Heroes of the Storm General - /hotsg/

RIDIN' IN STYLE edition

>What's new?
Two new heroes, Varian and Ragnaros announced at Blizzcon, along with a new brawl map and a couple of new skins.
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20327398/new-things-announced-at-blizzcon-2016
youtube.com/watch?v=4900jOY8cCM

>Which heroes should I buy?
Play all the heroes on free rotation and see who you like. Don't buy heroes just to get into ranked. It's not worth it.

>Where do I find you Odin-without-Master-Assassin-talenting faggots?
/join Veeky Forums

>Current weekly brawl:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20379596/heroes-brawl-of-the-week-december-2-2016-ghost-protocol-12-1-2016

>Latest patch notes:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20379591/heroes-of-the-storm-ptr-patch-notes-december-5-12-5-2016

>Official site, general news:
us.battle.net/heroes/en
heroesnexus.com

>Hero rankings, various statistics, talent calculator:
hotslogs.com/Default
heroesfire.com/hots/talent-calculator

>For new players:
youtube.com/watch?v=wPk004vsjuE

>Tips and other useful resources:
heroesofthestorm.github.io/tips

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20395948/heroes-brawl-of-the-week-december-9-2016-garden-arena-12-8-2016
reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky
reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for fenix when

>tfw you could never make it out of gold
>tfw literally a complete waste of time to have done hero league

JUST

>it's another starcraft shitty op

HL is a trap, user. More-so starting next season.

I got placed in Platinum

your dreams will be memes next season, user

can't exhaust the never ever meme too much

>gold

At least it doesn't look like you failed to get Diamond or Masters.

How do you figure? Just curious.

>tfw start using Counter-strike at 10
Now THIS is maximum memes. It easily (especially at later levels) deals ~50% of most heroes' life. Twice in one game I got a 5-man Counter-strike and it absolutely fucking obliterates.

Low player-base. Lack of MMR/Rank decay. Easily abuseable. Able to duo and solo but nothing else. The awful queueing logic. A Master can't queue with a bronze but usually gets placed with and/or against bronze. Overall the entire ranking system is nigh-meaningless and is a joke. Oh and the whole "one bad player has a larger impact than one good player" is painfully true and damaging.

It's of no wonder many players don't care or try about winning or learning. Why bother? Keep your MMR/rank lower so you get placed with higher MMR/rank so they can do all the work.

correction on the current weekly brawl:
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20395948/heroes-brawl-of-the-week-december-9-2016-garden-arena-12-8-2016

Reminder of reddit karma-whoring sell-out rats: reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/4mh256/theres_a_guy_on_Veeky Forums_who_has_accurately_leaked/

reddit.com/user/SSJ5Gogetenks
>ponyfucker

They are in this thread RIGHT NOW!

>all of this

Seems pretty spot on, actually. Cheers.

>weekly brawls

Any word on what the next one will be?

Classic Xul when?

maybe the punisher arena one

it's in development, here's a sneak peek

when are they going to add minimap on left
both warcraft and starcraft had it there

Customisable (Scale HUD) when?

Probably not for a while.

>interface improvements brought up on official forums and/or reddit
>being able to click on things to see their health lowers the skill ceiling of glorious game
>having teammate hp/mana frames lowers skill cap
>why would you need to tweak the interface in any way omg its perfection i love blizzard i met my wife at blizzcon

>Ragnaros out in 1 day for yurop

>tfw placed gold 5

currently on suicide watch

You were so close.

Better luck in a few days.

whats the best course of action against a greymane if you are a squishy melee? Mainly Xul, Greymane's tend to bully me because there is little I can really do besides bone prison, bone armor, and run and hope.

tfw already winning consistently with diablo in anticipation for the buffs

Xul does badly 1v1 against heroes that can dive him, especially early game.

Just avoid them 1v1 and focus on fucking them over in team fights.

Yeah that's what I try to do. I guess Xul is just bad for solo QM. Hard to get a teammate to switch lanes with me.

I was just hoping there was somethng I was missing.

I sincerely hope this is bait.

All you can do is hope you get a map like Towers, Shrines, or Blackheart.

Xul excels on those maps but not many others.

Yeah, that fuckin' zerg rush map is a son of a bitch.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
not all of use are MLG 420 leet

>team comp is anub, zarya, jaina, lili, sylvanas
>vs dehaka, etc, kharazim, li ming and samuro
>we come up with the bright idea to five man rush bottom and take the fort
>we manage to do so in under a minute
>team then proceeds to tard up and get so happy and confident about this that they each feed six deaths and we never take another structure ever again as the enemy team snowballs us to fucking hell
I guess this is what happens when you queue up for ranked a day before the season ends.

>Mainly Xul, Greymane's tend to bully me because there is little I can really do besides bone prison, bone armor, and run and hope.

You are now aware that your W greatly decreases attack speed
You should also know that greymane works on an attack speed buff that goes away if he doesn't keep attacking, and you happen to have a talent that grants you evasion

Neither, and that's why I played a lot of Xul, especially into melee Heroes reliant on basic attacks, like Butcher, Thrall, Illidan and Greymane.

