Why do people think they are helping the environment by buying a hybrid car when even as a hybrid their overall energy...

why do people think they are helping the environment by buying a hybrid car when even as a hybrid their overall energy conversion efficiency is well under 15%? it makes no sense to me. 85% is lost in the form of heat and entropy during the carnot cycle. that is THE best efficiency reported.

it makes no sense to propose this is helpful compared to 12% efficiency from standard cars.

>expecting the liberal """"elite"""" to not be retarded or actually care
they just want to feel good about themselves.

Maybe I can provide some perspective. My parents buy hybrid cars mainly to save money long term on fuel. They couldn't give a flying shit about the environment. They just really enjoy getting 45~ mpg from a luxurious Lexus hatchback.

>why are liberals retarded?

That's what we are all wondering too OP

They would have saved tens of thousands buying a Geo Metro and got the same mpg.

Because hybrid cars polute less?

Why do people get upset over this?

they pollute just as much as regular cars when you consider the fact that they need to draw power from various electrical plants.

The fuck are you talking about. The charging system in hybrid vehicles is completely regenerative and internal. The only argument you could possibly make is that the cost to manufacture and implement the lithium batteries used in these vehicles has a carbon footprint itself.

You missed the last part about a modern luxurious hatchback

Marketing and people wanting to feel better about themselves.

If you wanted to help the environment you'd buy a low emissions used car, not a brand new hybrid.

Actually you wouldn't buy a car at all, but that's not always practical.

>they pollute just as much as regular cars when you consider the fact that they need to draw power from various electrical plants
They actually don't. That's a myth.

And how do you think gasoline is made, dumbfuck? From coal. No matter how you spin it ICE pollutes more.

what are you talking about? if it was all internal the batteries would have to draw power from the engines on some level or else they'd stay dead due to the gradual net loss per cycle of electricity from all the electronics being operated in the car per cycle.

and how do you think batteries are made? or electrical motors?

>all the attributes of a hybrid car making it more expensive are actually more cost effective over the ~2 years youre going to have it versus a regular damn car
>that delusion

So they don't really care about money or the environment. Why bother with a hybrid then?

What about how car parts are made in factories from China, Mexico, Europe and the manufacture of lithium batteries. It's more environmentally friendly to use a 20 year old car forever then to buy a new car.

>electric cars are powered by coal
This is the only way they pollute.
>ICE cars use coal to refine crude oil and on top of that have tailpipe emissions
ICE pollute more.

>b-but batteries
Any type of initial pollution made is immediately negated by the tailpipe emissions.
>why bother with a hybrid
It still pollutes less. Electric cars are the best though. The hybrid meme will die soon and electric will take over.

I am not even going to respond to this. Confirmed troll.

I dunno man. The Lexus CT200H really isn't that expensive. Brand new it's only $25,000 out the door. I think it's a decent buy for a car that averages 45mpg

>Any type of initial pollution made is immediately negated by the tailpipe emissions.

that is absolutely wrong. kys.

It is in the long run, dumbfuck. kys weeb

try picking up a science book sometime

"in the long run" is a shorthand for people who don't realize the amount of pollution a factory generates because they're too busy shitposting on Veeky Forums like the millenials they are.

fucking neck yourself. you're the type of dumbshit who thinks that putting siracha in his gas tank will help get him more pep.

LOL!!!!

bwahahhahahahaa

kys

>responding to Alphonse

Please do not.

BTFO!!!

>ICE fags gets fucking rekt
>s-stop replying
lol, ICE pollute more..

END OF STORY.

>all those assumptions
>muh weighted stats

just end your life already faggot.

>resorting to shitposting
>cites useless graph
>ad hominems
Electric cars will continue to be more and more efficient as battery tech advancements are made and ICE cucks will be left behind.

>useless graph

at least i had a graph and not just two bars and a fucking numale rant.

>grams of co2
>no account of the other chemicals like aerosols etc released into the air, soil, and water by the animals known as the Chinese

>amerifat getting triggered
lmao, electric is being pushed because it's more efficient. It will only get better. ICE will always pollute more. stay mad.
>adding in useless factors
For what reason?

>future transportation
>having rubber wheels
>having individual modes of transport

the future is trains, stop pretending you're right

y-axis of your graph is for CO2 only. I'm sure there are much harsher green house gases created during the manufacturing of lithium batteries.

>plugs his shitmobile into the grid
>draws out energy from the grid
>everyone does this and crashes it
>hurr it's so much more efficient

yeah no kys

>and not just two bars and a fucking numale rant.

>conveniently ignoring the fact that oil has to be refined thus burning coal thus polluting
>making up stories to justify the inferiority of ice
lol, you lose again

based alphonse

ice fags btfo

Hey everyone electric cars are shitty and they pollute.

>oil has to be burned

lol yeah it's not like oil is burned to turn generators or anything. fucking dipshit.

i know how you numales work. you try to act like you're better than us by being able to hide under the curtains of the electric grid, "LOL im not burning oil!" well yes you fucking are. it's just that we are mature enough to own up to this fact by burning it directly instead of indirectly on a monumental scale that would crash our electrical grid.

>15% isnt a significant improvement over 12%
>especially at the rate of billions of engines powered by billions of oil products

Please stop trying to pretend like you are somehow more intellectually sound than the entire scientific community telling you that your cars are very quickly destroying the global ecosystem.

It makes perfect fucking sense, you're just a jackass who thinks your "common sense" is as good as scientific research and inquiry. Pro-tip: it's not, and you aren't an expert because you can perform a google search

>literally this illiterate
>more ad hominems
If you actually read my posts I said electric cars run off of coal. But so do gasoline cars. The KEY thing here is that electric cars have NO TAILPIPE EMISSIONS which negate the effects of the extra pollution of manufacturing them and at the same time pollute less in the long run. STAY MAD.

>oil has to be burned to make electricity!!!

Only about 1% of U.S. electricity comes from oil or petroleum.

The majority of it comes from coal and natural gas (accounting for about 66% together), and the next largest bit is from nuclear power at 20%.

The amount of harmful particles ejected into the atmosphere by the U.S. electrical grid does not even comes close to those created by the operation of the billions of gasoline and diesel engines running in passenger and commercial vehicles, especially once you factor in that burning coal and natural gas release significantly more energy than burning gasoline.

You don't have an argument. You have pseudo-intellectual bullshit you think makes sense because you don't understand even the basics of thermodynamics, energy production, or energy consumption.

>billions

gud kar
it's just a comfy prius but that's like 100/10 DD for most people
>comfy
>decent luxury features
>looks decent
>hatchback practical
>45mpg on a bad day
>fully loaded 2011 is like 13k now