Be on Veeky Forums since its inception

>be on Veeky Forums since its inception
>still no threads about mechanical analysis or trading options

Maybe this board should be shut down. Maybe Moot 1.0 was right.

If you've been on Veeky Forums since it's inception then you would already know it has only ever been a crypto-shit containment board.

Yea, it's just a containment board, which is why it should survive.

Otherwise the crypto would leak into other boards

>business and finance
>strictly for cryptocoins

Why not call it /crypt/?

>everyday anons
>options

jesus the amount of capital lost.

>still no threads about mechanical analysis or trading options

1. "Mechanical analysis" is not a thing. If you're going to lament that absence of threads on a financial topic, at least use an actual financial topic as your example. Retard.

2. There are plenty of options threads. Along with other forms of actual and artificial leverage, which is all the average Veeky Forums user cares about. And while there are legitimate uses for advanced options strategies, there are only about three people in the history of the board with the capital, sophistication, and actual need to even consider them. You are not in this group.

But thanks for your thread. Great stuff.

>technical analysis
top kek

what is there to talk about? if u were really here u wud notice the few options posts that come up and it just comes down to being long/short/neutral on something
once u understand the core options mechanics theres nothing to really talk about

>he doesn't understand what mechanical analysis is

It's like those starcraft kids with their mechanics. It's not about the game plan, it's about executing the game plan. Knowing how to win the battle is a lot different than actually winning the battle.

Besides, you only need a few thousand to open an account to trade options. If you're not putting that much in equities, even, you're just losing money to fees since you're not making a big enough dollar in return.

Not buying iron condors every morning and making bank. Do you even trade?

MA is about as useful as divination

you're not describing a form of analysis. read what analysis means.

On mechanical trading:

There's something seducing about having a system that you just follow - leaving no space for doubts. Furthermore, it seems to have the most resilient set of results. I read somewhere not that long ago that Ed Seykota was considered by many the absolute best trader who ever existed. Not even Livermore tops him because Livermore when to 0 a few times - Seykota didn't. Plus if you read about him and his whole philosophy, it's easy to see the guy is a genius. On that line someone also said that should he have opted to stay in academia he would probably have a Nobel prize by now. Bottom line is: if a simple system works for him, if you have the starting capital, all else you need is the patience.

That being said, I, being an equities trader, feel that an additional layer of criteria. When I get a signal I then look into the stock and this is where the teachings of another great trader - William o'Neil - come into place. If a stock has flashed a technical signal and you find that it has fundamentally performed above average (meaning: revenue and EPS growth above 30%, preferably growing). It is true that over the long run stocks tend to follow earnings.

Which brings me to my last point: over the LONG run. If you are looking for fundamentally sound companies, these will most probably not be trading in the pennies. Therefore you are realistically looking at slow investments that will take time to come to fruition. It's never your thinking that does you the money, it's your sitting. If you see a long term trend on the stock and decide to buy it because of whatever signal you may get, have the patience to stick with it.

Just my 2 cents. Curious to hear about other position traders.

Maybe stocks is fucking gambling...

Maybe u should shut your fucking mouth...

Daily reminder to studyband learn business and investing instead of gambling with shitcoins where u learn nothing and have 0 control and no hedge against catastrophic loss....

>mechanical analysis

>trading options

Implying 95% of the fags on here have 20k+ to have a margin account for derivative trading

What gets me more is the /biz and WSB crowd pays no attention to rates. You cannot invest in equity(stocks) without knowledge of rates.

By rates are you referring to US interest rates like yields on the 10Y, 5Y, etc treasury notes?

Are you certified retard?

Any time i trade options, i only start with $200 in my account. If you can't turn $200 into $10,000 in a month, something is wrong with your brain.

>If you can't turn $200 into $10,000 in a month, something is wrong with your brain
kek, you're not even trying anymore are you?

So i made a bot that trades memecoins automatically for me on poloniex, but i have no idea what a good trading strategy is. I just made something up but i suspect ill be losing money in the long run.
Where do i start to read about winning trade strats for automated trading?

If it was that easy, why wouldn't everyone do it?

Yeah good point. Ppl cant generslly shut their mouth tho... for example i learned to play winning poker years ago through messageboards and some books and i was like "why do people even share these strategies"

Veeky Forums from its inception was a containment board.

all the shilling for crypto scams that were simply waterboarding /g/.
then, it is a containment board for all the kids that ask "what career should i study in university". fucking faggots.
third, it is a containment board for all the bums that ask for change, or ask "i have 5 dollars, how do i become a billionaire". all the hobos are pushed here, just like irl other states give them bus fairs to gtfo to california.

i'm pretty happy with Veeky Forums. aside from the larpers that bait retards telling them they are millionaires, i believe this board does its job.

but cryptocoins are the future.. only salty nocoiners oppose the best investment in the universe

Yeah guess that's true too but not in this regard I'm guessing.

I guess it's related to people's natural inclination to teach others.

That's why top-tier professionals give lessons and advice, or professional criminals or whatever.

>mechanical analysis

Most people can't actually execute the strategies when real money comes to play. Plus, it's a whole different game from playing behind your monitor to playing in a live game.

Although behind the monitor is where it is at, you can play more hands in a few months than you can lifetime live. Which means youll never get close to your true win rate live due to variance.

Apparently you're not trying. With the leverage that options give you, just buying and selling puts once per week easily nets a four bagger once per week if youre not greedy.

Learn to outside range that shit.

I made a lot of money trading stocks today, but it was just enough to break even. So I'm back to square one.

live win rates are usually 10x what they are online. you have to put in less volume at the same stakes to make the same amount of money...