What if the current corollas were RWD? Would they be Veeky Forums approved?

What if the current corollas were RWD? Would they be Veeky Forums approved?

Why aren't the corollas rwd anyways?

They arent RWD?

and yeah, it's a great little sports car for casuals

why doesn't the iM have any sports or "hot-hatch" oriented packages?

yoda just likes to play shit safe.

Why do FWD even exists?

I would love a RWD Corolla iM. unf.

Easier to control
better in bad weather.

cheaper to make
allows for sub $16k cars to exist

I fuckin wish dude

... Because FWD is the appropriate configuration for an economy car?

1/10 I replied

The question is, why does rwd exist?
>For embarassing skids

Most engines are in the F

Easier than sending power through a mechanism to the R

Dude what the fuck is everyone's obsession with RWD? I've driven RWD cars and I literally feel no difference in them from FWD. Is it a normie thing?

I've never driven a RWD car

You're either not very perceptive or you drove a car that had a fuckton of assists that you didn't turn off. For most daily driver plebs, it doesn't matter.

I like both. FWD feels rail-y and precise through corners. RWD has that lock-in feeling and you can use the rear wheels to assist in turns.

Please take a look at fucking idiots

What if Hyundai or Kia started manufacturing RWD only economy cars?

You're giving Koreans waaayyyyy too much credit there

You are missing out

Come to europe mayne, get yourself a 10k 'car'
> Toyota Aygo
> VW up, polo is around 17k in the Netherlands
> Citroën C1

What a shame. I actually like the way the iM and the Yaris looks these days. Is it so much to just make a trim that competes with the ST trims from ford?

These start at 6k in the UK

Are door handles extra?

>Why aren't the corollas rwd anyways?
FWD allows for a bigger boot and more interior space.

These are bought exclusively by the 37mph everywhere club.

Queer-wheel-drive is pigfat and slow

Damn that's pretty nice. I usually import a car from Germany, as I live 20 mins from the German border, in the Netherlands. I pretty much directly put it up for sale again. I make a nice amount of money because of that.

New cars are very expensive here. For example, a gt86 is 46k auto, 48k manual. A fiesta st is 28k. I bought a 2012 polo a while ago for 5k in Germany and sold it 3 weeks later for 8k. I've driven a total of like 800 km in it

>I am the jew that jews stealerships

>You outjewed jews
Well played toothpaste

Thanks senpai. I've done it a couple of times now. Because of how the EU laws work, the Dutch government can't slap their taxes on imported cars.

It's either that or boomers with their I know what I gots

I know a lot of people on Veeky Forums are nostalgic for the time when even economy cars were RWD, but I feel like recent safety standards have been just as detrimental as the mass exodus to FWD. Nowadays, you have Civics that are almost as large as previous gen Accords.

Why is the gt86 so expensive compared to the fiesta? They are around the same price over here

I sometimes forget how fucking enormous modern cars are. I saw a hatchback parked up next to an old Land Rover recently, and they were pretty much the same size bar ride-height. It's nuts.

Is there some sort of regulation in place that doesn't allow manufacturers to make small cars anymore?

The Dutch taxation system taxes based on grams of CO2 per km. It also works with brackets. I don't have the exact numbers on hand, but as an example :
Volvo v60 plugin: 49 g/km, it's in the first bracket, which is 1 to 50 g/km. The first 50 grams are for example 6 euros per gram of CO2 as taxation.

Fun RWD coupe, brand HerpDerp, 200 g/km, will be for example in bracket 3. The first 50 grams are 6 euros per gram. The second bracket from 50 grams to 150 grams of CO2 are 25 euros per gram. So that's 100 × 25 euros. The last 50 grams may be 150 euros per gram.

Kind of a weird explanation, apologies. But the emissions are kind of exponentially taxed. Basically a having-nice-things taxes. The aforementioned tax is a tax specifically for cars. Sales tax is 21%

I'm willing to bet there's a lot more space inside the Corolla. Modern safety standards can go lick a battery.

Front wheel drive is generally more fuel efficient. Fuel efficiency is key for making Joe Average and EPA CAFE happy.

occupancy space doesnt change, for the most part, depending on the car, but cars have to be so much bigger because they need to be able to absorb impacts and protect the occupants

in the OP post for example, a head on collision at 50mph will almost certainly kill the occupant of the smaller car. while the driver of the FRS might have a few broken ribs

sorry
not in ops pic
this pic

Here's a screenshot famalam. It's in Dutch but the words are pretty much readable in English. It also says a diesel car's CO2 has an additional 86 bucks per gram above 65g/km. This is to discourage those mini diesel engines like the punto, or a french 1.2 diesel

THIS is why I'm leaving the Netherlands for the US once I'm done studying medicine. Car taxes are used to pay for everything including rapefugees, """""""free"""""""" healthcare and crap like that. Less than 8% of the car taxes are actually used for roads 'n shit.