>Steam Groups
steamcommunity.com/groups/totalwargeneral
steamcommunity.com/groups/twgmp

>Warhammer News

Wood Elves Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=ETYy5-0eVVQ

Wood Elves Let's Play:
vimeo.com/193870223/7bcb844b7b

Mods -- twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications
Recent Update Info -- wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_WARHAMMER_Update_5
Recent DLC (good goy) -- store.steampowered.com/app/534331

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816853867
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nehekhara
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Last thread

Day 204
Warhammer is still shit.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=817040576

Add to OP maybe?

compatible wit raidious?

I like Wild Riders

Neetbuffs soon.

>it ain't me starts playing

10th for best elves

I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, the dark sacred night
and I think to myself...

Brettonia when?

I want to slay in the name of the Lady

How do I win?

Be tricksy

kill stunties
kill humies
done

Go bully seperatists! Sack their little shit. Same with the pussy hoomies to the south west of you. THen when you save a bunch go take the little place ont eh other side of the capital.

Keep trying to assassinate/block Dwarf mans army. your dude will be level like 10 by turn 15. Get Skarsnik Poison attacks ASAP

How the fuck does mannfred have triple gold chevron skeleton dudes at turn 16?

>AI
>not cheating
Pick one

That's definitely my plan once I'm able to build up to it, but for the early-mid game I'll likely still use Black Knights, explained as rezzed knights from Merovich's army.

Anyway, The Red Duke's army, swollen from the raised corpses of Mousillon's peasantry, advances through the countryside, ravaging every village they cross paths with, each slaughter increasing the number of the Undead Duke's legions. Duke Adalhard starts levying a force to push back the former Bretonnian lord, but is layed siege in the capital city itself!

Mousillon's forces outnumber the beleagured defenders by a decent margin but the garrison houses 6 units of archers which could, unchecked, severely damage the undead forces.

The Red Duke sets up his army against the southern gate, with his numerous zombies shielding the advance of the more effective skeleton units. A skeleton unit and The Red Duke's elite grave guard, de Rais' Raiders, are manning the siege towers and will hopefully make short work of the men stationed on the wall.

The few black knight groups have been hidden in the forest behind the main lines until the gate is opened where they can be more successfully utilized.

Regiments of renown start with triple gold chevrons (dlc units)

Does the AI use them even if you don't have the DLC?

>buy Wood Elves
>beat Mini-Campaign
>find them terribly boring and never touch them again

Anyone else? I don't think they are under-powered or garbage or anything, just really boring to actually play.

>enemy chaos player buys 2 hellcannons but no air units
>His wood elf ally flies his hawk riders right into a net of amyntok

kek

I like them, probably my favorite faction to play besides vamp cunts and Crooked moon.

I feel the same way about Beastmemes. I played them once and found it so boring Ive never done it again.

Do the Wood Elves always beat Bretonnia and become a superpower? In my crooked moon campaign they are strength rank 1 with like 20 cities

>blacking out your name
what are you afraid of? that we'll friend you?

Huh. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

I'm pretty much the opposite. I like Beastmen a lot, they are probably my favorite faction to play besides the VCs/Empire.

Morghur doesn't look as good as I thought he would though. He looks fine in-game for the most part, but his cloth hood/face-cover seems really shitty looking. Like it is on low-res while the rest of him is high-res.

17-19 USD well spent, am I right, my good friend? Truly they are worth the money.

Can someone explain to me what the deal is with Radious?

Yea, around turn 20 or so the Wood Elf AI will confederate all the respective factions one after another and become an early game super-power.

Example:
>Turn 18 - Confederate
>Turn 19 - Confederate
>Turn 20 - Confederate last faction for complete control

They are far too aggressive atm and basically burn out the entirety of Bretonnia really quickly then fuck up the Empire AI's progression as well so they never get big anymore.

He's a fun character though, love that

What should my main body of infantry be as the Empire? They all seem really, really squishy.

Boris and his men valiantly fight to the last to hold the left flank, allowing his allies to succeed and finally collapse and save his men

The fell bats and zombies prove themselves useful as arrow fodder as the army progresses, leaving the effective troops almost unharmed as they near the walls, but the battle is just begun.

The siege towers dock on Lyonesse's walls, and their units quickly sally out of the macabre structures and attack the defenders on the walls. the units, however, are surrounded by the enemy halberds, and locked in place, until The Red Duke and the other skeletons make their way up the walls and into the rear of the peasants, sending them into a rout. Since the threat of ranged fire is significantly less, the Black Knights swing in front of the gate to ride in once it opens.

