/hbg/ - Homebrew & hacking general

Previous thread -SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp (embed)
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Plailect revealed we can now use almost any DSiWare game for downgrading. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-Nintendo is offering $100 to $20,000 for 3DS vulnerabilities.
-11.0-11.1 downgrade is released! If you have an old DSiWare exploit game, you can downgrade. github.com/Mrrraou/waithax

>Wii U
-ColdBoot HaxChi looking promising, may want to wait for lower risk implementations
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346
-New tool for dumping images from a Wii U disc has been released gbatemp.net/threads/wudump-dump-raw-images-from-a-wiiu-game-disc.451736/

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5i07lr/new_method_of_runningusing_slowhaxwaithax/
smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip
smealum.github.io/3ds/
3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits
3ds.guide
3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher)
3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(no-browser)
3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

is this the best time to buy a ps4

posting for new thrad

do i NEED to link a NNID to use Badge Arcade and get the extdata? Or is just running it once enough?

>tfw autistic
>spend hours downloading unencrypted Wii U games + patch to combine them together to save space
>then encrypt them
>transfer to SD
>install
>all clean and no need to have twice the amount of files

The only thing I can't figure out is how to combine DLC files with the game files. They are too different to be able to just copy paste and merge.

So, which one should I get for my n3ds?

>Nintendo tryna fuck me up

How do you encrypt Wii U games? Does this mean I can install injected VC games?

Google NUS packer.

I don't know, I only use it to combine patches and modding Wii U games.

Thank you! I'll test it out and report back.

Can I emulate pic related properly on a n3ds?

So if I don't want to fool with redNAND on Wii U, it's huehax for installing games with a physical release, and I'm stuck with loadiine for eshop-only titles?

Someone please write some better Wii U guides that don't -literally- insult me for trying to educate myself instead of asking stupid questions in the thread.

I don't know about a nice UI and I don't know about integrating an installer, but would porting FunKii to the Wii U as homebrew be a good project to take on or is that something that people already have covered? I'm thinking a UI about as crude as CIAngel's

Follow the one on that one iso site except use caffeine

it's a meme

the first paragraph of the guide answers that question
you ignored it, skipped ahead, got called a retard for doing just that, and you deserved it

yes, you need to link an NNID to use Badge Arcade before it will let you past the title screen and actually create the extdata.

if shark is out of the question, samsung

that just means the system can't connect to nintendo's servers. not that there's a new update.

well it's playable you can use pocketsnes

It literally doesn't. I've been reading the entirety of what's in the pastebin, start to finish. Since you're wrong on both counts I'd say you're the retard, retard.

How could anyone defend a guide that insults you and tells you to fuck off elsewhere rather than actually GUIDE you? You must have wrote it. By the way, it's absolute shit, and kill yourself.

All my attempts of using the Dsiwarehax installer end in my 3ds freezing. When I substitute it for a version that is supposed to work, it leads to white screen when opening my Zelda. Anyone knows how to solve this issue?

Where's the waitwaithax?

On a N3DS that successfully followed Plailect's guide to a T, how would I go about taking screenshots in-game while still being able to use the C-Stick and ZL/ZR?

which method you using? try this:
reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5i07lr/new_method_of_runningusing_slowhaxwaithax/

wich R4 card is the best for a hacked 3ds? do i need something extra installed?

Someone who knows a good site to download Wii U games? I tried Darkumbra.

The guide is asking me to put something in my "3ds" folder. But I only have a "Nintendo 3DS" folder with a bunch of nonsense number folders inside.

Help?

CDN. Your choice of app. Check gbatemp.

Is there an update for new leaf again? I'm not talkng about the welcome amiibo stuff cuz I already updated for that. Just a min ago my new leaf game wanted to update so I clicked update. As of right now the bar seems to not be moving at all. So what's up with the weird update prompt?

Gonna try it now. Thanks, user

create a folder called "3ds" on the root of your sdcard and drop the files in there.

Thanks m8.

>64gig

>not 128

xD

I can do that, but just to clarify, that's what I'm supposed to do, right? I'm not supposed to already have this folder for some reason?

correct. this is the homebrew folder. if you had unpacked starter.zip, it would have created this folder and dumped a bunch of files/apps in it.
A fresh 3ds would not have it by default.

>WII U
Mocha CFW released, doesn't need a fw.img file as it patches shit 3ds style.

you can play eshop titles after running sigpatch or a cfw. you dont need rednand for anything and likely never will

>pocketsnes
Thanks user. Now I wonder if I need a custom configuration

Yeah, clearly I missed a step because it's telling me to launch homebrew without telling me how to do that. Do I need starter.zip for that too?

This is a fresh SD on a 9.2 3DS, to be clear.

How can I save EBOOT.PBP files to my PSP/GAME folder without have an USB cable? I can download the file just fine through the PSP's browser but not redirect its download folder to PSP/GAME, unlike the sony update eboot

what do

yes I know I'm late as fuck to the PSP party, sue me

What's even the advantage of using Mocha over his sigpatcher?

Seems like it makes it more complicated for zero benefit.

Anyone have any insight?

help?

you need an entry point of some sort to get to the homebrew launcher. you also need starter.zip
smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip

i'm assuming you don't have another already hacked 3ds, so you'll need to use one of the entry points here:
smealum.github.io/3ds/

keep in mind that not all entry points are valid for all models and firmwares. An easier-to-read table can be found here:
3dbrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Exploits

Do you have a PS3?

no. all I can do is upload files to an FTP server and access them on the PSP for downloading

card reader that supports memory stick

Cool, thank you.

