/ddg/ - Dragon's Dogma General

Matt Daimon Edition

>Tips for new players
You can change vocations at level 10 at the Gran Soren inn or BBI.
Character appearance can be changed later on.
Don’t miss your sidequests: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Quest_Progression
Further info on "Must Do" sidequests: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qS9A47duONEwozGu8A6_oX_HyCxgBwbquGmlZqEQqqg/edit?usp=sharing
Understanding the romance system: dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Beloved

>Wiki you lazy shit
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon's_Dogma_Wiki

==================================================

>/ddg/ Pawn Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/156IeHCRWMcCTU4nkIIwGgjVBetjVu47C9TvAlAc5HUY/edit?usp=sharing

>Stat Growths
dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Stat_Growths

>RC Calculator
opsc.dark-arisen.com/calculator.php?cmd=calculate

>In-depth Beginner/Advanced Player Guide and FAQ
docs.google.com/document/d/17Avxu-W6BCjDrglXtHg8Z3sKB_z_5tlWhV1Vmf_YWHw

>Character Creator Sliders
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QfNzxImmAvPk0jUhfKdyjxwUBg8OUl9iQhLMBL_pEl8/edit?usp=sharing

>Mods available
pastebin.com/jcbPgLdj
piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.uXOgwZkXAy5/latest

>Hotkey Script for PC Players
pastebin.com/7gju0zt8

>Modding on console and old pawns
pastebin.com/NMTBXnxA

>Guide to get DDO
pastebin.com/hywvK0qT

>DDO Beginners Guide
pastebin.com/xgzbcXNg

>Screenshot Guide
pastebin.com/6YtfNbcb

>Make webms
pastebin.com/4ipnGRND

>[un]official Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/postsliders

>Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/334/?
youtube.com/watch?v=HBu9LZa8Yrk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>that edition

Julien is so dreamy...

alright, body armor is only from daimon's chest, right?
So I took a look at the wiki and the monomi coat doesn't give speed boost, the mist is for ice defense. I swear I seemed to be faster with it on though.
holy shit, only on level 3 gear? are they difficult to get?

I'm gonna run dua sorcerors, ranger, and assassin. I'll dash in with the speed and power boosts while they clean up from a distance. I'll be able to defend with my shield, and have instant reset too.
I wish I had those rings already.

4th for forbidden love

patapon / dragon's dogma crossover when

post your most aesthetic screenshots

No.

I wish I bothered with ENB and the watermark removal sooner

your wizard lacks fashion

>watermark removal
From the in-game screenshot function? How?

Check the screenshot guide in the OP.

Looks like Ramsay Bolton from the tv show. I like it

So glad they didn't remove this glitch when porting.

what are the most likely potential love interests?

trying to get quina but it keeps ending up not dropping the ring during the cutscene, so i'm running around trying to lower the affinity of people but i've run out of suspected candidates yet the ring still doesn't drop

>TFW equip GF Iraklis and suddenly become the glassiest cannon at L29

G-g-goddamn I say! I can't take a hit worth shit but holy hell I can dish it out. Dunno if I'll keep it past L46 when I lose the stam penalty on the Gransys Flamberge, but for now it is quite swell.

Makes a low-level game interesting, for sure.

Aelinore, Selene, Madelaine, Valmiro, and Reynard if you've done any of their questlines. The problem is all but Selene disappear from the game if you finish them.

Just have someone from /ddg/ gift you one. The ones that are copied at the black cat are legitimate and not forgeries.

Plus Love-In-The-Rough is also considered legitimate when you have copy it at the black cat so you can craft as many as you want.

I don't think he cares about the items, he just wants to fuck Quina.

>he just wants to fuck Quina
Quina is for gentle impregnation, not fucking.

What glitch?

Looks like a good way to trip the anticheat and waste your fight though

IT WAS FUCKING MADS

I GAVE HER THE ITEM THAT RESETS HER AFFINITY RIGHT BEFORE SENDING HER AWAY

FUCK YOU CRAPCOM

It could be worse.

