What is a reasonable price to expect on a 2016 Hyundai Accord? No trim. I just need a cheap...

What is a reasonable price to expect on a 2016 Hyundai Accord? No trim. I just need a cheap, new car to put a shit ton of miles on driving to and from work.

I have my local dealer at 14k, but they won't budge from there.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NShjLMI14tg
hyundaiusa.com/build-your-hyundai/?vehicle=accent
hyundaiusa.com/inventory-search/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Hyundai
>Accord

The two owners, Jim Honda and Ralph Hyundai, are actually cousins. It was an honest mistake desu

Get a civic for 3k.

Sorry, I meant Hyundai Accent. I've been doing that all day.

14k seems fair from my research.

Don't. It's a terrible car.

How so? Seems like it would be just fine for getting to work and back--I just have a pretty terrible commute.

What are your concerns with it?

It's a cheap Korean POS.
If you can grab it with the 7 year warranty for 13k why not?

But I would recommend the lowest trim of new Fit, proven reliability and also pretty spacious and around the same price point.

If all you need is a cheap appliance why are you spending so much money?

Good warranty but it fucking needs it

those engines shit the bed if you dont baby the fuck out of them

that said if you wrench they're horrendously easy to work on and parts can be had for pennies

that said I had a 2011

Just try and take the most attractive options (to you) in your price range for a test drive and see which you like most/hate least.

Warrant is actually 10yr/100k miles, but I hear ya.

At the price point, I actually prefer the accord's looks to most of its competitors. Again, this thing is just going to be a commuter, nothing special at all. Trips/family stuff/weekends will be in my "real" car.

Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't getting a terrible deal at that prices--seems pretty close.

I need something reliable, and their warranty is the best that I've found around here. Monthly payments come out to around 250, and my budget from the new job was 400. I'd rather have a cheap car and more in the bank, especially considering I'll put 15k a year on it just going from home to work.

>Good warranty but it fucking needs it
Warranty is bait. Do some research, they deny claims left and right.

Did you like it, stock? Pretty sure that was the year before the switched to the newest design.

What do you drive now?

2016 Forester. I know the stereotypes, but I love it. If I wasn't going to put so many miles on it a year, I'd probably go with a crosstrek or legacy for this new one.

But, its just not what I need right now.

Don't get the accent. Here is why:

youtube.com/watch?v=NShjLMI14tg

Plus all the 2016's left on the lots are base model pieces of shit. If you can't get the pop AND style package model then you're going to instantly regret your purchase. Also NOTHING changed for 2017, they don't even have the upgrade packages available yet for the sedan version.

If you want the hatchback version then only get the hatchback "sport" model. It has all the options available.

Honestly with all the rebates available for the elantra you might get into an elantra for almost the same price as an accent.

Nigger wtf are you doing? You already have a new car. It's an appliance too. Just keep it.

>they deny claims left and right.
Thats funny, every claim i made was obvious user caused damage and they paid for everything

Stock GLS 1.6L

Car was light as a fucking feather, got tossed around in a stiff breeze and rain was the bane of my existence. It was an appliance. A cheap, gas-sipping appliance that could be torn apart stupidly easily and with cheap parts. Would do 90 if you asked it to and you've done an alignment within the past 30 minutes.

Engine shit the bed at 88k

I hated the fucking thing.

Do you think they're unsafe? Reports that I'd read seemed alright on safety, but made me concerned about it. Do you think I'd be getting stiffed at 14k?

Did they cover your engine work at 88k? Hate to hear that it drove so terribly for you.

>completely misses the airbag
oh man he' got fucked up

I Paid 13k for mine

Said fuck it and upgraded to a Kia Optima when the engine went.

Its safe enough. Great visibility. If what you want is a shoebox with wheels to take you places its a pretty good shoebox.

Nice, thanks. Appreciate all of your input.

STOP. KEEP THE FORESTER

Wait, you have a forester?

Keep the forester.

I am. I need another. Woman and I have been sharing the Forester since we work two blocks apart and have a 25 minute commute.

My commute is going to around an hour. I don't want a second Forester payment, I just need something to get me from door to door.

Accent then.

But honestly in your shoes I'd get a used camry. The Accent is NOT a comfymobile.

Matter of fact get a 2 year old Optima. I'm paying literally the same as I did for the accent and getting a MUCH better car. One Kia actually took to the races and beat the pants off FR V6's with.

Civic for 3k

>2016 Forester

You are might be really disappointed with the Accent if you have not test driven it yet.

But I year ya. I drive a 2013 Fit and would never consider getting a larger car. Even the new Civic is too large for me.

You can find a used Fit base (previous generation) for probably around $10,000. It will still be good for 100,000+ miles and a much better choice than the Accent.

Have you considered the Mitsubishi Mirage? Dirt cheap and excellent fuel efficiency, most likely drives like an Accent.

Please remember this:

If you will be commuting with a BASE model accent, you will NOT have cruise control and the base model headlights are borderline useless. I drove a rental for a few weeks and the base halogens are absolute shit.

You must purchase the "popular" package to get cruise control. As I said before there are only base model 16's left on the lot in most areas...

See for yourself: hyundaiusa.com/build-your-hyundai/?vehicle=accent

Check dealer inventory: hyundaiusa.com/inventory-search/

Either spend a couple thousand more to get a much safer and better car, deal with the "inconvenience" of only owning one brand new car, or buy a used car. I implore you not to buy the remaining BASE models left on the lots. There's a reason they can't move them.... not even rental agencies want to buy any.