>tfw cuckshedded on xmas
>tfw not even 44 tonnes
>tfw enslaved to Swift bc no moneys for trucker school
>tfw robots takin err jobs

Previous Thread

>tfw work iPhone is now more than just a $600 brick phone

How'd you do it?

S W I N G I T W I D E

Jesus. you didn't. please tell me you didn't..

Why do trucks blast past you at 85, but can't be assed to pass each other at more than 1 foot per second?

Was that you?

If not, pics of the truck that did.
If it WAS you, I am very disappointed in you.

Another truck knocked out over yesterday. Driving within 2 inches of it shook the ground enough to get it to fall over onto my trailer since they'd just stood it back up. The foreman was pissed at the company that put it there a month before they were supposed to (its a 12' driveway, right turn only off a one lane) so he jumped on my trailer and kicked it off my rubrail. When I left he had me just back 40' straight onto the grass median.

i hate it when they do that. its proof common sense is a rare commodity.

Because the slow passing trucks are governed to +-62 Fruited Plains an hour, and simply can't go any faster, although it doesn't stop them from taking 27 minutes to pass another truck going 1 mph slower.

The fast and furious ones are probably owner operators.

>TFW autocorrect keeps trimming the fag off of Oil, and I am too stupid to notice

The mental image of a fat angry foreman booting the bricks off your trailer in a right fury brings a smile to my face.

Have you figured out how to hotspot the thing and burn the data off it?

First day in the team driving portion of my training. I spent my entire ten hour break in the sleeper and don't think I slept at all. I can't imagine how anyone team drives without losing their sanity.

Do you guys shitpost while driving? Sounds cozy.

das gud mane

no...

This, and the speed limiter can't do shit against gravity when going downhill except turn off the fuel pump. Every truck I've driven was limited to either 104km/h or 115. I've hit 130 at the bottom of a small mountain right before climbing the next.

That a Vorlvo?

Days off. Vehicular based shitposting restarts tomorrow.

The trucks my previous employer had could do 120+ km/h, which was nice for passing and highway cruising.

My current employer's junk is limited to 100 km/h, right on the nose.

Feels slow man.

I managed to get my truck up to 67mph once on a flat stretch. It was a good day, but I haven't been able to get it up to that point since.

roger dodger. 12 speed ishit. desu it's not that bad but I'd personally never buy a vulva. the interior is cheaper than a freightliner and its not particularly roomy.

Looks good, at least. It could be worse though. My first assigned ride was a Pete 378 with a 36 inch sleeper. A few five weeks stretches out on the road in that thing was an education in packing wisely and cab organization.

I was a swamper at times for the equipment hauler of a pipeline construction company that I laboured for ten+ years ago, and there were a few times we'd hit 145 km/h (90 mph) rocketing down hills to keep a good head of steam for the climb up the other side with a heavy ass 73000 pound Hitachi 330 on the back.

>145
You'd be pushing the max speed of the tires at that point, no?

this amuses me

Probably. The hills weren't super long, so it wasn't for long periods. Either way, as you can probably guess, the driver I was helping wasn't particularly concerned with safety. We passed a car at the bottom of a hill across a two lane bridge doing a buck thirty one time. If there had been a car coming the other way at the time, we probably would have died.

You get used to it, helps if your codriver isn't a retard who slams on the brakes every 15 minutes.

Melatonin

Excellently done.
Sounds like just another day in a truck.
Looks like he may have jailbroken it, and if so then it's just a matter of turning the hotspot feature on in its regular spot in the settings app.
You'll sleep when the exhaustion gets to you.
I would but
>Driver-facing camera
>Face down, ASS UP

Nah it won't work unless you have a regular plan with a data limit.

Hey I posted in the last thread about buying a '78 KW.
I wasn't being entirely serious, but it was an actual truck for sale. For $3k I figured it was worth a look. It ran like shit, 10 bald dry rotted tires, 8 split-rims. I'm a gas-babby so I know like shit about diesels. I opened the hood expecting to see a carburetor, only I saw the one thing that will probably give me night-terrors for the rest of my life
MECHANICAL FUEL INJECTION

So anyway, is approx $20k worth a fully-functional W900? I'm counting the cost of a new[modern] engine+tranny and 10 rims + tires. I won't buy it (can't afford that damn much), I'm just curious on the total value.

