Alright m8s, trying to decide on a new car (i.e. not used). Have it narrowed down to the following:

Alright m8s, trying to decide on a new car (i.e. not used). Have it narrowed down to the following:

>Mustang GT (Premium Fastback)
>Camaro 2SS
>Camaro ZL1
>BMW M2

Original goal was to keep it around $50k, obviously some of the above go over that, the main exception being the ZL1, but I can justify it if it stays near its quoted $60k mark.
Any other cars I should look at that are in the same price bracket as the above? An Audi maybe?
Performance, fun, and comfort are priorities in that order. Not interested in anything without at least 350hp, preferably more.
Want to start test driving on Tuesday.

tl;dr:
>Which of the listed cars is best and why?
>Any other cars not listed that would be better (or worth looking at) for around $50k and why?
Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

celebrityskirt.tumblr.com/post/153957881185/emma-watson
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Is that the girl from harry potter?

Yes and I think the picture is just from a photoshoot, not a movie.

forget about the 2 camaros straight away, they have garbage interiors and no visibility

S550 Mustang and BMW M2 are both good choices

M2 is kinda cramped and the ride is quite firm but it is an amazing driving machine. Mustang is cheaper to run and a better DD.

>garbage interiors and no visibility
Funny, if I just boil it down to the newest Mustang and Camaro, I love the interior of the Camaros and the exteriors of the Mustang. I thought the consensus was that the newest Camaros had much better visibility too.

>Mustang is cheaper to run
meaning what exactly? Maintenance costs are up there with BMWs and Mercs according to Popular Mechanics.
My concern with the BMW is stupid high maintenance and, albeit childishly, lack of bonkers power. From what I understand though, it's a sportier ride than the muscle cars regardless.
Thanks for the input.

>I thought the consensus was that the newest Camaros had much better visibility too.
Camaros may have actually gotten worse in visibility from the last gen.
>>Mustang is cheaper to run
>My concern with the BMW is stupid high maintenance and, albeit childishly, lack of bonkers power.
The mustang is cheaper to run if you're in the us, parts are just cheaper than BMWs.
>From what I understand though, it's a sportier ride than the muscle cars regardless.
Mustang is no longer a muscle car with this gen. It's focused at being a sports car now.

kys

fuck off. you know we hate buying new. might as well take 10k and light it on fire.

>he wants to sniff the preowner's farts out of the seats. I bet you also love kissing girls that gave blowjobs to niggers

Wonder how much she charges?

Better than getting raped by nigger jewlerships.

>Mustang is no longer a muscle car with this gen. It's focused at being a sports car now.
Nether is the Camaro for that matter, but you know what I mean. The M2 is still supposed to be a sportier ride than either the Mustang or Camaro.

why don't you just fuck off to a used car thread instead of trying to shit up this one?
the fuck do you care what I do with my $10k? (probably more than that in this case)

Not sitting in here arguing with benchracing retards so take it from somebody who's cross-shopped them
M2 => M240i > ZL1 > 2SS > GT

>zl1
enjoy getting btfo by the 800 hp gt500

>it's 2012 all over again

Thanks. This is helpful, didn't even think about the M240i.
Any other you'd throw into the mix in my shoes?

>enjoy getting btfo by a car that doesn't exist

>gm fags this delusional
lol

Enjoy getting btfo at the Detroit auto show in 2017.

zl1 = doa

Can you even read? Nothing I've typed should indicate I'm any sort of brand loyalist, you cockmongling fuck.
Best case scenario is I can get a GT500 in a year and a half. i.e. not now, when I'm actually shopping for a car.

DEAD ON ARRIVAL

lol, it's coming.

you could buy a car that will appreciate in value instead of costing you money.

muh dick

>buy a car that will appreciate in value
>car
>appreciate in value
I suppose I should buy a unicorn riding dropbear while I'm at it...
Anyway, appreciation is for my investments and I don't see my car as one.

An older (like 2016) Hell Cat if you want the muscle car. I believe by thenow you could get it down to 60k. Or you could get the trim below.