A unit of skeletons and zombies crumbled over on the right wall as they were outnumbered, but the depleted fell bat unit charging into them terrified the defenders and sent them running as well.

Greatswords and halberdiers.

Well hopefully it will change when they make Bretonnia playable and able to confederate.

I dare a flufftard to explain how this battle happened.

So I guess Swordsmen are just useless? My original plan was to use Swordsmen as my main body and use Greatswords to flank.

>KotBS with no kills
wtf were you doing

they got meme'd on by prey of aneth rama so couldn't ecscape his flying goons and if I tried to send my spears over to help vs his lord and great eagle they wouldve been killed by welf archers

Yes

This seemed retarded so I picked up steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=816853867

The Red Duke and Duke Adalhard of Lyonesse meet in battle as the undead forces sweep through the city, the battle is quick fought and leaves Adalhard running for the hills. However, The Red Duke is still weakened from his resurrection, and begins crumbling shortly thereafter. The Gate opens, and the Black Knights sally forth into the city.

you'll need swordsmen in the early game, and they're good if you want something cheap, but they are really just good for their shields and to hold the line while greatswords smash the sides and halberds take their large shit out.

Do Thunderers replace Quarrelers?

boris gets shitfaced and some usurpers kick him and his men out of middenheim into the drakwald, where he teams up with welfs and some dwarfs chasing a greenskin war party to take back his city from the rebels + some evil trees

t. radious

no
look at their stats

Quarrellers replace everything

so I should treat them like a flanking unit with less priority than the main line (dwarf warriors) + archers?

Finally, with the black knights crushing any remaining resistance, the city is taken by the forces of The Red Duke. They now have complete control over the province, and may set their sights elsewhere...

>stats
LMAO everyone look at this FUCKING NERD

Looking at their AI tables, Wood Elves seem set up for very aggressive military lifestyle

different tools for different jobs.

Thunderers are better against armored opponents. Quarrelers against skirmishers are regular to light infantry.

Quarrelers are better in more situations

Thunderers can be indispensable at times

Thunderers are better against armor and units they can shoot over the heads of your troops like giants

rip this dude
guess i should help by killing the wood shits

Does this apply globally?

Thunderers for shooting armoured units

Quarrellers for literally everything else

No, just the province its in.

That's the opposite of what they should be, fucking CA

FUCK

What am I looking at here? I have no arms

Is the greenskins win achievement the only one you couldn't get with crooked moon? I got the occupy karaz a karak one so I'm wondering if it changed in the patch.

>Go to war with another woodelf faction
>they sack the oak of ages.

Fly true lil' greenie

The fuck is this?

Bug tagged as feature, wontfix

G O B L I N S

>Silver Spire quest battle

Shit got pretty crazy at the end there, god damn

Maybe a remnant of one of the Tomb King empires?

>Gobbo Archers

Pillar of bone. an Arcane fulcrum
Basically a nexus of magic, and since fundamentally magic is tied to chaos when there's a lot of it, it tends to do some serious shit. there's a couple around the map, but the pillar of bone is probably the most recognizable.

Southlands seems quite small, is that all there is to it?

That's just whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Nehekhara

savage black ork arrow Boyz(melee)

>its a flier spam battle

even worse when your teammates dont want to help you kill their final ground unit

Explosive Squig Rider Night Gobbo Archers (Hagbane Shafts)

I thought that flying units automatically rout if there are no more ground units?

Armored handgunner Blood night squig hoppers(starfire shafts)(ranged shock cavalry)

they do, but his final unit was a waystalker so when i finally found it and tried to kill it he focused me while my allies sat back

how do i beat vampire counts

Anyone else wish that chaos had more variety in units? I really wish we had some khornate helmets at least like in pic related. I've always thought those were cool looking but all we have are horns. Maybe colors other than black too.

>OPs pic

is there anything more pathetic than /pol/fags?

People who bring up political tribalism at every opportunity.

Let the AI whittle them away.

sand nigger detected

in battles tho

Ignore zombinis

a benis

a bit too late ROLLAN!

>chaos player brings 4 heroes on manticores plus general on a dragon
>welf player brings warhawk rider spam + forest dragon general
>dwarf player brings normal build

How do flying unit spammers sleep at night? At least my red duke was able to nuke the chaos general

people like you

>is there anything more pathetic than /pol/fags?
(You)

Well I ain't no intrepid investigator but seems to me that Wood Elves are confederation sluts m'sir

> Tomb Kings still not announced

>being upset at deus vult op pic

>tfw did crooked moon all gobbo campaign before it was cool

>At least my red duke was able to nuke the chaos general
I assume red Duke is good then?

So both the OP and the user you replied to then?