/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Edition

Here lieth the former thread: (Cross-thread)

>A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc
youtube.com/watch?v=eUCi3DEEvlc
youtube.com/watch?v=pNhqdKFWQpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whoops, Actual previous:

If there was ever a Bloodborne 2, what would you want to see in it as a trick weapon or transformation rune moveset?

Steak Dinner is fun.

Xth for my glorious League confederates

>no stats over 50
That's fine but hopefully your Vit and whatever scaling stat you use are 50, especially in NG+.

HMPH

Which build should I roll?
I'm contemplating between str/quality and dex/blt.
I really want to try a blt build, but it doesn't look like there's much variety to it.

Is there such a thing as a build based on the Holy Moonlight Sword?

anyone else feel like nightmare of mensis is a bit underused?
shoulda been a boss before micolash in my opinion. seeing that big ass glowing castle blast you with frenzy and then you just go through like three rooms and there's a dyel book nerd with a cage on his head that howls like a catgirl at you.

>str/quality

Spooky Chalice in pic related.

On a side note can I get some help at laurence?

Pass is bbg

did you drop the brain?

TRIGGERED

25/25/25 tends to be the base with people dropping another 25 into str or arc depending on how they want to use it.

Is the Chikage useful when you have low skill but high bloodtinge?
Also, does the poison effect cancel out when you have the Vileblood rune equipped?

Yes, multiple builds in fact.
25str 50arc (also good for the wheel), 25arc 50str, arc/str/skill quality or pure quality with base arc.

yeah for sure and that's real sweet but it's just a bit short when you go through it. maybe it's because the rooms are so annoying, i don't think a lot of people stick around to fight the spider room or the winter lanterns really.

Recently picked up BB for the first time since my first playthrough at release, I'm enjoying it way more than I remembered. Also picked up the DLC for the first time which might be helping. It's probably escalated BB to #1 or #2 of my soulsborne rankings.

There's no point to this post.

>first run of Bloodborne
>build is shite and all over the place because I kept finding cool new weapons that I convinced myself I'd stick to.
>feel overwhelming regret when I look at my stat screen
Is it even worth slugging through the chalice dungeons or should I just go through them on another playthrough when I actually make a good build?

The DLC and patches helped the game a lot. I wasn't a big fan of the vanilla game either.

DaS1 > DeS >= BB > DaS3 > > > > > DaS2

BB is right up there with DeS in terms of PvE.

I'd start over and stick to some build. Chalice dungeons aren't terribly fun anyway.

save them for a build you really like because they will be tough.

>tfw Loran Darkmeme
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK MEEEEEEE
I HATE HIM SO MUCH. FUCKING CAMERA BEAST SHIT
MY HANDS WERE HEALING BUT THEY'RE BLEEDING FROM BITES AGAIN.
FUCK THIS BOSS

It will be much easier with a proper build. For PvE, a STR build is best and most fun.

Or try my Jack of All Trades build:
44/15/30/20/18/40

The Jack of all Trades build is less efficient, but it lets you use everything in the game. I like to use it to try out weapons to see if I like them. You know, before spending hours making a build for them only to find out that I don't.

lol

cuk

post ur hands

HMPH

HMPH
M
P
H

when I get to NG+2, am I supposed to start leveling my stats like my vitality above 50? The benefits seem so minuscule per level at that point, but the enemies do so much more damage so far in NG+ that I imagine even basic NG+2 enemies will annihilate me in one or two hits

Anyone want some co-op? Areas, bosses, I'm up for whatever my senpaitachi.

You can help me with defiled hotdog if you want.
Pass is killme

On my, user

Gonna break out my Choir Bell, you up for another round?

Yea. Sorry, I forgot about the explody attack.

>at Ebrietas/Ludwig/One Reborn
>none of my stats have broken 23 yet
am I fucked

One Reborn is fairly easy, and Ebrietas is optional.

It's possible but you'll do shit damage and die in one hit.
Ebrietas charge will be a bitch

Got a bit greedy there. Wanna try again?

Jesus Christ I just ran into it

Fire paper
Beast poop pellets

that charge will be shit no matter how high a level I am
fuck that dumb macaroni and cheese ass raw face sexy hips piece of shit

I'm so sorry. This is getting embarrassing.