But as far as the hell cat; i think it's the best looking, it's pig fat so comfy, and a minimum of 500hp at any time (that's all you can turn it down to) and it's still a muscle car.

Or for 50/60k, you can go buy a legit 60's/70's retromodded muscle car.

Just an example, this is 13k and it's got a 450hp big block in it. So even for like 40k you could get a classic challenger/camaro/mustang.

Don't buy brand new that's a waste buy something a year or 2 old

>Defending paying jews for something that drops at least $10k in value the second you drive it off of the lot
Gas yourself.

do i see a bulge?

OwO

nsx, clownshoe, E46 M3, E39 M5, E60 M5, V8 vantage, etc... all in your price range but you want a shitty new car.

He's right, you're just a faggot. From a financial POV there's plenty around for 50k that are better than the shit list OP has.

At that price, why are you getting a Camaro and not an ATS Coupe?

Anyone who says the 6th gen camaro has no visibility either hasn't driven it or watches the clouds and treetops too much while driving

The main reason to buy brand new is if you customize it to the point where you can't find a used car with the same trim and accessories.

Otherwise, you might want to look for a used vehicle of the same model just coming off lease.

>is if you customize it to the point where you can't find a used car with the same trim and accessories.
>Not just getting a base model and doing whatever aftermarket stuff you want to it
>Paying for shit parts when you can get better stuff cheaper
I bet you also buy alienware

>ex lease vehicles
not even once

Most people aren't mechanics.

Every car Veeky Forums buys is either ex-lease or has had multiple owners.

The new cayman only makes 300 HP, but its in the price range, and MR should be hella fun. The Cayman S makes 350hp byt66k means its out of your price range a bit...

But who will sell you your used car when you gas the people who buy new?

We just need to make sure all the car companies are blown up and all the designers are killed so that every car becomes a used car and nobody makes new ones.

At that point the inflated price on new cars goes down so overspending is no longer an issue

no arse no tits face not particularly interesting, kys

If you can get a M2 for sticker price, I'd do that for sure. It doesn't have too much in the way of luxury features, but it's an amazing driver's car.

As for the M240i, I don't think it's a good value compared to the M2. Once you add the options which I consider to be mandatory at the price point (leather seats, navigation system, upgraded stereo, rear view camera) the price is within $3000 of the M2. The M2 will hold its value a lot better than the M240i, and of course the increased performance should be accounted for too.

The M2 is actually criticized heavily for not being worth the price difference and they'll have shit resale value the second BMW replaces the engine, which they will.

What about the M230?

>it's this difficult to grasp the concept of "new car (i.e. not used)"

If I was going to go older model, I'd still go with one on the list. Incentives for previous years Camaros and Mustangs are very good right now because they over produced. Also, no intention of going old.

>but you want a shitty new car
as I very clearly stated.

>From a financial POV
I'm 100% sure you don't know my financial point of view. If you want to jerk yourself off inside a used car be my guest, but it's not what I'm looking for.

Because the base ATS with a decent engine starts at $50 and gives me relatively nothing for it?

>main reason to buy brand new is if you customize it
Nah lad, the main reason is because I like buying new and I can. I also wouldn't touch an ex-lease with a 10 foot pole.

Thanks but I have a deeply ingrained aversion to Porsche.

Thanks. Don't really care about holding its value, but either way the M2 has probably gone up on my list.

Is this happening anytime soon? Need it now-ish so I can't wait for 2018 models.

For that kind of money, why wouldn't you get a base C7 Corvette? It will be around 55k and you can actually fucking see out of it unlike the Camaro.

Engine replacement should be by 2020.

E9x M3, I know it'll have to be used but shit I'm sure you could find a gently used one

I don't like Corvettes, not my thing. Also, to make it comparable to the ZL1, it ends up going way above ZL1 price with the options. No back seat either.

Yea, can't wait that long m8. In fact, I should have bought about a year ago but shit got in the way.

no ty. I'd look at a current M3 over an E9x if that was the case.

