google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=z7CKLSFiJH_M.kMZoQpBOKipI

>Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator
cycle-ergo.com/

>Noob? Read this:

>Webms with sound

>Previously on /dbt/
>SEM POLL ROUND 2
Pick final destination and time frame.
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdYldJ_b_Ef-i81_w_iisNgS3LVnJIT_5Lu86ddiez8olTZHQ/viewform

what do you guys think about my new hog?

hi

post her feet

Looking getting an exhaust for my Ducati monster 796 for next season and I really like the Vance and Hines cs one dual undertail but they claim it only fits 2008-2011 696 and 1100. I'm pretty sure little to nothing changed from 2011 to 2012 which is the year of my bike and the 696 and 796 are almost identical. Think I'll run into any issues?

When does the narwhal bacon at?

>her

I'm going to be getting my license in the first quarter of next year. I want to start thinking about gear so I can buy it in advance and not all at once as soon as I start riding. Just looking for some advice from you fellas.

1. As a novice, is getting leathers overkill? I live in London (UK) and cycle year round, so would be fine riding a motorbike through winter too.

2. I have decided to get a DRZ400SM as my first bike. I don't care about the memes.. But would I look like a fool wearing leathers and a road helmet (pic related) on a sumo ?

3. What else could you recommend for year round gear, or am I better off getting both winter and non winter gear?

4. Reason I'm keen on leathers is they seem to offer the best protection, but again.. As a novice on a DRZ, is it too much? I prefer to invest money into quality things that last longer, rather than cheaping out and replacing it sooner rather than later.

By the way in don't think I'll be commuting, since I get a company car and as a Sales person, always have to look presentable and wearing a suit. So really this would be for weekend rides on and off road.

Should I get the Suzuki TU250 for my next bike?

It looks beautiful and it is perfect for fuel economy (around 70mpg) and commuting,

post his feet

That's the bike I used for my safety course. I was riding my first bike a month prior to the course and compared to it o thought it was a joke bike just for crap like safety courses.

>1. As a novice, is getting leathers overkill?
No, leather offers the best protection

>2. would I look like a fool wearing leathers and a road helmet (pic related) on a sumo ?
Yes

>3. What else could you recommend for year round gear, or am I better off getting both winter and non winter gear?
Get some fat ass touring gear with liner to be warm. Also there is heated grips, heated gear, heated seats if you absolutely need to.

>4.
Safety is never too much. And you can keep using most leathers after crashes, it's easily the safest.

Sure why not if you need a beater. Just be warned, it's not any faster than a modern 125 so you may as well look into other 250s.

Leave your leathers at home unless you're going to the track. Get some textile waterproof pants, jacket and some solid boots

>But would I look like a fool wearing leathers and a road helmet (pic related) on a sumo

You look like a fool skidding over the asphalt in your fox jersey that's for sure.

Really? My YBR 125 made in 2011 has a top speed of 65mph.

/dbt/ how long have you been riding and how many crashes have you had?

>riding
15 years on dirt, 5 on street
>crashed
Twice on the street, I've lost count on dirt.

>Riding
4 months and I'm done till next season.
>Crashed
Not yet

>riding
almost 4 years according to my licence

>crashed
Twice, both this year.

About 8 months, crashed once (fixated on a turn and fell into an orchard).

>>>>>>>niederland drivers

Riding on road for 4.5 years, bike has gone down 4 times.

First 2 times was me locking the front on my ybr125 in the wet. First time was me panicking when an oncoming car decided to pass a parked car using my lane. Second time I was just coming to a gentle stop behind a car when the bike just slid from under me. Still have no idea why that happened.

Followed by sliding my TZR 125 coming off the roundabout in a group ride when it just started to rain a little bit. I was WOT trying to keep up with big bikes on a group ride. Bike was restricted at this point so I thought the tyre could handle it. This was in the same year as my previous "crashes".

Then, fast forward about 3 years and 2 bikes, I slid my ZX6r down the road going around a roundabout on a dry day after my rear tyre broke loose. Checked my tyre pressures, the rear tyre was at 18 psi...

>TL;DR check your damn tyre pressures

>German "roads"

I'm not the fucktard that thinks ice is a suitable road surface.
Here you can ride with slicks through rain without problems.

You'll look like a big faggot on a DRZ anyways so you may as well have some protection so the insurance companies have someone to ream when you crash your fucking fagmobile.

>riding
25 years(yes, I´m old)
>crashed
3, twice on my moped when I was 15 and once I had to lay the bike down(at about 0,5kph), because the earth under me and the bike gave away(gravel was looser than I imagined).
>bikes
Tunturi Tiger Aqua 50cc ´90
Husqvarna WR 125 ´92
Honda CBR 600 F ´89
Kawasaki Z750 ´04
BMW R1000R ´95

:-DDDDD

So wearing leathers on a sumo is stupid, but so is wearing MX gear, so just basic sober looking textiles, even if it isn't as good protection as leathers?