It was offline anyway. Fire off a Great Sacrifice, then a normal bolt (RT/R2) as soon as one's able, then apply Liquid Vim to stay in slow motion. Makes awesome shots with Hunter and Ninefold Bolt.

If you fire off another GS after the normal bolt, you can keep the black and white effect until you change areas.

Forgot to mention, you gotta keep holding LT/L2 to stay in slow-mo, so you're limited to bow skills. Still, it's crazy fun to 'pssh nothin personell, kid' an entire BBI hallway with only your main pawn.

Why the fuck did you even start her quest?

you can't not start it, she was locked in as my love interest and then leaves

then you have to go find her outside gran soren AND YOU CAN'T EVEN ATTACK HER
then a cutscene happens and she leaves

Now it's a little better, thanks.
Is there something else I could turn off to get more fps?

>you can't not start it
You literally can. Just don't come at her shop after certain point of mainquest.

>tfw trying to decipher these slider instructions
I'm so lost

Got this game the other day, I was wondering if there's good way to get Rift Crystals?

Post your pawn's name level and class after resting at an inn and hope someone feels like helping out. or cheat if you don't want to whore your pawn

Getting your pawn hired by someone, ideally someone farming death/daimon. Otherwise, I think your best bet is mimics. Use throwblasts if you can't do enough damage.

>Not whoring your pawn.
It's what this game is all about.

listen dude
she is currently locked in as my LI
if i go to her shop to attack her and lower her affinity she is gone
comprende?

i CANNOT stop her from leaving her shop, and therefore i cannot interact with her

>locked in as my love interes

There's no such thing. Your love interest is the person with max affinity that you last talked to.

You could have max affinity (pink glow and chimes) with all of Gransys, but your beloved is only the one you talk to last before progressing to the point where she or he gets kidnapped by Greg.

So like I said, just max someone else's affinity, nerd.

Just accept your fate and speed through newgame+ if you want Quina so bad.

He wants to bone Quina but she's already left his game.

>The problem is all but Selene disappear from the game if you finish them.

I'll never understand how a dev can think that it's a good idea.

Oh. Well, shit luck then. Still, nobody is 'locked in' as LI.

>Still, nobody is 'locked in' as LI.
yeah, i know
i just mean, she's currently in top position

She's not that bad, really. She just doesn't have any unique dialogue after you save her or anything.

Selene is by far the best girl. You have the most in common with her, she's the only one that understands your situation.

>She just doesn't have any unique dialogue after you save her or anything.

Yes she does.

WHOA WHOA WHOA HOLD THE FUCK UP
I just realized after almost 4 years of playing this game, including the original non DA release, that there's no goddamn moon in the sky at night.

Where the fuck did the moon go and why did I never notice this before.

He could complete her her quest before Rewards and Responsibility and then rush to Deny Salvation, but he didn't.

Oh, okay! His name's Abel and he's a level 30 Mage. I don't think he'd be very useful since I haven't maxed out his caster vocations yet but I thought I'd give it a shot. Thank you for your help!

In addition, I'm planning on romancing Julien and I was wondering if there's anything in particular I should keep in mind aside from the fight-him-dead-then-revive-him part of the main story later on?

Can't you snipe her from the open window?

>if there's anything in particular I should keep in mind
Be gentle.

Don't forget to visit him in prison before heading off to the great wall or you might end up with someone else.

The funny thing is that in the original planning you could reach the moon.

Too bad the ui fucks up the image

>Abel and he's a level 30 Mage
Can't find him. Did you rest in the inn recently?

The other EXP mod seems genuine crap ("LOL let's just double it!" "I hate everything that resembles min/max so every vocation gives the growth!") , but this one
nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/334/?
seems really well made.

every vocation gives the same* growth.

doesnt it get rid of the ui if you use the in-game screenshot instead of the steam one?

havent finished a play through since I was level 80 I am 130 now forgot how sexy i was before the operation.

