Alright Veeky Forums, it's time to accept the Inline 5 a the single best engine ever created

Alright Veeky Forums, it's time to accept the Inline 5 a the single best engine ever created.

>The sound
>The power
>The size
>The turbo's
>The girls
>What the fuck is this fuel economy you speak of?

This is my daily... 5cyl diesel. Fuel efficiency is pretty average... But hey, driving over top of things is fun

muhnigga

>the Inline 5 a the single best engine ever created.
nah, it's one cylinder short of perfection

this

I don't think there's ever been a 5cyl that didn't sound fucking sweet.

Objectively a 6 may be better (muh perfect balance), but it's very long (might as well go V12) and the sound is just not as orgasmic.

>Alright Veeky Forums, it's time to accept the Inline 5 as SUBJECTIVELY the single best engine ever created.
>>The sound
Agreed
>>The power
Less than a 6, more than a 4. Whew.
>>The size
Pretty bad. V6-tier packaging, without the sixth cilinder actually making power.
>>The turbo's
Are you implying other engines can't have turbo's? Because they can. Also, twinturbo setups are a bitch on a 5 banger.
>>The girls
>imblying
>>What the fuck is this fuel economy you speak of?
>imblying

Inline fives are subjectively great, but not objectively in a world where a twincharged 4-banger now makes 300hp reliably.

Too bad about that hideous engine length, bad CoG in front engine applications, and horrid packaging compared to a V6. It may be the subjectively better choice, but objectively, it's been inferior to the V6 ever since we figure the balance issue out.

length is only a problem if you are mounting it sideways for a fail wheel drive layout.
when it's north to south like an engine should be, it's fine.

V6 will never be a great engine. every one I have ever driven has been a massive letdown.

>when it's north to south like an engine should be, it either adds more weight over the front axle, intrudes into the cabin or increases overall vehicle length massively
FTFY.

>Anecdotal, subjective evidence
Not relevant.

Even Volvo knows that i6's are superior and i4's are more efficient.

Ayyyy lamo
While it's certainly in the #2 spot it lacks the sound of a I5 which leaves it just behind
The length of th I6 is also a massive problem
Smaller than a 6, barely larger than a 4. And who the fuck actually likes V6's? If you want a real 6 cylinder it's a I6 not a V6.
>Twin turboing a 4 pot
WHIIIIIIIIIINE WHIIIIIIIIIINE
>engine noise.mp3 was not found
>Volvo
You mean the shitty other companies that bought out volvo, that have made it their mission to kill the great innovator?

its worse than a inline 6 and worse sounding than a inline 4

its shit

>Worse sounding than a inline 4
Sir what drugs and how much of them are you on today?

No one actually likes the sound of fart 4's unless you're trying to make yourself feel better for your tiny JDM penis

But what if we take a VR6, chop one cylinder off, and put it in all the things?

what shit do you have in your ears to think a L4 sounds worse

No, go away, that POS is sacrilege to Inline 5's

Whats that on the intercooler hose?

Why are you trying to force a new meme engine? There's too many meme engine as it is.

>mpg of a i6 for the power of a i4

I still love them tho

You have a problem driving a vehicle if it is 4" longer?

More power than a I4 and sounds better, and who actually cares for milage? I'm getting like 15L/100km right now cause of the snow and everyone driving like cucks

>it either adds more weight over the front axle
nothing wrong with the cabin moved back, in fact the most beautiful cars ever made were like that regardless of engine.
E Type
240 / 260z
SLR
Jensen Interceptor
Stingray (only acceptable corvette)
I could go on

>same fuel consumption as VR6 with 50 less HP and Torques
why not take 2 VR6s and make the ultimate god machine W12?

Volvos I5s sound great but srs this

Aftermarket dump valve. Gotta go fast.

>diesel