Is the road helmet fine, since I'd eventually want to get a street / sport bike. I would like to ride some distance.. Like 100kms away or whatever, I feel like a dirt helmet would be no good for that.

Haha, was waiting for this.. What would you get instead? The reason for the DRZ in my case is that it's slow, forgiving, cheap and reliable. Seems ideal for a newbie.

>riding
13 years on and off since I was 4, 2 years straight with an actual license and real bike
>crashed
Lost count on pocketbikes and dirt bikes, once on the street because I went riding at night without a working headlight.

Unless you count dropping it, then twice because I had to lay er down one morning after I slipped on a rock. Steep gravel driveways suck.

I'm just memeing you.

Wear leathers, no one gives a fuck how you look, be safe. You're on a motorcycle, you don't need cagers to think you look cool you're already cool as fuck. Just don't expect other people to think so.

They also make special dual-sport helmets that have visors and look a little more dirt-friendly so they fit the fashion better.

DRZ is a fine motorcycle, just don't be DRZfag and spam all the goddamn time.

2 years, not once

Maskantje jonge

2 years

2 crashes, both in my first two months of riding.

One was dropping the clutch in the parking lot thinking I had downshifted and instead just given 2nd gear a fat blip on the throttle for rev matching, hit a curb and ended up sideways in a mulch planter, nothing really hurt but my pride and KLR anyways so zip ties may as well be OEM fix.

2nd was coming into a steep hard uphill right turn too hard, clipped a curb and lowsided at about 8 mph.

I'll Maaskantje your ass'!

>Dutch riders

When I got my bike the back tire was pretty flat and showed silver soon after. When I went to replace it they told me they filled the front as it was at 13psi. Luckily I was new to riding and didn't push the bike too hard.

OK, thanks bro. I have no intention of spamming that shit, I just did my research and it seemed like a good fit for me. I didn't want to give a shit how I looked, but I didn't want to seem like some scrub wearing overkill gear either.
Thanks, I'll check out the adventure helmets!

Keeping your skin should be a higher priority over looks.

>riding
Year and a half.
>crashes
None yet. Closest call was riding through a diesel spill then trying to go around a roundabout at normal speed. Back wheel slipped multiple times but managed to keep it upright. Dropped it many times offroad and when practicing maneuvers at low speed.

It is indeed. This is really what I was hoping to hear, I can afford it, so figured this was the safest route, and best value long term.

At least they don't ride into trucks trailers

what's the best naked bike for touring?

that guy's barely german

5 years on street

>dropped bikes as noob
>got hit by a lady while lanesplitting but didnt fall off
>highsided in rain and broke wrist

only bad crash was my most recent

>tfw friends just say for me to get a car

I would have suggested textiles if you intended on commuting with it but if you're just using it for weekends there's a good chance you won't go out if it's pissing down or freezing, so leathers will be perfect for you.

There's nothing silly about wearing leathers on a sumo if you're actually going to ride it properly and get your lean on.

MX helmets are designed for offroading. Ventilation, deflecting rocks and protection from roost. You're probably not going to need any of that. A regular full face will give you better protection, wind noise reduction and comfort.

Fz10 with aftermarket windshield looks pretty sick.

>tfw friends just say for me to get a car
Get better friends.
After my crash a friend gave me all kinds of lucky charms and said she wants to buy a guardian bell for my birthday.
Now if only she buys the tight leather suit she wants, she would be perfect.

sheet you're right, a tad on the expensive side though, i might have to go for something used

>having female friends
cuck detected

The one that will just run and run with minimal maintenance. You want to enjoy your tour, not be sitting at a mechanics shop or at the side of a road with a spanner.

GS500

Cool thanks for the explanation, hadn't thought of the noise reduction..
I'm hoping there's some kind of track nearby where I can really learn to lean, I don't mind crashing a bit if it teaches me how to corner properly, as long as I don't get flayed while I do!

2017 SV650 with optional ABS

Calm your tits, WR

>8 months
>once, within the first 150km, now clocking in 8k crash free

I'll have my monster paid of in two more years. Hopefully get 4k for it and find a lightly used one on cl.

as much as I love that bike, it would be an awful tourer.
Mostly because of the seat. I've sat on more comfortable landmines.

am I being memed right now?

I heard the new SV650 is just a slightly remodeled Gladius, which were pretty terrible. Is that true?

I'm also looking for a bit more than 72 hp

why would you sell your monster as soon as you have it paid off, just to buy a used one?

No such thing as overkill gear.

