google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound
>Previously on /dbt/
>SEM POLL ROUND 2
Pick final destination and time frame.
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

Other urls found in this thread:

advrider.com/index.php?threads/2013-klr-650-4000.1185933/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/xr650r-supermoto-plated-bristol-va.1187513/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/1996-suzuki-dr650-2700obo-florida.1186982/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/2008-wr250x.1183505/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/2007-suzuki-drz400s-supermoto-or-dual-sport-in-ct.1181624/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/2011-suzuki-dr650-3889-miles.1189591/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/2009-rtw-ready-dr650-all-options-like-new-7-000-00.1189496/
youtube.com/watch?v=fHGvxx1CRe4&t=1s
oregonfirst.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/history-of-mx-tracks-pitting-neighbors-against-neighbors/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for naked sv650 is dogshit

Should I change my tire or does it still look good?

Do you guys run them till the tread runs out? Hasn't hit the wear bar yet but it's near it, will probably taking a trip to LA for Xmas so I'm wondering if it still has another 800 miles in it.

Id change it simply because it is not a very good tyre.
But no it is fine otherwise.

it looks like the inside of a golf ball
are those even a name brand tyre

4th for chillymoto. 30F, but comfygear.

I've heard everyone say the Anakee 3 is a shit tire but why? It came stock with my GS and I haven't had any issues at all with it, both in touring and hitting the twisties in any weather. Of course I haven't really been on other tires so i have nothing to compare it to. I changed my front to a tourance Metzler and will change the rear too when it wears out.
It's Anakee 3

>be wiscfag
>four inches of snow on sunday
>tomorrow the temp will steadily drop to single digits, where it will hold for the foreseeable forecast

Season's really, genuinely over, lads. People still had their bikes out last week. Maybe I'll see a trike or two if it warms up a bit after xmas

Should I get a dual sport even if I don't go off road? I just want something to cut back on gas and daily drive. Don't want any faggot sport bike. Something that you sit straight up on. Dual sports look cool but is it really worth spending $7K at least on a dirt bike with headlights? I feel like the prices are such a joke because muh wheelies and muh consumerism.

look on amazon for a tire iron

set depth to 1/16 higher than the deepest tread and start making it a knobby tire

>don't even go off road
So on a day off, go find an OHV area, dirt, and/or forest roads.

As a guy with a DR650, get yourself a top case (or right up a milk crate; cheap+decent=just fine), and ride the piss out of it. Yuuge aftermarket if you want to tinker with the thing. Not a fantastic bike out-of-the-box, but reliable, reasonably efficient (Hondas are pure fucking magic if you want supreme economy), and easily fixed if you rekt.

Well for $7K there's really not many other options than a used squid bike or a shitty 250cc cruiser that can't go over 55 mph comfortably.

I don't know much about touring bikes but my Dad owns a CTX700 and it's a very comfortable ride. It's ugly as shit though.

On a day off, I go fishing. Can't take a bike in the ocean.

you go fishing literally every day you are not working?
that sounds fucking boring.

I meant on the weekends. After work during the week I'm cleaning my house or shopping. Adult things you do when you live alone.

>wasting gas speeding through the woods
>or having girls asking to ride on your boat and fuck you 15 miles offshore

¿Porque no los dos? Open yourself up to more kinds of adventure. To me, it's not about just speeding innawoods, but more the seeing new places, exploring, and, honestly, the solitude.

If that's not your thing, then get something like a Thruxton. Decent little machine.

>Thruxton
>Decent machine

For $7k you can get a brand new SV650 or FZ07

after you learned the basics,how long it took you to go out on the streets by yourself? i assume everyone is nerveous as fuck in the first "actual" ride

I learned the basics when i was a child.

Is this a good deal? and how much would it cost to fix the engine spun a bearing part?

I met CC81PT soon after he moved to NM. He put me on his little XR 100 and then I was hooked. Six days later, I bought a DR650 and rode in the local off-road areas and dirt back roads developing some basic skills before my MSF class slot finally came up. Got the certification, got my endorsement, then started riding to work and everywhere else. To be honest, the first solo "street" ride was no big deal. I was slightly nervous, but rode not dissimilarly to how I drive (head on a swivel, blinkers, etc.) and was perfectly fine. Of course, I waited until I was 30 to start riding; starting younger places you at a distinct advantage except for insurance premiums.