I can usually dodge her charge, but her swooping charge-to-bodyslam attack she does at low life kills me from 1500hp and sometimes she does it right after casting space lasers, while I am still busy dodging them

I've died to this to spastic fucker more times than I can count, don't worry user

Wew. Thanks user. Hope you had some fun at least.

Reminder that no one should ever have trouble with Blood-Starved Beast after thier first playthrough. You can beat him without touching the O button easily.

youtube.com/watch?v=LLCjrpghCYc

What does the Formless Oedon Rune look like to you?

Like an edgy smiley face.

A closed eye with three puncture wounds above it, with blood from the wounds oozing down onto the eye

A hedgetrimmer

DEUS VULT

A person with open arms, and two sideways behind.

A person going to embrace two people facing each other.

A closed eye.

A have a bloody have a nice day smiley

3 guys with a shorter guy in a middle holding his arms out like come at me bro

The heirophant tarot card

The Hierophant is the symbol of subtle and unseen power, like how religion affects the way a society grows.
He may represent the influence of culture, natural or social laws as well as the influence of secret agents or fate.
He is by his nature very orthodox and conventional. This would make Oedon a "villain" of a very archetypical sort.
He is very old and real. What he represents cannot be denied, but originality and innovation are not his cup of tea.
Oedon will likely always be and always want the same thing. His dark will is very strong and courses through many agents.

Feels good getting in the zone fighting a boss, glad to help!

Uh, do all the runes have a tarot reference or just some? The other only reference is the Hunter rune being a reference to the brand of sacrefice in Berserk.

Anyone wanna do ng+ Laurence for some lol's? Pw : bbg

wew on me wayo, where you ringing?

Before fog gate

Whoops I'm there m8

I slipped. Still ringing

Bloodtinge and Arcane for the win!

Laurence is the reason I bought PS+ but fuck me that wasn't even that hard

Are we just gud now?

Probably. His sweeps use to give me so much trouble but now I can dodge them for days.

But Oedon does nothing confirmed in BB

What music do you all listen to while grinding/playing?
youtube.com/watch?v=eUCi3DEEvlc
Silent Hill gets the ambience just right for me. Nothing too distracting, but nothing too quiet either. It just melts into the background.

I played this game a year ago, gunned it in the course of a few days, having no clue what I was doing. I did a quality build like dark souls but that basically stuck me with the memeblade for the whole game. I got up to the Orphan of Kos and put the game down for a little, then found out he's apparently insanely hard and didn't want to touch it again.

Now I want to go back and beat him, but it's been so long that I'm fucking terrible at the game again. I can't dodge anything for shit with the weird delay on the step dash and everything eats half my HP in a single hit with 43 vitality.

I'm thinking of starting a new game now just to get back into it, but I don't want to do another memeblade run. All the fun shit is bloodtinge and arcane, but they're locked to really late game/DLC, and taking both seems like a deathwish. What combination of STR/SKL+BLD/ARC do you recommend for maximum fun?

I tend to listen to podcasts, plenty of time blast through back catalogues. Spooky podcasts, though.

Got any recommendations for those podcasts? Always love hearing a good spook while playing.

Is there any functional difference between saw cleaver and spear aside from whether you prefer a strong thrust or sweep?

Spear is serrated on both modes, and is quality skill leaning. Cleaver is serrated only when untricked, and is quality strength leaning.

I knew about the scaling but heavy abyssals almost make that irrelevant.
I guess cleaver outdamages it just slightly then. Ah well, I prefer the saif over both anyhow.

Fun is subjective, do you like to be mobile, do you big damage with every strike, do you like ranged fights, parry enemies to death, using spells?

That said maybe STR+BLD for cannons, bloodletter, STR weapons (skill weapons if you like grinding gems) and with just enough skill for using tricked chikage and bowblade.

I listen to a few, Blurry Photos is a less serious podcast that discusses paranormal topics, conspiracies, aliens and stuff, it's very light-hearted, lots of jokes, but they're genuinely into the material.

A more sober podcast is the Lore podcast, a bi-weekly, 20-30 minute podcast that covers a different real life spooky event or tale in every episode. Murders, weird events, hauntings, etc. The episode about Robert the Doll was really good. Highly recommended if you're looking for a good spooking more than anything.