Any particular reason this isn't explained in the guide? And is there a guide for this part?

Then you'll have to buy a mini usb cable, they're cheap as shit. I asked about the PS3 because the controller cable is the same.

I tried it with a few games and I got and error saying that it's missing code, content, or meta folder. Do you know what I'm doing wrong?

depends on what guide you're following.
3ds.guide covers everything you need in every step before you even proceed with a section.

wait is there a hamtaro game for gba?

not much at the moment unless you wanna mess about with rednand
potential to be the luma of the wiiu world, run shit in the background like ftp, maybe network package installer? update blocker? wait and see

But that's the one I've been following?

Not to be a bother, but could you link me to the homebrew part I clearly missed?

Here is what I've been looking at: 3ds.guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher)

I did what it said, and then it just says "launch it", like that's helpful at all.

I had formatted my 3ds running a9lh / Luma, and now I am no longer able to dump or inject the h&s app using Hourglass9 -- just a red error message. How do I proceed to installing FBI in this situation?

well crap I was trying to avoid going out to buy something as I'm new to canada and north america as a whole and have no idea of where to get tech supplies on my surroundings and I really don't wanna g to a mall to buy a bloody generic USB cord

thanks anyway user, have a sprite oc

you're quite deep in the guide already. starter.zip and homebrew launcher are all covered in step one of all of the downgrade methods for =11.0 methods
3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(no-browser)
or
3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(browser)

Oh, that's because I didn't read any of the downgrading stuff, since I'm already on 9.2

Is there anything else I missed? And what "entrypoint" should I be using to get into the homebrew menu if I'm on 9.2?

Sorry I'm dumb

Nevermind I didn't have a meta folder, it packed my custom VC. I'll test it and share it on here if it works. The game is Stange Journey

if you're still on 9.2 - follow the (browser) version of the guide all the way though to the end. at the end, it'll take you back to the decrypt9 section you were stuck on before.

>can't streetpass with a banned 3ds
fuck. I want pandanoko legitimately dammit. Why can I not streetpass my old banned ds?

anyone in the US still need a basic ds flashcart? I have a bunch of R4i SDHC I can't get rid of.

Thanks a bunch

Im not a hoarder

This is probably a really stupid question, but...

...where on my SD card do I put the fw.img? Just on the root? Gonna be using haxchi.

>2. Extract the contents of SD.7z to the root of your SD card. The only things that should be on the root are the install folder, wiiu folder, and fw.img.

I remember you r4merchant.
try craigslist or ebay.

Dumb sissy anime boy.

Guess I will.

Hey I said it was a stupid question.

Just once can I post big anime tiddies without being called a sissy? Just once?

No. Stop posting it.

How do you use CHMM2? I'm so confused

No, go fuck yourself, I'll post all the 2D tits that I want to.

Fuck off sissy boy.

(y o u)
(o u)
(u)

You have to download the cias only on the 3ds? or I can download the files in the pc and then pass it and install it?

You are fundamentally misunderstanding what a sissy is, probably because you're here day in and day out projecting your desires for fembois onto anyone that posts an anime girl. It's creepy and problematic desu. I like big fat tits, not dick. Keep dreaming.

(You)

I can do it too, fucknut.

i need one post on ebay

>ColdBoot HaxChi
What's this do? Is it like BootMii on Wii?

Fuck off sissy boy.

That's a weird way to spell "post more big anime tiddies"

but (you)'re still a faggot :^)

Fuck off sissy boy.

I'm having an issue when trying to load up 2xrsa following the 3ds guide, the system just freezes, I am on the 2.1.0, I made sure.
Any clues to what I'm doing wrong?

Pic Related, Website on the card no longer has the firmware and every website i've searched doesn't seem to have it. Anyone ever hear of this card or know where to find current firmware?

>post tits
>wh-what a faggot! (Y-you)!!!
I'm sorry, are you triggered? :^) You're so mad no one can even tell what your problem is. This isn't tumblr so fuck off.

Hey if you keep it up I can report you for spam so by all means keep replying.

Loads CFW sysNAND on boot but it's wicked unstable right now. There's a whole bunch of caveats to using it and a bunch of ways you can brick. Best to wait for it to get more stable.

Just for clarification do I need to go to the site to install the arm9loaderhax or can I do it a different way?

>CHRISMAS VERSION
>CHRISMAS

Put the Chris back in Chrismas.

>says the faggot
:^)

Fuck off sissy boy.

Monkey or Zebra

There are no confirmed exploits for PS4 above 3.55, DO NOT UPDATE

fuck off, retard

seriously

Once I install waithax, do I need to install it ever again like after a reboot or does it stick? I realised after I started it that there was some more files I need to put on my SD card.

bumping question because I would also like to know

a few

If you get the glitched screen after loading the site, then it probably worked even if it looks frozen. Press the select button to run the installer (it's practically instant), wait 10+ seconds then power off. Check if the otp.bin is in the a9lh folder like the guide says and see if you can boot into luma.

Yeah freaking awful card. I cant even get it to go into a loading screen. Letalone find the firmware.

Sorry lads, no more easy (You)-farming for you. You'll have to get them elsewhere. Stay triggered though, it's hilarious.

There's no real "best" but I have an R4i Gold and it works pretty well, so I could recommend it.

They obviously cancelled the Wii U version because they know people (i.e. us) would pirate it, agreed guys?

All-in-all smart decision on their part.

If I download and install Mario Kart 8 from the internet, can I use my legit DLC (that I bought when I had a physical copy of the game) with it?

Joke's on them, I'm gonna pirate it on PC

If so they would cancel the PC version also.