I used fraps for that one

Is there any mods that give me the Ring of Perseverance buff?

>steal his ring
>steal his gf
>steal his dragon
>steal his life
Anyone more cucked in Dragon's Dogma universe than Edmun?

Selene
Probably cries herself to sleep, while I'm pounding tits mgee in the next room.

Selene is an autist, she'll be fine.

>not showing Selene the pleasures of being a human

Damn.

Got this one too

He took the dragon's bargain instead of manning up, he deserves it

At least the Dragonforged repented for his mistake and tried to make amends by mentoring future arisen. Edmund lived the high life he didnt deserve.

I just press F12 to take a screenshot with the steam overlay, no watermark. Haven't looked into ENB yet, though.

that makes sense

>those hips

A E S T H E T I C

Tits are life, ass is hometown, but hips are heaven.

I should really remodel my Arisen one of these days. I should have the RC to spare.

Though dunno if I should look into ENB or mods first to not waste it.

spoopy

woah

Anybody?

I am level 28 and no one has hired my main pawn once. Should I be worried?

I plan to buy Art of Metamorphosis as soon as I can and make the prettiest female character out of him.

Vocation and name?

>I only just started playing
>my pawn is one out of a billion
>WAHWAH MUH HIRES

calm down man.

>I plan to buy Art of Metamorphosis as soon as I can and make the prettiest female character out of him.

It's not necessary, I am level 31 and my male pawn got hired 8-9 time with good ratings.
Choose carefully his skills, spend your money to stylish him up, buy potions to give him better inclinations.

Your pawn may very well have been hired, it simply hasn't been released yet.

Mage and it's a secret.

This is my first playthrough so I can see some of the mistakes I made at the beginning, but still, he has upgraded skills and tolerably enchanted equipment. I think he is medicant/acquisitor at the moment, of which the latter was a big mistake. I got it just because I thought it would apply out of battle, but of course not.

The biggest issue is that my main pawn is a small homosexual-looking elf with makeup, mustache and twin tails. I cannot believe nobody would want such in their group.

How long does it take for the character status to upgrade? I've played around 15 hours.

Got 5 hires since i started
Get on my level

people advertise when they are daemon runs and offer to hire any pawn just wait and be ready,
>Also saying all of this with no pic of your pawn or its name vocation or anything

>How long does it take for the character status to upgrade? I've played around 15 hours.

Depends. You won't get any rents until another player releases your pawn, so if your pawn is still being rented then you won't see squat. Once released it still takes a while, though unless there's some kind of server problem the rents will be delivered within the day.

As for getting rents, check out the guides in the OP and make sure your pawn at least has the right inclinations (insofar you can make that happen). Then you'll want to get your pawn's vital stats (Vocation, Level, Inclinations, Skills, Name, SteamID) and post them here while asking if anyone could rent your pawn. A neato picture of your pawn always helps.

It may take a bit since the game isn't as active as it used to be, but if you promote your pawn maybe once or twice a day it'll eventually happen. Mind that some people may need to friend request you, since that's by and far the most reliable way to track down a specific pawn.

make him look unique or look like an actor or something. Or make him a blackface caricature, it might work.

I always hire dwarf pawns with good skills/inclinations.

Is there a way to record gameplay footage like how certain FPS games can record demos and you can look around the whole game world in the recording?

I really wanna make a video with grand fulmination to the tune of this:
youtube.com/watch?v=HBu9LZa8Yrk

I'm starting over and going full spells n' shit.

How fucked am I?

You are not, you are strong.

It's gud.

Personally I found the playstyle a bit boring, but you will rek shit and look fucking amazing doing it.

have your main pawn also be a sorceror and your other two pawns be rangers

Oh yeah, this.

Having your main pawn be the same voc is nice, and Sorcs get to spell sync.

Does ambrosial meat even exist?

I must've killed a hundred oxen already.

You can find one in a breakable crate in the quarry.

i got more from pigs desu