>Dual sports look cool but is it really worth spending $7K at least on a dirt bike with headlights?

No, do not buy a brand new dual sport. There, I just saved you thousands of dollars. Look at what you can get on the used market..

advrider.com/index.php?threads/2013-klr-650-4000.1185933/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/xr650r-supermoto-plated-bristol-va.1187513/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/1996-suzuki-dr650-2700obo-florida.1186982/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/2008-wr250x.1183505/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/2007-suzuki-drz400s-supermoto-or-dual-sport-in-ct.1181624/
advrider.com/index.php?threads/2011-suzuki-dr650-3889-miles.1189591/

Here's one for $7K that is built to the fucking moon. Why would you ever buy a new bike for the same amount?

advrider.com/index.php?threads/2009-rtw-ready-dr650-all-options-like-new-7-000-00.1189496/

Now if you're buying a high tech KTM 1290 Super Adventure, sure, buy new just for the warranty. But these Nippon thumpers are so cheap, simple, reliable, and are found everywhere.

you can sit straight up on a naked bike. look into the yamaha fz bikes.

>I can buy a broken bike for 1/3 of the price of a working one then spend an extra 2 grand *try* to make it work

I donno how much is your time and not-pulled-out hair worth to you?

I would keep using it

1 day

why so few posts?

Why the fuck octo hasnt posted new boipucci?

tfw no fireblade

Can you fucking mongoloids learn how to link in the old fucking thread.

Rode in the cold today. Caught a cold.

Which bikes would they ride, dudes?

Fuck I saved the thumbnail

G
S

5 0 0

oh boy

Scooters

cagiva gran canyon and a new goldwing

5,000 hrs in MS paint

Post your childhood backyard tracks.

Don't tell me you can't remember the layout perfectly user.

Truth

It was an oval, occasionally a figure eight.

Satsuki a best
SV650 a best

Was in the field down the street from me under the power lines.

>implying MX fags know anything about real trails

I was nervous my first ride, buuuut it was because I'd just had the dual sport conversion and hadn't tabbed it yet. So naturally I was skittish and went faster than the speed limit.

Well find out soon enough. I'm thinking about going when they take over or do their first day.

>speeding through the woods
>wasting gas
haha get a scooter then

what were you thinking with these colours user

color of grass and leaves and dirt

I'm jealous.

It wasn't actually all that big. 10 years of riding the same 1/16 mile on a 150cc 4 stroke dirt bike kind of gets old.

>Six days later
Kek, I always forget how soon after it was

All I had was a slightly larger than usual suburban backyard. Still, I see your point.

I wish the internet was more of a thing when I was a kid, if there was a resource like cross training / endurocross channel when I was a kid on a dirtbike I would be a LOT better at riding today.

youtube.com/watch?v=fHGvxx1CRe4&t=1s

this vid got me so horny to go ride dirt

>then I remembered I don't own a dirtbike and haven't since I was a teen

how did you meet him?

cruising /trash/ or what?

>tfw still havent gotten to try my new tire

Like this kinda

It's a rhino :3

>dat shrekt knee

Thats got another 5k in it easy.

Its only shit for offroad. Great commuter tyre for dirt driveways

DRZ

I bought a bike th3 next day after my license and have been commuting ever since

Did you get his number from the local publix toilet?

>non drz op's

They are clearly gay and retarded.

I only got to take mine on a short test ride. Hoping to get out Saturday

Did you see the sign on the front of my thread that said dead meme storage?

Instead it screams. Incompetent. Like most klr riders. Why even buy that heap of shit.

>buy klr
>ride for a little
>doohicky breaks
>engine fucked

LMAO

>buy KLR
>have to mod extensively just so it doesnt shit the bed

LMAO

>buy klr

LMAO

weather is going to be complete ass for a while here, might go east and get the sleds out

Approximately 40 minutes minutes after I rebuilt the engine. still in that nervousness phase because I don't have much confidence in my work despite two months of near flawless operation.