Just curious as to when and how you're having trouble. Not here to flame, or anything.

Xul is great in solo QM. In particular, for 1v1ing a Greymane, Backlash over Shade is the way to go. Either way your bone shield will be going down due to his swipes, so with Backlash not only is it a shield, but it's 15% of his max health fucking gone after he breaks it, which makes up for Xul's lack of burst damage ability. If the fight is in a middle of a lane, there's no way his minions die and don't become skeletons. He'll then need to deal with 15% of his health gone, plus whatever your melees and Q did to him, and minions and skellies. Yeah, you might lose a decent amount of health, but after 7 that means nothing with the skeleton heal, and he's getting just as punished as you are.

So anyway, never underestimate Backlash, I fucking love that talent.

Since the game is dead until tomorrow let's make a new patch note 1 line at at time, I'll start:

Tracer:

Deleted from the game.

ETC

Still rockin'

>In an attempt to improve the health of the game this Hero has been permanently removed. No refunds will be offered.

reminder

New Hero: Sombra

jaina

How do I get back into this game? Is playing Malfurion still spamming heal & roots & ult during teamfights and being just fine?

loves orc cock

>Price reduced to 2000

Is jaina going to be reduced? awesome.

His waveclear for that map is only good if you are losing. His strength is in skeleboning up two lanes and AA slow/root for teamfights.

As a support you will be focused a lot, especially in solo queue.

Malf is mostly the same though. The new meta is going Twilight Dream instead of healing ult because of mana regen and huge value in silence.

Wasn't she reduced from 10,000 to 4,000?

>Azmodan was reduced from 10,000 to 2,000
>Gazlowe was reduced from 4,000 to 2,000
>Murky hasn't had his price tag removed entirely

She's free if you do the tutorial challenge thing.

>Murky hasn't been removed entirely
fixed

Send help.

Mount skin combos go

>living the dream

godspeed

So thats what that was. I couldn't understand why I was given a choice between 3 heroes one day. I picked Tyrande, which was a mistake, im a terrible Tyrande.

Where the fuck is Rag?

>no tits shooped on

2/10 edit needs work

Reminder: Tyrande fags are literally FAGGOTS

>attempt pic related
>Sorry, we couldn't detect a face.
lmao

>Tuesday
>no Ragnaros

>win 8 of my ten placement matches
>only silver

>being bronze in qm/unranked prior

unlucky

>lose 6 of my placement matches
>silver
sheesh

How else does it determine rank? I was pretty much support the entire time with Malfurian or bw

I'm pretty sure it's based on Unranked/QM mmr.

So, if you play, say, 500 Quick Matches, and win 240 of them, you probably won't get Platinum, even going positive in Placements. Could be horribly wrong though.

>instead of autistically playing the same hero and getting good, I play everything a little.

Now that I have 1000 games, who should I main?

>tfw no bathtime/summer fun Li Li skin never EVER

get 300 more games as a multiclass then we can talk.

they should make a multiclass hero that isn't shitass then

>no summer/beach/pool skins

it's like they hate money

Maybe they should give lili a better face texture and more polygons first

how do I make my team's jaina do more damage than the enemy rehgar

root them so jaina's little icle rain thing hits more than once

>Li Li's dragon talents synergize and make her strong
>she's in the meta

>Blizzard nerfs Li Li's dragon talents
>she's not viable

I wonder if there's some kind of middle ground maybe. Rework when?

>Li Li's

>gazlowe doesnt have a rocket boots ult
one job blizz

>Sprint isn't renamed to Nitro Boost and doesn't give him a streak of fire when he runs away

Literally remove him from the game

should've been his trait, with scrap built into his turrets

uther rework when

That looks painted on just give her chen's face textures so it looks like she has actual fur

How is the new artanis?

Fuck off cunt varian is a beast i bet you play him as prot and get your ass handed to you.

Tell them to

1)Not stand where Li-Ming stands because she doesn't have that kind of range.

2)Hit their shit.

And then lower your own expectations, because Jaina's cds are twice the other mages and her sustain sucks.

>beast
>easily kited
>gets cced after a colossus smash so no one dies

>he's a beast play him prot
>colossus smash

i'm not him but cmon user

Anybody else feel like Warbringer might be a little overrated? Yes, it's good, but there are a lot of situations where flat out ignoring everything would mean a lot more.

KINKY

point and click stun >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything

They are absolutely inconsistent with what they do and don't find fair or interesting and acceptable. I feel like they show a lot of double standards in their balancing.

Dehaka is pretty fun

Welcome to blizzard games. They can't balance worth shit

>Murky with tits
Meh, I've fapped to worse

>picking dw varian

what are you brain damaged/ foreign???

>reading comprehension

jokes on you, I am actually retarded quoted wrong post

He's now fucking awful as a tank.
Now forced into mediocre bruiser role.

Thats a shame, I had fun with him during his free week.

It's not really that shield wall isn't great. It's that charge is SO bad without warbringer. You don't have a complete kit without it.