Is there a reason why RX8s are so overpriced on the sites I'm looking at?

Is there a reason why RX8s are so overpriced on the sites I'm looking at?

For example, KBB rates an RX8 2004 at ~50k miles at like $3k, and yet on Autotrader and CL I keep seeing cars listed at 8-9k, and half the time they're in sub-par condition, need work (or just don't work), etcetera. All 2004 or 2005 models btw, which is nonsense

What's worse is I keep seeing ENGINELESS RX8s trying to be sold for 2k+.

Am I missing something here? Are people just fucking retarded?

Reason 1 - everyone knows about the premix meme now

Reason 2 - everyone finally blew up engine #1 and put new engines in, so the value went up

Yeah, you. KBB is pointless. The prices on ebay and CL dictate what people sell it for. Don't like it look in other states and major cities. Engine-less modern car for $2k..... put $3k into a used engine and install.... Bam $5k car. Faggot.

Are you looking for only manual rx8s? The autos sell for way less, skewing the kbb.

>tfw I will never own an RX8 because I can't fit inside the car.
Fuck my height.

Well shit, am I too late? Did everyone figure out the car isn't shit? I was seriously hoping to profit from other people's retardation and get a great car with a tainted rep for cheap, I don't need people to suddenly get smart

I mean I guess, I thought KBB value was based on the sales prices of cars in a given region by websites and the like.

How tall are you?

From all the test driving I fit in just fine and I'm 6'3". That's just me tho for all I know you might be some sort of Nordic giant or something

Well there's my answer. I don't know why anyone would want an automatic variant, I guess no one actually does.

Gorgeous color honestly; not enough green cars in the world.

Yeah, the shitty 4 speed auto turned the rx8 into a gutless unreliable car with poor fuel economy, with nearly every auto rx8, well maintained or not, blow up at around 80k due to carbon buildup.

Is there any reason to get one whatsoever? How can people hear
>Less power
>Less fun
>Less efficient
>Less reliable
And think "yeah, that's for me?"
Should I blame my fellow burgers?

How hard would it be to find and install a Mexican transmission in one?

I was actually looking on getting into the rotary meme, but I was looking at old rx7s.

Is the rx8 just a straight upgrade, aside from the lack of pop-ups?

Not quite
The Rx8 is a great car, and seriously one of the best handling cars ever made, but as far as straight-line speed goes it falls short of the turbo-variants of the FC/FD, which both had stock turbo options.

Outside of early model construction mishaps the Renesis is by far the most daily-able rotary though, also having 4doors 4seats technically that are actually usable.

> kbb
Lol @ that shit
Whenever someone tells me the KBB I tell them to buy one for that price then

You can't really use kbb for discontinued cars like the RX-8. Their pricing assumes it'll just keep depreciating every year as new RX-8s continue to come out.

>rotard shit
>best at anything
>At all
>EVER

OH FUCK ME, LMAOING @ YOUR LIFE
When will you delusional fucks kill yourselves? Holy shit I am fucking dying, you people are comedy gold
The only worth your rotard garbage has is swapping an ls inside, and then smashing the car into a wall and putting the engine in a car that wasn't complete horseshit to begin with.

Number of mazda le mans wins: 1
Number of gm le mans wins: ZERO

Stay btfo cuck

I don't know why they even bother putting autos in Doritos. Just seems like the worst engine/transmission combination possible, at least until someone is crazy enough to do a CVT rotary. I saw a gorgeous low mileage montego blue FD for really cheap... with an auto. Sad.

Remember kids, shitposting is no good! Be polite to your fellow poster!

Look at this mad gm cuck

The 20b triple rotor only came in autotragic and was JDM only.

I cri erry time