Monster is my first bike. I've had it for around 4 months and although it looks beautiful and I found a guy who can maintenance it at the rates of Jap bikes it is too slow and cost too much to put aftermarket parts on.

EBR 1190sx is pretty comfy with a corbin seat

Also I couldn't afford two bikes.

>am I being memed right now?
Yes and no. Obviously what I said is true but you can probably afford something which is both reliable and better than a GS500.

>I heard the new SV650 is just a slightly remodeled Gladius, which were pretty terrible. Is that true?

Never rode a gladius, but I did ride a 2005 SV for almost 20k miles and now the new one and it just really feels like a throwback to those days.
Just better.

chose it over the MT07 mostly because of the round headlight styling and the far superior suspension.
New SV is a load of fun outside cities aswell, the MT feels kinda meh in comparison.

>she
cuck

I have never heard of EBR before, but holy shit, those things are atrocious, no offense. who the fuck designed those, a blind man?

isn't this basically just a matter of maintenance by the previous owner/s? I'm sure there's japanese bikes that break down constantly due to an abusive previous owner, and ducatis than go 50k kms without issue, and with proper maintenance

that makes sense, what are you planning on getting next?

well, it makes sense, it's basically parallel twin vs V-Twin, and of course, the V has more torque. But again, 72 hp is a tad on the weak side for me

1. No. Also don't buy cheap textile ever. It will melt to your skin if you are unlucky enough to slide 3 feet. I did not have fun taking off those pants.
2. Most people say you look like a fool in anything but a hoodie and jeans unless you're on a straight up repli-racer.
3. Layer up. Scarf, bacalava, thin gloves to go under your gloves
4. No you idiot.
5. Offroad demands different gear. Speeds are lower, so the wind won't cool you down as much. The surface is uneven, so you tumble instead of sliding. Look at MX racers and tell me how many leather jackets you see. Depending on what you're doing most of the time you might want to get some strap-on armor and airy textiles to go over it as a compromise, or just do the armor and hang/pack your leather jacket at the trails. Road rash on dirt isn't that fucking bad anyways. Pavement rash is emergency room tier, dirt and gravel rash is bandaid tier.

What are you riding at the moment?

UR MOM LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hey, thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions. I see what you mean about dirt gear, but I don't think I'd be doing that much dirt riding, just easy trails from time to time.. I don't have a garage and obviously no space to be changing wheels etc.. So no serious off roading to start. I appreciate your response user.

Then get the leather jacket and leave the zipper open when you're on dirt.

OH FUCK BTFOOOOOOOO

a BMW F650

At what point to you give up and put your bike away for the winter? In NJ btw

The stanced one?

>oil change
>washed bike
>zeroed new glass on my AR, hunting next week

There aren't better feels

Not

jup, but i prefer to call it tastefully lowered

>assault rifle
>hunting

When it gets uncomfortable to ride. Even then, I put a space heater in my garage so I don't really need to winterize, I just put in fuel stabilizer so if there's a chance warm day in January or something I can still take it out without much hassle

>He's not allowed to own any real guns
Sorry mate, must suck

ice on roads for more than a week straight

>implying putting a bike away is a big deal
do an oil change, add fogging oil (if needed) and fuel stabilizer (if ethanol gas), plug in the battery tender, and remember to roll it an inch every day or put it on wheelstands

but oh fuck how will you ever ride now without a lengthy un-winterizing
>unplug battery tender
>take bike off stands if any

wild hogs m8

>not being able to shoot one deer or 20 boar with the same gun, same magazine

Hahahahhahahahaahahahahhahhshahhahahahahahahahahshshhahahahahhhahahahahahahahahahhhahahahah

Oh great, here come the europeans who think hunting is a sport and not pest control and food gathering.

Go feed your hounds and horses.

tfw clean(ish) shitbike

What did you guys do today?

>hating EBR

must being a faggot.

>rear light on my bike doesn't come on any more

Just kill me already

LED or traditional bulb?

Looks cool desu. Like the ratty look.

Did a climbing course and I might or might not have injured a co-worker.

I've heard different things, do i change the oil before or after winter or both?

It's a cluster light on the lexmoto venom. It still works when I brake which means it must be the electrics which means it will be pricey >:(

Check your connections, check your bulbs, check your fuses

I don't say I hate it, I have literally not heard of them before then, I just think their bikes (at least the ones I have seen so far) are pretty damn ugly.

does /dbt/ ride through the winter?

>lexmoto venom

One of the connectors or wires is probably just broken. Try wiggling around the wires and connectors to see if it starts to flicker. If not go through and test the voltage at the connector.

I do. If you call this "winter"

your bmw is pretty ugly too cuck. you cant even get it anyways no EBR in yurop