>reddit

lurk more or fuck off to reddit

Fuck, thats what I thought. There's no way someone who can twoshot each watcher wasn't doing it as a cheeky joke

Also, if I see the watchers one more time I'm going to cry. So sick of farming them for fire gems and getting nothing

Suck a dick you child, the link is in the Op that you cried for me to read. Faggot

I wish that there was more transformation weapons/runes.
That shit was cool.

what common twink meta again?

BL45?

>3 spider spawning bell maidens in an FRC Ihyll side area
Holy shit, have mercy on me