Mechanical fuel injection isn't anything to be afraid of.

What engine was in it? Detroit Diesel? Cummins? Cat?

Cummins and DD have stupid simple systems that last for-fucking-ever.. Cats are a bit spooky but not terrible.

Fyi diesel ONLY works with fuel injection.

>diesel
>carbs
Yeah you might want to stick to gasomahol. Buy it and stick a tree fiddy in there.

Optical Illusion. It's because they're longer.

shhh.

Let him get a nice big Intertrashional 549

My only previous run-in with non-efi diesel was carbed military trucks working on their centennial.
I think it was a Cummins. It was rust colored, but still had some paint that I thought looked red.

I believe lots of older engines are still being made but just aren't allowed for on-highway use in the US. I know the International DT466 is manufactured for boats and generators and trucks in third world countries. I wonder if you could get a DD S60 or an old Cat engine for your """boat""" and drop it in that old KW.

Are you sure they were carbed? If they 100% had a carb, are you positive they were diesel?

Preeetty sure he does't know what he's talking about. Diesel isn't volatile enough for a carb to do anything to it.

It's possible they were engines made to "diesel", that is run on gasoline or somevother fuel without a spark plug, but they wouldn't use diesel fuel.

Meme'in hard

Cummins are usually, yellow, tan, or black. '78 would be tan (pic related) or black
Detroits are that distinctive green.
I'm pretty sure Caterpillar truck engines were either white or yellow, but I'm not as familiar with those, so I could be wrong.
IHC painted ALL their engines red, no matter who made them. It COULD have been a swap, but then again if it was rust colored, that red could have been oxide primer.
Pics, man, pics.

International made some start on gas, run on diesel engines, but that's '50s stuff, and mostly in tractors and construction equipment. Not in any on-highway stuff, to my knowledge.

The original M35 deuce and a half had a giant REO gas engine, which was dumped for the Hercules Multifuel diesel in the A1 or A2 revision (I can't remember which lol)

So I was looking at American truck sim on steam and somehow it has not one single review? What does that mean?

Too busy doing the real thing.

Also, got pulled into Safety today over bumpin uglies with that other trailer. They gave me 90 days probation and a firm paranoia of driving through tight truck stops now. I only wish it didn't happen on my second ever day of trucking.

It means you're blind

hmm

Guys I changed my mind backing is really hard.

Practice practice practice.

Be on the pad from 8-4 tomorrow.

???

its not horrible, backing is slightly fucky.

>backing
>hard

Not just for you, but anyone else with trouble backing, here's some protips:
Protip: There is nothing wrong with 90+ degree jackknife angles as long as you don't hit yourself.
Protip 2: ALWAYS back in near side, roll down the window, and lean out of it looking back, don't open the door and lean out that way
Protip 3: If you are REALLY unsure, get out and look, but don't walk, JOG! Better exercise, plus takes less time for the other drivers waiting for you
Protip 4: Use the middle of the trailer tandems for aiming, they travel the tightest line while backing. If they clear, everything else will too
Protip 5: Use every bit of space you need, fuck traffic, they will wait if you force them. You have right-of-way until you're finished manoeuvring. Stopping across the entire road like a train to get out and look is perfectly fine
Protip 6: Keep as close as possible on your near-side. I've gotten my tandems within 3 inches of a trucks bumper backing in. No touch, no problem
Protip 7: If your vision isn't at least 20/30, GET GLASSES! Even though it isn't required, they help a lot when you're 70ft long. I'm 20/50 without, 20/15 with; huge difference

Jesus fuck, the (lack of) ground clearance and suspension travel on those drives!

>ground clearance
yeah

wtf

How do I start a trucking job without paying for school?

I have driving experience from working at a car dealership, no CDL though. Pepsi never called me back for merchandising.

You'll pay. Sooner or later, you'll pay.

Carfag here, always lurk around truckerfag threads. You guys are cool

What is your guys favorite brand of truck to drive? I've always imagined Volvo's are comfy, but I wouldnt know.

How's your clutch foot feeling anons? I see a few trucks traffic and it looks like hell for them.

I always heard 70's Mitsi's were the mutts nuts

What companies offer a contract to sign on? I just want to have stable work before I pay for it.

