Veeky Forums thoughts on evo vs sti? Diehard subie fan but I've had a change of hard and am considering the evo now

Veeky Forums thoughts on evo vs sti? Diehard subie fan but I've had a change of hard and am considering the evo now

Grow up.

How

The Evo is dead and went out with a whimper, while the STI gave up, got fat, and got overtaken by a Focus. Time to move on.

I'm refering to the evo 8/9 and the Hawkeye sti specifically. Before both became "modern" heavy shitboxes

Take me back to the good days of Subaru...

Lancer Evo was never destined for good sales because dads could easily convince their wives to let them get a station wagon.

Had the evo been a wagon AND sedan like the WRX/STi, it would have sold well.

Oh yeah, and like Subaru, they needed a turbo middle-tier like they have with the WRX. With Lancer, it was all or nothing. At least the WRX existed to be a proper everyday car and not just a performance monster that would kick your ass in the daily drive.

The Evo will always be faster and more reliable. Subaru's are "nicer" though since they aren't as balls to the wall hardcore.

>Evo
>""""Reliable""""

>Subaru
>Mitsubishi
>"""""""""""""reliable""""""""""""
They're both pretty bad desu

>boost a 2L engine to make 1300HP
>"why did it break?!"

An Evo is more reliable than a WRX, they only break down because people mod them harder than any other car.

If I was to ever mod either car it would be to 400-450 horse as it would be a daily

>ive had a change of hard
>change of hard
>hard
it's Heart you fucking mongoloid

I hope you are sterile for the good of mankind

Damn you sure showed my autocorrect senpai

>I will start power modding my car and then stop

That isn't how it works user. Once you start, it doesn't stop until you're satisfied, and you'll never be satisfied.

It does work cause what you do is start modding it, then buy a sportbike. fast cars don't get my boner going anymore.

I like both. I have a wrx cause there's no way I could find an evo 8 that wasn't already a shit heap.

Would rather have a Celica GT4

Kill yourself

>start typing heart
>autocorrect changes it to hard
nah mate

Just get a miata and let everyone know you like guzzling cum

It's just as powerful as a STI or EVO and also AWD so why not.

The Evo went extinct, and the STi floats in development purgatory somewhere with the 370Z and Toyobaru. Subaru won't make a new one with an FA20(25) engine for some reason.

Both are still built on fantastic platforms but you've got to have the money to sink into making them quicker in the first place. It's like a better S-chassis for people with jobs, poorfags and benchcucks need not apply.

This is the same thinking that has people convinced the SR20 is bad.

>retard gets his hands on one
>blows it up with dumb eBay mods

There's also the issue of neglect. Thrashing them is inevitable but there's no maintenance to go along with it.

Owning an STi and having a friend with an Evo...

Assuming both stock.

STi Pros:
>6 Speed trans is bulletproof
>More comfy/softer daily driver
>Not as expensive with similar miles
>"Subaru Rumble" (not my thing, but a lot of people like it)
>Webbed-style chassis makes it more stiffer and better in crashes

STi Cons:
>Ringland
>Cat-converter in uppipe (if it breaks apart, bye bye turbo, engine, etc.)
>Easier for the engine to start knocking
>Paint chips super easy
>Working on it is much more difficult

Evo Pros:
>Better for track use (by a lot)
>Faster stock (5 speed of the Evo makes the gearing better suited for pulls)
>Easy to work on the engine, you can pull the heads on an Evo in an hour.

Evo Cons:
>Not as comfy
>Transmission will break
>Transfer case will break
>Axles will break if you decide to beat the shit out of it

That all being said, both are good cars. Neither are perfect. I love both and I'd definitely own an Evo if the opportunity presented itself.

Once you get into modifying them, everything changes though. And I'd personally go with an Evo if I planned to make a lot of horsepower. The time and money that I had to put in for me to break 500whp in my STi vs my friend's Evo to make 800whp, he still didn't spend as much. Evo's make power easily, STis do not.

>Transmission will break
Only the 6 speed, 5 speed is strong as

As someone currently on the road to empty wallets and incredibly hihg speeds, I can not emphasize this enough

>evo
>heads
Why do people on this stupid website listen to idiots like you

Pretty sure he meant his hard on for the car

This is correct.

Ive always wanted an Evo 5

Ford Focus RS

>awd car
>parked for winter

what a fucking fag

subaru best

ae86

Forester XT

If you intend to keep the car stock, there's no real difference.

Neither are going to break unless you try to break them.

If you intend to mod, you're going to get more bang for your buck out of the Evo.

celica is better

They're great cars. Would definitely recommend getting one if it's in good shape and has been taken care of

Which they rarely are