Br/o/'s, isn't it about time that the sticky be updated...

Br/o/'s, isn't it about time that the sticky be updated. Most of the cars listed on there either have better versions that are around the same price or have inflated in value so much it's not even worth considering.

yup

Update sticky pls.
In the meantime, spoonfeed me good firdt cars/cheap cars. I learned on an auto and have no access to a manual but all the cars I want are manual. Test drive advice?
(I love the ae86 amd 240z, judge me)

Half of the fucking cars on that list you are never gonna find in good enough condition or were already unicorns (Chrysler K body turbos, etc).

It's a shit list and the only reason it's stickied is because LongpostGuy made it and hes the main Hotpocket here.

Manuals are easy to drive, I learned stick on a 64' comet with a mustang engine and a 4 speed in a day without stalling it once. Just takes some getting used to, but it's not that intimidating or difficult unless you're a literal retard or something.

Buy a 1990 gt4 Celica kek

the sticky will never go out of date because these are all of the last used cars.
no used car market will ever exist again because of emission controls. soon keeping a 10-15 year old car on the road will cost more a year in repairs than payments on new. and anything over 15 will be strictly premium collector vehicles.

the days of the $1000 car getting you everywhere for your college years are over.
welcome to the years of the 25k car that your insurance company won't let you drive above 20k miles a year at no more than 50mph

If you're not in the US I'd say the Volvo 850R Manual. Sure it's FWD but it's still a hell of a car pumping out 240BHP stock and well into the 300 area with just increasing boost. If you're in the US then you won't be able to find a manual 850R as Volvo never imported any there.

The Volvo 960 would be a good choice if you wanted a RWD box.

Yes I love my fucking volvo's but I'll be damned if they're not easy to work on and cheap as fuck to buy. The engines and trannies will never die but the parts around them will all the time so be ready to fix shit yourself or go broke.

I know basically shit all about other cars than Volvo's so that's all I can really suggest. Stay far away from 740's though, and whatever you do don't ever buy a 99 or newer volvo V70 automagic, they will die.

Just get a Miata, once you're done learning you'll have a cheap, easy to fix, fun car to drive.

>miata
>cheap
pick one.

i think you are confusing cheap with inexpensive

went on craigslist and found a bunch of Miatas under $2000. However, considering that Veeky Forums is 99% busriders and NEETS, $2000 might be a bit steep.

3000-6000 cad in my area
much better deals can be had for those prices

>tfw actually a busriding NEET

s-shut up

$2000 doesn't mean it won't need $8000 in the next year to keep it on the road. a friends turd gen had its block grenade before it pushed 100k km.

>not just dumping the car on some unsuspecting cunt after you learn and then beat the shit out of it

Maybe you should turn a wrench a few times before you post about anything g mechanical.

In the us in the mid Atlantic you can find a 2000 dollar mx-5 that will be pretty issue free. You do have to know about cars to avoid getting one with issues though.

Sticky was updated in 2014. It's fine.

Buy a 500$ corolla and learn.
There isn't much of an excuse.
My 5 speed corolla has cost me 1,100$ purchased, rego, and repairs included.

Only one car on there still worth getting.

go back to le reddit

>isn't it about time that the sticky be updated.

Then fucking make one.

You're not the first person to suggest a new chart expecting other people to do it for them.

>Veeky Forums is 99% busriders

Why would you come on Veeky Forums if you just ride a bus? What kind of sense does that make?

To pretend like they are car enthusiasts.

240z's make terrible DD's

ae86 are overpriced but if you have the dosh to shell out for one then go for it.

in order to update it, someone has to put in the work, thus it will never be done.

to trigger gm fangirls