Best/most high-tech, kitted-out small sportsbike in town?

Not run-of-the-mill starter bike R3 or Ninja 300 shit, stuff like the upcoming CBR250RR (or the old one), the old 250 I4s, shit like that: awesome suspension, top-level instrument cluster, good engine, etc.

ALAMONON!
How much did you pay for the dr?

build a 450 GP

C90's

>tfw grew up in the suburbs so no room for backyard track
>tfw noise complaints managed to get all the actual tracks bulldozed

fucking soccermoms

>Retards move next to a track
>Complain it's too loud and get it shut down
Suburbanites can fuck right off.

where I lived was semi-suburban (about 7 acres) but we lived next to horse people.

>mfw the horse people complained about the bike
>we just kept riding it and later added a paddy basher

Horse people can fuck off because the smell of horse piss travels and they leave shit all over the fucking road

And then they wonder why they suddenly have a problem with people racing/stunting on the streets/parks. The anti-motorsport bandwagon here in Australia's insane.

It's worldwide.

>tfw race around on tracks and hoon in the street

article related
oregonfirst.wordpress.com/2010/11/06/history-of-mx-tracks-pitting-neighbors-against-neighbors/

Can you tell me about riding in NM? My brother is moving to Portales soon. Is all the good stuff on the west side of the state?? He's on a DL1000, I've got a DL650. Looking for good gravel/dirt to explore..

Who Veeky Forums here?

>All I can say is why would anyone in their right mind want to participate in something like MX that causes so many nasty legal tangles?

Stopped reading there

Tooled around in a parking lot on friend's bikes a few times, less than 5 minutes each time and poorly.

Did an MSF class.

They failed the entire class on the skills test(except the literal perfect kid who rode dirt from age 5) because reasons. Seriously everyone else failed by a single point or completely.

After I went back 2 weeks later and easily passed the skills test and got my license, I went riding the next day.

Took the bike on the back roads to work early Monday morning and left early that night to avoid traffic.

A few days of that and I was confident enough to take the parkways to work which lead to my first altercation.

>riding my cuck-fe XS400 on the parkway
>base Robert Moses built the parkways so trucks and buses physically can't go on them
>as a result they are car and motorcycle only
>get tailgated on the ramp coming off at my exit
>woman pulls along side with her window rolled down and yelling at me
>"you can't take that thing on the parkway, its for cars only!"
>"cars only!"
>"cars only!"
>ride off, she rides my ass in traffic
>hangs out the window screaming about calling the cops
>lane split to get away
>pull into lane in front of what I though was a co-worker's car
>right ahead is a cop
>cunt gets pulled over for being literally hanging out the window on her phone

it was basically the same thing over and over. Cases of neighbors moving next to a long-standing off roading area and getting it shut down because "motocross" is evil.

When will the war against dirt bikes end?

people get so assblasted over nothing that they go out of their way and break a million laws acting dangerously to try to teach you a lesson.

LMAO
>Americans

This sounds very much like a reddit post, but lol. Who the fuck thinks a freeway doesn't allow motorcycles, and why would they even care if it didn't?

>managed to fail MSF
>rides a cafe

Yah you sure you didn't deserve it? You sound like a pretty crap rider to me.

Soccer moms and cunts basically, the signs do say cars only (but the road allows motorcycles) so maybe she took it literally?

I was actually shocked to find I failed, and even more shocked to find the rest of the 10 of the remaining 11 also failed.

There were 2 guys who CLEARLY failed, one literally walked the bike everywhere and the other did fine all day but dropped the bike twice during the braking test.

Everyone else did pretty okay, there were a few people who did clearly better than I did (nearly perfect) and got told they failed by a point, and people who did slightly worse than me who also got told they failed by a point.

I think they were fishing for more money since when I went to reschedule the skills test they tried pushing private lessons(and from asking around everyone else).

such is life in jew york

When the greenies have won and motors/wheels (atvs, motos, 4x4, bicycle) are banned on all federal lands.