Then get the M2 already.

If you have that much money, why are tou asking for advice here? Nearly everyone that posts here is a retarded teenager or some bum 30 year old that works at WalMart.

I bought a new car 2 months ago and I spent the previous month driving everything. Fuck asking the people here for advice. I went with an S550. The cars you listed are solid, except for the Camaro. They're better on the track then they are on the road.

Gonna go test drive one today m8.

It's been a decent place to bounce ideas around in the past and to find out things I may not have known otherwise (other comparable cars, specific issues with certain cars, etc.).
Granted, it seems to have gone down in quality.
For example, I wouldn't have even thought to look at an M240i if another user hadn't mentioned it.

What year S550 did you go with? and what year Camaro did you look at?

Gross. She already has the legs of a 50 year old woman. And the chest of a 12 year old girl.

no.

Would you rape her if you could get away with it?

Just a quick hate fuck?

I thought there was still a wait for M2s

>I wouldn't have even thought to look at an M240i if another user hadn't mentioned it.

So you're essentially retarded and incapable of doing even the most basic research?

There's not if you're willing to be a schmuck and pay $20K over sticker.

Fucking sleazebags.

Yeah there's a handful for sale on various sites but they're all way above msrp.

>American fatass
>Different American fatass
>Other American fatass

You have such absolutely shit taste

Is there a higher res pic? Can't seem to find it on GIS

>delta
my fellow basketball-american

celebrityskirt.tumblr.com/post/153957881185/emma-watson

It's not in the price range if it has a single option.
PDK alone ups the cost by 3 grand.

6 week wait. There was a manual marked up by $2k, dunno where you got 20.

Then suggest something different that fits the criteria instead of bitching.

Porsche's options are hilarious. Slightly different wheel? $3000 Badge on the wheel? $1000
I dunno any other luxury brand that starts out so barebones and charges you for every upgrade. The seats aren't even fucking leather.

all the luxury brands have ridiculous options pricing. 100k in options on a ferrari is easy

I guess. I like the M series style. Basically the only option is Auto or manual and nav or no nav.

Also, tested a 340i. Not bad but it didn't tickle my fancy. Too tame. There was no M2 on the lot, but I'll get a call when they get one.
I did test a 2015 GT-R with like 8k miles they had for $75k. Still have a raging hard on. Only shitty thing is it's got a fucking gaudy red leather interior. Makes me want to punch the original fuckboy owner. Really tempted to say fuck it to my original budget and just get that.

Scholar and a gentleman. Thanks. Nice trips.

Is it worth looking at an Audi S5 at all? Seems like nothing Audi has compares to the performance of an M series (at a comparable price point)

>Only shitty thing is it's got a fucking gaudy red leather interior. Makes me want to punch the original fuckboy owner.
Hey, red leather is only gaudy if your exterior is also red, yellow, or some other hot color. If you're driving a gray, silver, or white car red leather is the perfect interior contrast, especially if the console and dash are a dark and subdued color/trim. I put red leather into anything that I can customize.

Fuck all this noise. Get a used Alfa Romeo 4c and fuck all the bitches. Or an M2.

Looks like this. Exterior is gunmetal.
I would fucking love it with a black interior, or even black with red accents but that red just feels wrong.

Thought about it but nah, not my style. Also power to weight is meh, overall power is low, and no back seat. I'm sure it handles damn well but not really into it.
Ignoring everything else I'd probably do the M2 over a 4c, just wish there would have been an M2 for me to test.

Test a m235/240 then imagine it goes faster. Done.

Can't imagine a basic 2 series is going to feel anywhere close to an M.
Tested a 340i and it was underwhelming. Comfy but didn't really feel bolted to the floor, steering was loose/unresponsive, and it took way too long to put power down.

>she

For the same price, do you take:
>a new M2
or
>a used M3 with 10k-20k miles on it

She either looks really good or awful. Mostly awful.

Pretty clear you haven't done any research on the cars. There's lots of information out there.

Alright, I'll bite. What makes you say that?