A ton of the big companies will do it. But it's really worth seeing if you can find a grant or something and just take the class beforehand. If you can find a school like mine, you can still work while taking the CDL course too. You just go in a few hours here and there until you hit the 160 and you can do your driving early in the morning, in the evening, or on weekends. And they allow you to pay as you go, so as long as you pay off the ~$2100 by the time you graduate then you are straight.

Lurk away, we are cool! Clutch foot is fine, the only time I use it is starting and stopping, otherwise I shift and never touch the pedal.

I agree with what said. If you can avoid the company education, you'll get better instruction, more time in the truck learning and not have a year of indentured servitude o struggle through once you get your CDL.

>$350 to haul old brembo/GM racks 0.47mi
>to the scrapyard
Lel

So many wheels on that truck on the left.

They are on the trailer.

Congratulations, you're a pedantic smartass.

Shiiieeet.

>mustangdrivers.jpg

>for those 10 seconds or less, im REeeeeeeee

Breddy normal for Michigan. My load was only 6000lbs so they couldn't be fucked to make the trip.

It was pretty cute that the crane grabbed a bundle of turnings and used it to clear my unloading space against its tracks like it was a giant steel wool pad.

Did they let you keep the money from the scrap metal too?

>doesn't know what happened but immediately picks someone to blame
k

It's pretty clear that the mustang drove under the trailer. Not even Swift could pull a trailer over a car near-side in the middle of the day.

Why must the one Loves I stop at suck? All I wanted was a shower and a nap.

Found a pic of my grandpa the other day. We're all truckers certified badasses back in the day?

>were
Boy I tell ye hwut aint shit done changed on that front cept all dem goddamn Pacos and Ivans.

You're a diabetes delivery boy

>hey user we need you to help get this load delivered on time
Fuckin swaps are the worst part about being a company cuck. I wish they'd give us like $20 for the inconvenience.

I had a delivery at Whole Foods today and had to wear my hoodie the whole time I was inside because Pepsi isn't allowed there. Certain stores don't even want the Pepsi truck in back and we have to take a Tropicana truck instead.

For future reference, beware of loves in oklahoma and north texas. They started as an oklahoma gas station. There's still a LOT without truck services. Some have truck fuel and parking with no showers.
Loves in general do not have laundry.

> We want your products!
> We don't want anyone to see you delivering them, though.

Elitist fucks. Pepsi should just stop bending over for them, and send you in decked out in company colours.

Don't forget those disasters Love's calls stores in Arkansas on I-40. Some of the few truck stops I aggressively avoid.

So the nu males and feminazis get triggered by fucking soda now?

3 tons of steel was probably around $45. They can keep it as a credit towards their account.

>they still call them country stores instead of truck stops
That's for a good reason.

Loves just has a weird passive aggressive feel towards truckers. I never get good vibes if I'm forced to stop at one.

Remember to secure your load.

Are you suprised?

Really? It has to be more than that. A couple years ago I rolled around to a bunch of different Walgreens and picked up these old displays and it couldn't have been more than 1000lbs and we got like $40. It was all shitty steel too, no aluminum or fancy shit.

Well, yes but for different reasons.

Looks like your grandpa was a logger not a trucker

Tax purposes?

Steel prices tanked the last two years as oil prices dropped. Cheaper to haul steel to China and back than pay an American to do it with oil prices that low.

I'm guessing it was contractual. All the serial numbers were on the bill rather than the piece count. GM probably leased them to brembo on the condition they were destroyed at their own expense at the end of the lease. They were sitting in a transfer house that had nothing to do with the automotive industry, so they might have been sitting there for years. Looks like they only got used a dozen or so times.

>fatal stupidity

>mfw carrying spindles of steel wire, unsecured in a reefer
>come around a corner on freeway to wall of traffic

what were the reasons?

Being a trucker actually used to be hard, believe it or not.

You had to be a pretty bad dude to be able to withstand weeks on the road with very little contact with your family, (a pay phone call every few days if anything) rough riding spring suspension trucks, no climate control, load your own freight, change your own tires, fix your own problems. It was a different job before cell phones.

Thank you senpai

Weezy's fallen on hard times, senpaitachi.

Did he lived?

Did you died?

Pep-Pep was straight jacked.

>TFW its -24 in One World Government temperature units (-3600.625 King Williams in Imperial, or whatever the measurement is) and I get to spend the next two weeks working outdoors on night shifts

Lord Jesus, take me now!