Does Veeky Forums have a designated winter shitbox to protect your "valuable" shitbox from salt and snow...

Does Veeky Forums have a designated winter shitbox to protect your "valuable" shitbox from salt and snow? Post and share experiences.

Here's mine. 2000 Saturn SL1. Bought it for $300 and came with new snows, it's slow as fuck but a beast in the snow even with an automatic

Yup, I just picked this up yesterday so snow, rain or salt doesnt get on my rust free miata.

I got it for $3k.

nice winter shitbox tho OP

Nice, I got its little brother, the ion, for pretty cheap

Saturn cars are pretty decent little shitboxes.

Dies the sl1 have that awesome automatic seatbelt? The fuck happened to that? Coolest feature I remember as a kid in a Saturn

>tfw Texas
feels good.

Thank god no, fuck them. The early first gens did though

How the hell do you get a running car for that cheap? Where I live a Saturn like that would be like 4 grand. 90s civics go for at least

Where do you live user?

Also the seller of the civic was looking for a quick sale since he was going back to his home country. he only put 9k miles on the civic. Its currently at 165k miles so yeah.

Where do you live senpai? I live in WNY and honestly this car was a total steal but it did need some work. I see driveable cars for under 1K often, they usually need some work or the person selling just doesn't know what it's worth (best case scenario). I will say finding cheap cars it easier if you avoid "no wut i got" Craigslist..

I'll just buy a winter shitbox and not have to be around the hordes of mexicans.

The two bottom left shitboxes are my beaters.
Primarily bottom left. I drive 70 miles a day commuting to work. Best all-around gas mileage/winter beater.

Why don't you just drive the boat

Did you haggle the price down or is that just a salvage-titled Civic? I can't imagine getting one for that cheap where I live.

cause mexicans would take its wheels

it has a clean title/clean carfax.

it just has 165k miles.

the paint isnt in the best condition but i dont give a shit, its my beater and the owner was looking for a quick sale.

the civic for $3k meme isnt a meme.

I offered $2700 and then we met at $3k

Classic.

what

Kek

Yes.

Yea, but you've got the rest of Texas to deal with.

>tfw live in southern california so no winters

but if I did, my winter beater would be a celica or a wrangler....probably a wrangler since it would handle the snow better

no

i don't baby my cars, they're meant to be used

i daily my boxster all year long

Where do you go to find cars without craigslist?

>I spent all my money on the worst porsche so people would like me
>I can't afford anything else

>ebay
>auto trader
>oodler
>backpage
>recycler
>letgo

>probably a wrangler since it would handle the snow better

Nope, not at all. Any one of the snow tire-shod fwd beaters posted in this thread so far would run circles around the Wrangler in any winter conditions short of very deep snow.

Recently got this 98 Neon. Running it for a few weeks now. It was my Grandparents and I 'bought' it off the estate. Only ever had 23k miles on it. Needed some TLC for sitting for some time but she's been running great for a little winter car. Clean too only issue is exterior cosmetic where the rear driver door is dented and scraped a bit from a telephone pole a few years back but I'm cool with it for now.

Things as base as they came only options being AC and Automatic. Power nothing and no ABS in this car which to me is great. I'm surprised how endearing a little car like this is to drive.

How is it still running even with low milage? I repaired those assboxes for years, both chrysler and dodge versions that thing along with the Pontiac/chevy sunfire and the earliest hyundai accents were a plague apon the roads.

>I spent all my money on the worst porsche so people would like me

not the worst porsche, and i didn't buy it so people would like me

nice projecting

>I can't afford anything else

>projecting even harder

>Facebook
>Newspaper advertisements
>Drive way sales

Heh as long as it lasts a few years it will have performed its duty. New Spark plugs, oil change, and getting the old gas out of it was all I did to it and she's been running fine. I also replaced the fuel filler neck as it was something I heard about going and it was a bit rotted.

Will see how she does this year and maybe if she's good, if anything, put a new head unit in as it's just AM/FM.