There's also the H.P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast, two guys work their way through the entire body of HPL's work and discuss it and learn about it. Also a more light-hearted show, very well produced, good readings, guest hosts and stuff. Their Lovecraft episodes are free forever, something like 120+ episodes, but the post-HPL stuff is subscriber only except for one episode a month.

As the other guy said, depending what you find fun. I went STR my first walkthrough and pure SKL on the second. Ultimately I enjoy looking stylish and going fast the most, so Threaded Cane at the start and Rakuyo in the end was super fun to me.

If you like feeling like your hits make big impact, consider Kirkhammer.

Good stuff, user. I'll make sure to check it all out, since I've been farming BLT gems for a while now. Thanks, man

>What combination of STR/SKL+BLD/ARC do you recommend for maximum fun?

41+/15+/18/20/5/50
Lets you use every element-convertible weapon in the game and hunter tools. Arcane builds aren't locked behind end-game, necessarily. Yes, the best gems are, but that's true for every build. Three 10% Fire gems (two which you can get from the final boss of the very first Chalice Dungeon) can take through a vast majority of the game..

Not that user, but this stuff sounds real neat. Thank you for the recs.

You can get the BOOM hammer early for an Arc+Str build. Love that thing.

I usually listen to this album youtube.com/watch?v=pNhqdKFWQpI

If you summon Alfred as a Vileblood does he turn against you?

I hope you both enjoy them! Blurry Photos episodes are around the hour long mark, later episodes might even go to the hour and a half mark. Lore is 20-30 minutes. HPPodcraft marksin around 30 minutes.

You've got a good amount of material to go through!

If you like arcane and fun weapons, str/arc is the way to go. 50 str/25skl/25arc works well with the wheel and Holy Moonlight Sword. 50 arc if you want tentacle monster.

Bliodtinge is good for weebkage and bloodletter.

Quality should lean toward str, so 50 str 25 skill gets great results and there are better weapons than meme blade, including cleaver. Beastmode is also fun.

Skill has great weapons like the rakuyo, which is Maria's saber and dagger, and the burial blade. Lots of others to choose from as well. If going arc, grab tonitrus early.

Ah now

Is there any NPC you can summon for Gascoigne? I'm doing NG+ and I want to co-op for my 2nd playthrough

Don't think so in NG, but since you're in NG+ and have the Old Hunter Bell, try and bring him into his own boss fight.

>try and bring him into his own boss fight
Iirc that's impossible, he stops some distance before Tomb of Oedon and doesn't go any closer.

He blows a silencing blank.

Gascoigne's a cheeky little cunt isn't he

Friendly reminder that the "tentacles" of the Kos Parasite aren't actually tentacles, they're just giant slugs clinging to your body which is why all your attacks look like they're controlling you instead of you controlling them.

Does anyone else think they wanted to do more with Gasgoine but couldn't get "a friend turning into a boss" concept to work properly?

He was originally an NPC you could talk to, and has a bunch of unused dialogue. Maybe he was originally going to be a companion NPC that turns against you once you reach Tomb of Oedon, possibly after seeing his dead wife because I don't think he actually killed her, since they are on opposite sides of the arena and he's hacking up some Yharnamites when you walk in,

>you will never be an old hunters npc with infinite qs bullets and a gatling gun

why live? god i wish this game was on pc

Maybe. I've never heard that before, that he used to be an NPC. I just think he's a very good example of the beast scourge in action, as well as an introductory boss and tragic character.

I think it's weird you can summon him before his fight, you can summon Henryk after you kill him in Tomb of Oedon for the Rom fight, but maybe that assumes he's still alive or something?

I'd love to believe he didn't kill her, but the daughter's quest makes a point of her being without their special music box and that seems to hint strongly against him. It could've have a gameplay significance, the game giving you an additional tool to deal with him, but it's not the way Soulsborne games work, is it?

But really, I'd love to have more dialogue with NPCs and human bosses in general. Not too much, but to give an example I think Eileen is a very well-defined character that gets just the right amount of exposure. I'd love to meet Gascoigne before his battle, chat with Gehrman some more, get a couple more lines from Maria, and to hear at least something from the Crow of Cainhurst.

Anyone interested in fighting NG+ Amelia?

Isz watchers DO drop arcane triangles, right? Because I'm getting tired of this madness

yup

Sure thing gimme a pass and ring location